• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

LotusHD

Banned
Alright, can we just agree that that was by far the best episode of the season (which was already incredible to begin with), if not one of the best in the entire show.

Korigama

Just reading the comments here but wtf?
World inside the Framework:

-Daisy is with Ward
-Coulson is a schoolteacher lecturing on Inhumans
-Mack is doing yard work
-Fitz steps out of a car with someone we only get a glimpse of, but it's not Simmons because we see her grave
-May is in the elevator at the old Triskelion HQ for S.H.I.E.L.D. from Winter Soldier...only it has the Hydra emblem on it

Luigi87

Six weeks?

Gawd.

Okay, so episode is donezo
Who's this week's MVP?

Jemma absolutely killed it tonight, but the runner up is Aida going 0-100 in every scene.

Simmons, Daisy and LMD May tie it for me.
Simmons being all awesome, and doing what needed to be done to take down LMD Fitz
Daisy for taking down LMD Mace, and then basically doing a Rasengan on LMD Mack and Coulson.
LMD May... Because... That scene...

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Six weeks?

Gawd.

Okay, so episode is donezo
Who's this week's MVP?

Jemma absolutely killed it tonight, but the runner up is Aida going 0-100 in every scene.

AIDA was the MVP, she pretty much out Radcliff, Radcliff. Damn, Age of Ultron should have been the avengers verses LMDs of each other with Ultron in the mix.

-Daisy is with Ward
-Mack is doing yard work
-Fitz steps out of a car with someone we only get a glimpse of, but it's not Simmons because we see her grave
-May is in the elevator at the old Triskelion HQ for S.H.I.E.L.D. from Winter Soldier...only it has the Hydra emblem on it
Picking up a child's bike, implying that Hope is "alive" in the framework.

Which is probably the most messed up "fix".

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
MVP is Daisy, she's the only one who kept hope alive and she was a badass in multiple scenes, from her pep talk to Jemma to her fight scenes.

• body snatching
  • trust hugs
  • anime moves
  • hacking into the matrix
  • all leading up to ya boy with that killer smile

83edcf3a4da207c8d1ac6a163f380a19.jpg

and I thought seeing Flash fight a gorilla was going to be the highlight of the night.

aparisi2274

Did anyone notice the quick "Return of Hydra" title card when the standard LMD title card was on screen at the end of the episode...

Can't wait!!!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Alright, can we just agree that that was by far the best episode of the season (which was already incredible to begin with), if not one of the best in the entire show.

Oh, it was the best episode of the entire show so far.

That scene with LMD May talking to LMD Coulson juxtaposed with Daisy, Jemma and the redshirts scrambling into the Zephyr was a fantastic scene and the best of the show.

Bloomers

Soo..

-Daisy is with Ward
They probably have a whole new backstory now, where Ward w/ victorious Hydra picks her up.

Bet he's in Oregon...

-Mack is doing yard work
Chillin w/ fam

I dunno about Fitz (he probably invented some cool shit and got rich for it), but is Simmons about to wake up in the Framework 6 feet under?!

Maybe w/out Coulson at SHIELD, she becomes a loyalist and is swayed by Hydra to go against Captain America during the events of Winter Soldier? Would be an interesting way to kill MCU Cap and ruin the Avengers a different way.

This shit is cray. That episode had me more stressed than any other single episode of TV that wasn't Breaking Bad.

jph139

Oh easily. Even the Ghost Rider stuff for me was, at best, on par with the peaks of Season 2 (which I've always considered the only time SHIELD really touched greatness). But the LMD arc has absolutely been the best the show's ever done and it totally came to a head here. Good drama, good action, lots of twists and turns. A+ episode.

A few folks live tweeting saying the next arc is Assault on Pleasant Hill if this is anything to go by...

I definitely got that vibe as well. The main difference is that Pleasant Hill was A) very specifically not a simulation but a rewriting of reality and B) was a place designed to rehabilitate villains by force.

So it's sort of an inverse Pleasant Hill where the "bad guys" are trying to remove the "good guys" from the equation by giving them happy, pleasant lives.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Oh easily. Even the Ghost Rider stuff for me was, at best, on par with the peaks of Season 2 (which I've always considered the only time SHIELD really touched greatness). But the LMD arc has absolutely been the best the show's ever done and it totally came to a head here. Good drama, good action, lots of twists and turns. A+ episode.

How fucking crazy is it that the show got better after Ghost Rider left?

LotusHD

Banned
Oh, it was the best episode of the entire show so far.

That scene with LMD May talking to LMD Coulson juxtaposed with Daisy, Jemma and the redshirts scrambling into the Zephyr was a fantastic scene and the best of the show.

Good, good.

It is the best episode of the best superhero show to ever grace TV. And I mean that.

Actually you're completely right, now that I think about it. Haven't had that many superhero shows to begin with, and none of them have ever been on this sort of quality.

This shit is cray. That episode had me more stressed than any other single episode of TV that wasn't Breaking Bad.

Same man. Like I knew we was in for some LMD fuckery, but my goodness. The whole tension with everyone not knowing who was who. Fitz over here casually stabbing the fuck out of Jemma, who then later on returns the favor. Daisy with the fucking quake-Rasengan, and then everything else...

It's been said repeatedly on here I'm sure, but the best part about this show is how it just blazes through these things. Literally every other (superhero at least) show would draw that shit out as much as it can.

How fucking crazy is it that the show got better after Ghost Rider left?

Right? We really bout to get 20+ episodes of greatness.

Without a doubt, that was the best episode this show ever made.

Agreed.

SRG01

Guys, Simmons isn't dead
the Framework takes away a regret, so the program probably tried to put her back on the other planet...

LotusHD

Banned
Wait! AMY ACKER!!
AMY ACKER Y'ALL!
cellist1.jpg

!!!

-----

Seriously, this the type of episode where now I have to force my friend to watch this ASAP. Like I've been bugging him to for a while, telling him it has gotten exponentially better. But now, I can no longer let him stall lol

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
It is the best episode of the best superhero show to ever grace TV. And I mean that.

its hard to argue with this and I've seen ghost rider, Grodd, Kid Flash, the Justice Society of America, Firestorm, etc on tv and still this episode takes the cake.

Malyse

LotusHD

Banned
its hard to argue with this and I've seen ghost rider, Grodd, Kid Flash, the Justice Society of America, Firestorm, etc on tv and still this episode takes the cake.

Damn, before Flash, all I wanted was the type of superhero show where you get to see all these flashy powers and what not. Then when all is said and done, the shows that show restraint in that area turned out to be the best one.

real talk

I think this season is better than flash season 1

Easily.

Top Bottom