• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Bloomers

I've just been thinking about the range of characters that once appeared on the show who could potentially return for the back-end of the season... and its mind boggling.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I thought the show got a renewal notice or was I imagining things? :(

It didn't. The head of ABC said she feels good about the show (I think the time slot and possibly wanting to create a "Marvel block" with Inhumans could help) but live ratings are obviously poor.

Absolutely. I'm very bullish on S.H.I.E.L.D. and we're also really excited about our production with Marvel, ABC Studios, and IMAX, which we are working on for next fall as well.

Teletraan1

Banned
Great episode. This show has been on point this season. I was a bit bummed that the Ghost Rider plot had ended but the whole LMD arc was so good.

AMUSIX

This episode was one "Holy fuck!" after the next.

No Coulson in SHIELD = no Avengers = noone to stop HYDRA...fucking loved that...

The car Fitz got out of was one of those rolling tanks they use to protect Presidents...not sure who he is, though, but certainly looked like they were setting him up to be evil.

Without Fitz, then Simmons dies?

Also, Jed knocked it out of the fucking park with the direction. It wasn't just the script or the build up, he really handled it so well...right down to May's conversation with Coulson, which felt a lot like Vision talking with Ultron.

LotusHD

Banned
I mean if you take out Grant Gustin as the Flash what do you have left?

I see your point though.

Yea I mean, I'm just saying, I for one am only really continuing with the show because Viola Davis is an amazing actress. (Hell, that's why I started watching it.) Otherwise frankly, I've never really been a big fan of the show.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Yoooooo! YOOOOOOOO!!

• YOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
  • HAIL HYDRA
  • This season's really firing on all cylinders.
  • A.I.D.A.'s a freaking great villain.
  • And as everyone predicted Radcliffe got killed by her.
  • So, even the magic, light-based LMD brains can only make an approximation of emotions? Or why else would the Superior be allowed to keep his head?
  • The episode was tense as heck. Loved every bit of it.
  • So, S.H.I.E.L.D.'s dead again, right? That happens every season, geez.
  • Obviously, Maybot was always gonna help them. But it's nice to see that come to a head.
  • The acting for the people that were LMDs was really good this episode. Really sold their roboticisms without being obtuse about it.
  • So what happens if you get uploaded to the Framework inside a dead person?
  • The action was great this episode. Loved the shockwave attack that Daisy does, how she builds it up and explodes LMD!Mack.
  • IT'S FUCKING WARD FUCK THAT SHIT I WAS PROMISED AN END TO HIS IDIOT SELF
  • I don't particularly care for the way they always dress (or undress) Daisy. Bit skeevy.
  • Daisy/Simmons hug was really good. Elizabeth Henstridge really sold her character's desperation and fear. Stabbing a robot that has your SO's face while he's saying "It's me!" must be unnerving as hell.
  • The triskelion reveal was neat, if kinda obvious, but the HYDRA logo had me screaming.
  • So... Next "pod" is Agents of HYDRA? Amazing concept.
  • Request to rename the thread Agents of H.Y.D.R.A. S4 |OT| We're all in the Framework

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I went from ready to scream "NOOO FUUUUCK YOUUUUU LINCLON!" to squeeing like a schoolgirl in about .8 seconds.

This break is going to be torture.

alternatively:

Aida's Domnimatrix

antonz

.... but, uh, how is that different from the arc we just had or season 1's arc?

Well the biggest difference will be the fact its an Alternate Reality where Avengers never existed, Captain America is likely still buried under ice in the ocean etc.

I imagine the Arc will be needing to convince everyone the world they are in isn't real and that they need to escape then deal with Aida etc. Of course as fast as AoS has been to get into gear and surprise the arc could go in any direction

Calling it: The Simmons gravestone isn't Simmons, it's a fake out. I tried to catch the exact year, and the best I could get was 1957. It didn't look like an 87, was lacking the closings to me.

I'm thinking that Jemma was named after a deceased relative, because the flowers blocking the death date would give it away otherwise. Maybe Jemma was named after her dead mother, and her biggest regret is that she never got to meet her mother/feels like she robbed her mother of life.

Radcliffe gave her mother back and as such Simmons was never named Jemma.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Calling it: The Simmons gravestone isn't Simmons, it's a fake out. I tried to catch the exact year, and the best I could get was 1957. It didn't look like an 87, was lacking the closings to me.

I'm thinking that Jemma was named after a deceased relative, because the flowers blocking the death date would give it away otherwise. Maybe Jemma was named after her dead mother, and her biggest regret is that she never got to meet her mother/feels like she robbed her mother of life.

Radcliffe gave her mother back and as such Simmons was never named Jemma.

I'm pretty sure it was 87.

That was one of my favorite episodes of TV since If-Then-Else (Person of Interest), which happens to be one of my favorite episodes of TV of all time.

That means I think I just watched one of my favorite episodes of TV of all time.

antonz

This episode was one "Holy fuck!" after the next.

No Coulson in SHIELD = no Avengers = noone to stop HYDRA...fucking loved that...

The car Fitz got out of was one of those rolling tanks they use to protect Presidents...not sure who he is, though, but certainly looked like they were setting him up to be evil.

Without Fitz, then Simmons dies?

Also, Jed knocked it out of the fucking park with the direction. It wasn't just the script or the build up, he really handled it so well...right down to May's conversation with Coulson, which felt a lot like Vision talking with Ultron.

Noticed too the car fitz gets out of has Washington DC plates. So in Evil World he clearly moved up the ladder to someone very important. Maybe Madam President Aida and First Dude Fitz

vivftp

I'm going to guess the real Mace will die and his LMD will live on in his place so he really can have super powers.

AMUSIX

Noticed too the car fitz gets out of has Washington DC plates. So in Evil World he clearly moved up the ladder to someone very important. Maybe Madam President Aida and First Dude Fitz

Hmmm...she did seem to have an attachment to Fitz, could have certainly written herself into the Framework as President with Fitz arm candy.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
omg so many cliffhangers for one episode lol

The Jenna part got me the most, I think. Can't wait to see what happens in Pleasant Hill.

Nyanmaruz

Man after the next arc, and for those that are going to come out of the Framework alive, I think everyone will be suffering some sort of PTSD.

Finally getting around to
Gravitonium Man

Man after the next arc, and for those that are going to come out of the Framework alive, I think everyone will be suffering some sort of PTSD.

That's what I'm thinking.

The last show to do anything like that was, of all shows, Eureka.

Pretty much this.
Otherwise they would have just killed every agent who was sleeping from the sleeping gas.

Simmons told the red shirts to gather up the unconscious agents and meet them in the hanger. Not sure how much time or room they would have, but they're not all dead, anyway.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That was one of the best episodes of the series. This whole mini-arc thing they've got going is working very well for them, creatively.

Sucks we have to wait until April for the season to resume.

Guys, Simmons isn't dead
the Framework takes away a regret, so the program probably tried to put her back on the other planet...

lol oh my god this has to happen

Top Bottom