• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Dai101

Banned
yYXTOzk.gif

First correction, I am Swiss

LotusHD

Banned

Luigi87

I can't believe I actually want this dude back. Left perfectly before he got stale, and yet I'm still excited to see him back.

Ward and Hive both had to die, they had to, but Brett Dalton is just so awesome one would just want him back in some capacity.
I'm much happier it's also in the Framework rather than a LMD.

LionPride

Banned
I can't believe I actually want this dude back. Left perfectly before he got stale, and yet I'm still excited to see him back.

He was my favorite on the show, is a damn changeling, he just does so much so well

Oh shit, we may get a genuinely good Ward this time

Remember when we thought a simulated reality would just be a temporary one off to explain May's absence and now it's the basis of one of the most exciting developments in this show's history?

Bloomers

Dude, the Avengers should have been....

ooh...

I honestly don't think there will be an Avengers this time haha. Coulson never died.

As I said before, I'm expecting Framework Cap to be in the ground deeper than Jemma, along with other Shield personnel. Hell, maybe Bucky will be Hydra's Star-Spangled Man

Malyse

Interesting fact: whenever the show focuses on Jemma, it gets REALLY good.

I guess this means we're officially ignoring Homecoming.

LotusHD

Banned
Ward and Hive both had to die, they had to, but Brett Dalton is just so awesome one would just want him back in some capacity.
I'm much happier it's also in the Framework rather than a LMD.

Same, much better reveal.

He was my favorite on the show, is a damn changeling, he just does so much so well

Oh shit, we may get a genuinely good Ward this time

Dude elevated the show to another level to begin with, so I can't say I'm not happy to see him back.

Interesting fact: whenever the show focuses on Jemma, it gets REALLY good.

No lies detected

LionPride

Banned
guys

Is Zola in the framework and that's why it's all Hydra-fied???

Please!

So Simmons ain't dead right? We saw here grave, but she's fine. She's either with "Will" or doing her own thing.

Back to the fact this show moves at such a lightning quick pace, remember when Coulson HALO jumped onto a different planet and punched Ward in the heart? Remember Raina? Remember porcupine Raina? Remember Daisy's mom? Remember Jemma infiltrating Hydra? Remember Hyde just as a whole? Remember Ward's brother?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I honestly don't think there will be an Avengers this time haha

As I said before, I'm expecting Framework Cap to be in the ground deeper than Jemma, along with other Shield personnel. Hell, maybe Bucky will be Hydra's Star-Spangled Man

Yeah, in the Framework, who knows. Just saying, they're fractured after Civil War.

But seriously, AIDA/Darkhold are putting out rapid copies, and appear to be fully on board with uploading people into the Framework and being ok with them dying. Wonder how long they'd attempt to replace civilians or the elite of the world (presidents, etc).

Episode is up there with the Winter Soldier episodes in Season 1 and Simmons on the Alien Planet.

Good Grief, if they found a way to bring back Zola.

Maybe We find out Simmons wasn't really a Simmons. Really, Gravesite could mean alot of possibilities.

This is off air till April???

ZeoVGM

Banned
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is now the greatest comic book TV show of all time.

And if I'm being honest, I would even argue that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is the best piece of media in the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe.

That feels hyperbolic but what they've done with this show is nothing less than insane. Think back to how negative people were on the first season of this show. Arguments like "bland characters that no one cared about," "no reason to exist," and "only watching for the latest Marvel Easter eggs."

Now those same characters are some of the best in the MCU. Not only that but played by some of the best actors in it as well. Look at Iain as Fitz in the first season and jump to season 4. His performance tonight is one of the best I've seen in the universe as a whole.

Look at Brett Dalton as Ward. All of the hate that the character got in season 1 to season 4, where much of the fan base was begging to have him back.

This show is so damn good and there is no show on the "bubble" that deserves to be renewed more than it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

And if I'm being honest, I would even argue that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is the best piece of media in the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe.

That feels hyperbolic but what they've done with this show is nothing less than insane.

Think back to how negative people were on the first season of this show. Bland characters that no one cared about, no reason to exist, only watching for the latest Marvel Easter eggs.

Now those same characters are some of the best in the MCU. Not only that but played by some of the best actors in it as well. Look at Iain as Fitz in the first season and jump to season 4. His performance tonight is one of the best I've seen in the universe as a whole.

Look at Brett Dalton as Ward. All of the hate that the character got in season 1 to season 4, where much of the fan base was begging to have him back.

This show is so damn good and there is no show on the "bubble" that deserves to be renewed more than it.

Think only Pre-WS S1 Ward got the hate. The turn and the lack of full-on cliche'd redemption was pretty popular. It worked wonders on what I thought of as a bland hero character.

LionPride

Banned

That feels hyperbolic but what they've done with this show is nothing less than insane.

Think back to how negative people were on the first season of this show. Bland characters that no one cared about, no reason to exist, only watching for the latest Marvel Easter eggs.

Civil War yo, Civil War is the best CBM ever. But it's CW, SHIELD, literally everything else ain't shit compared to those two

Also we all thought Ward would get a redemption arc....NOPE. He was an asshole sociopath the entire way, I loved it

anaron

Soo..

They probably have a whole new backstory now, where Ward w/ victorious Hydra picks her up.

Bet he's in Oregon...

Chillin w/ fam

I dunno about Fitz (he probably invented some cool shit and got rich for it), but is Simmons about to wake up in the Framework 6 feet under?!

Maybe w/out Coulson at SHIELD, she becomes a loyalist and is swayed by Hydra to go against Captain America during the events of Winter Soldier? Would be an interesting way to kill MCU Cap and ruin the Avengers a different way.

This shit is cray. That episode had me more stressed than any other single episode of TV that wasn't Breaking Bad.

Oh shiiiiit

Buffy season 6 realness

Dai101

Banned

That feels hyperbolic but what they've done with this show is nothing less than insane. Think back to how negative people were on the first season of this show. Arguments like "bland characters that no one cared about," "no reason to exist," and "only watching for the latest Marvel Easter eggs."

No. Sorry but no as long as the Captain America trilogy exists no.

I don't really think it's hyperbolic at all. I like the MCU but honestly, the only thing that's really great is Winter Soldier.

LotusHD

Banned

I don't like comparing TV to movies, because it's just awkward to do for obvious reasons.. But AoS is pretty much the perfect example right now of why I'll always prefer television to movies. Movies only got that 2+ hours to hook you, whereas TV has so much more time to give you a quality experience. Obviously movies got an advantage of that bigger budget, but other than that, I know where my preferences lie.

If Legion doesn't drop in quality, then that will be the best comic/superhero show IMO.

I mean, I don't consider it to be better right, hell, I wouldn't really feel comfortable ranking it right now, gotta let that simmer.

jb1234

I've heard good things about this season. Thinking of getting back into the show. I stopped about five episodes before the end of last season because I was bored out of my mind. Just didn't care about anything that was going on.

ZeoVGM

Banned
No. Sorry but no as long as the Captain America trilogy exists no.

Trust me, I'll never argue it with anyone. I'm sure "best thing in the MCU" isn't a majority opinion. But this episode may have pushed AoS over the top for me. It's incredibly what they managed to do with this show.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Trust me, I'll never argue it with anyone. I'm sure "best thing in the MCU" isn't a majority opinion. But this episode may have pushed AoS over the top for me. It's incredibly what they managed to do with this show.

Sorry, but the best thing in the MCU is the Daredevil/Punisher story from the first four episodes of DD Season 2.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I don't like comparing TV to movies, because it's just awkward to do. But AoS is pretty much the perfect example right now of why I'll always prefer television to movies. Movies only got that 2+ hours to hook you, whereas TV has so much more time to give you a quality experience.

Agreed. Tonight's cliffhanger only works because of this show being on for four seasons.

I still love going back and watching the original Iron Man and thinking of Coulson's journey from that movie to now. And how much I want a 5-minute scene of Coulson just telling Tony what he's been doing over the past few years.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

This show isn't on any bubble, it's one of the lowest rated scripted shows on ABC.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Crazy this show is finally picking up...shame it's likely ending after this season.

Anyone know why the 6 week break?

There was no Agent Carter to bide time while the writers come up with more stuff.

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue. AoS is a show that could go either way. That makes it a bubble show.

Bubble shows get marginal ratings, they don't get some of the worst ratings on their networks. My "argument" is "SHIELD has among the lowest ratings for any scripted show on its network, and it will already have four seasons completed for syndication purposes, so it's probably going to be canceled." It's not a ridiculous assertion.

Mariolee

Joking aside it is insane how good this episode is. Thinking production value wise, they didn't do much but the story and acting were so fucking airtight that it didn't matter.

This is officially, barring Legion, my most favorite superhero TV show airing right now.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Bubble shows get marginal ratings, they don't get some of the worst ratings on their networks. My "argument" is "SHIELD has among the lowest ratings for any scripted show on its network, and it will already have four seasons completed for syndication purposes, so it's probably going to be canceled." It's not a ridiculous assertion.

I mean that's fine, but it's still considered a bubble show. I've read three separate articles over the past few weeks where it's specifically mentioned as a show "on the bubble." Sorry, I'm gonna go with the entertainment sites on this one. :p

There are also other factors to consider other than live ratings. No one is going to be shocked if it's canceled but it's not a definite. It's a bubble show.

Top Bottom