• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Alright! Episode is done so:

Who was your MVP tonight?
Daisy, cause she's the only major contributor this week that didn't have tacked on daddy issues or a relationship that only exists as a plot device. And for her that's some progress cause she usually has both.

That part where the russian dude kept talking about Coulson, I couldn't help but imagine the answer being this guy instead:

latest

vivftp

So part of dudes endgame is Coulson, and his lackey knew this. So of course when Coulson shows up at the Library the lacky is entirely focused on the book and doesn't seem to care about Coulson. I guess that could just be a very minor oversight.

The Kree

Banned
This felt like a filler episode. Last week Radcliffe was on his way to meet the superior. That should have happened this week, but instead we got a bunch of shitty green screened Patton Oswalts and a generic evil five o'clock shadowed Russian who hates Coulson for reasons. They could have had Aida walk out with the book two episodes ago and moved this along quicker.

I also wish this show was still primarily about Daisy.

Slayven

Still think Radicliff is a double agent. If he was fending for the Darkhold, why didn't he instantly open it? And he had no porbably turning people into Alpha Primates but he did everything to save Billy

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
This felt like a filler episode. Last week Radcliffe was on his way to meet the superior. That should have happened this week, but instead we got a bunch of shitty green screened Patton Oswalts and a generic evil five o'clock shadowed Russian who hates Coulson for reasons. They could have had Aida walk out with the book two episodes ago and moved this along quicker.

I also wish this show was still primarily about Daisy.

Wait, was this Russian guy supposed to be the superior? If so, snooze.

Yeah, pretty sure he was the superior, guys. He's a huge industrialist with all sorts of money, he's not just a torture goon. They focused too much on his introduction and not showing his face at first for him to just be some chump.

kurahador

Yeah, pretty sure he was the superior, guys. He's a huge industrialist with all sorts of money, he's not just a torture goon. They focused too much on his introduction and not showing his face at first for him to just be some chump.

Nah...he just said he's superior from everyone else, not The Superior. I think he's just the owner of that submarine.
I think we'll meet the actual Superior with Nadeer.

caliph95

I'm being optimistic but i hope somewhere in the MCU some of the quake fanfics were written by a bored Kamala khan. I hope she gets namedropped.

Also with how vague they were being with Superior stuff i hope that the there is more to the watchdogs because there is little reason to be so ominous with it if thats the word with the leader of the watch dogs.

Pachimari

Hmm, I'm not too hopeful we'll get another season since the ratings have been weak both last week and this week.

I'm probably gonna watch this week's episode tonight.

abundant

Hmm, I'm not too hopeful we'll get another season since the ratings have been weak both last week and this week.

I'm probably gonna watch this week's episode tonight.

The writings been on the wall ever since it became apparent that ABC was burning through this season (for the past few weeks, AoS had been the only thing new on Tuesday night).

Pachimari

The writings been on the wall ever since it became apparent that ABC was burning through this season (for the past few weeks, AoS had been the only thing new on Tuesday night).

Yeah, I just got hopeful when they said during the awards, that they could definitely see it get a fifth season. Was probably just said to calm the storm.

-Superior reveal was kind of disappointing but hey it ties into the Bobbi and Hunter plot from last season. Remember them?
-I liked all the hints of "who's got the Darkhold" and "why are there so many Koenigs?" Radcliffe not wanting him to be permanently damaged, "programmed not to feel pain", having them be part of the original LMD program.
-Starting a pool for Davies' death. How many episodes will he last?
-Black Widow was wearing half-zipped leather jumpsuits back when Daisy was living in a van.
-"You're not May. The real May wouldn't use tongue."
-Robo-Radcliffe's next line was "No, I am you father."

Jackpot

Banned
Liked the episode but that reveal was lame. It's so self-evidently wrong and we're stuck with another vendetta-against-Coulson plot.

Khaz

The red shirt didn't die. When that agent got a line and was named, I thought for sure it was to add gravitas to his inevitable demise. Which I thought would happen when they got attacked by the Koenig sister. They got me again!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I watched the last two episodes and was catching up on the thread, I saw people confused on two things:

- LMD May was the leak in the previous episode. Radcliffe was watching through her eyes and got to know the details of the mission.
- Russian industrialist dude is "the superior". He's been financing Nadeer and has a vendetta against everything alien. Unless they're planning to throw us a curve ball and there's someone else above him.

I liked how this episode juggled goofiness and heavy stuff. Pretty well balanced. Loved the heavy look on Coulson's face when Daisy told him they'll find her at the end. This show has a way of fucking with its characters.

Really digging Radcliffe, he has a good mix of wonky morals and not giving a fuck. I like that we still can't be sure of his endgame.

Superior reveal was whatever, but I wasn't expecting anything from it to begin with. I'm not gonna lie though, during his slow entrance in the submarine for a split second I entertained the idea of it being Ward. I was ready to see that shark being jumped. :lol

Cuburt

There were so many goofy fake outs this episode, especially the writers playing with the audience about whether the Koenigs were really LMDs or not. They got a lot of mileage out of that. lol

In general, I think the writers have been having lots of fun with all the LMD mystery twists and turns. This episode feels like them having more fun with playing with expectations, and showing off a bit for how comfortable they've gotten with being able to mess with the audience.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Forgot to mention that I love Aida. Aside from the magic thing it's not like they've done anything particularly new with her as far as robot lady characters go, but there's something about the actress that makes her steal the show for me in every scene she's in. I'll be bummed when she's gone.

Santiako

Forgot to mention that I love Aida. Aside from the magic thing it's not like they've done anything particularly new with her as far as robot lady characters go, but there's something about the actress that makes her steal the show for me in every scene she's in. I'll be bummed when she's gone.

She was fantastic as an evil queen in Galavant. She's got a great voice.

dorikyasu

Superior reveal was whatever, but I wasn't expecting anything from it to begin with. I'm not gonna lie though, during his slow entrance in the submarine for a split second I entertained the idea of it being Ward. I was ready to see that shark being jumped. :lol
You weren't the only one. It'd be hilarious if Radcliffe uses Darkhold to bring back Ward.

Top Bottom