• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aion: Official US Legion Thread

Gamer @ Heart said:
Just got the game and installing right now. All the info on the OP is up to date right? I would hate to join a server and find out that most gaffers arent in it.

Not completely up to date, but Believe is still going strong with 58 members. Its a good legion to get off the ground with. It isn't to hardcore yet.

hitsugi

19 Assassin here so far~ despite feeling like I never have enough time for it.. I'm liking it quite a bit so far :D and I'm eager to catch up to the group in their 20s.. or 25+ even for some abyss team action.

LuCkymoON

Banned
I made it to 24 1/3 last night and my exp isn't slowing down at all. I've also found new faster way to solo with my glad with no downtime or very little downtime. Those movement bonuses make a big difference!
I crafted a Topaz necklace last night. It cost me about 60k to do..... it would've been cheaper to buy it from the AH at 50k =(
I need to get my gathering skills up!

-Reiza

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I've had this game since launch and only played it for about 4-5 hours total time. Just a question, how can you guys get by all the spamming and botting? That has pissed me off to the point I'm thinking of uninstalled the game.

Slacker

Arkaerial said:
Wow, I've had this game since launch and only played it for about 4-5 hours total time. Just a question, how can you guys get by all the spamming and botting? That has pissed me off to the point I'm thinking of uninstalled the game.
It seems to come and go in waves. Some days I'll log in and get deluged, while on others it's only a trickle (it's always there to some extent, sadly). Just block a few each time and move on, it seems to get better.

I had my first pvpwnage experience last night. An asmo sorc appeared in front of me in Eltnen so my chanter and a nearby cleric WTFPWNed him. I can't wait to get to level 25. :D

Checking again: If anyone is on Zikel look up Persson if you want to kick some arse on the Elyos side.

Slacker

Entropia said:
I got bored of the game by level 14, not good! :lol
I've had a few moments where I've thought, ok I just killed ten whatever, now my next quest is to kill twenty whatevers, what's the point? But when I got a chance to wtfpwn a hapless asmo that wandered into Eltnen yesterday, I remembered what I was waiting for. Bring on the PVP!

Lucis

lol... the moment you step into abyss
get ready for gank fest, and it'll be you getting ganked.
last night iw as bored after fortress and an instance run.
i went to lower abyss and flew around a whole circle, i think i killed about 30 elyos in 1 round, and there was one round where it was 7v1 (me being 1). but because of the level difference, they had no chance. 1 shot 3 guys at the start, aoe root everyone else, blink back, flame chain + harpoon another guy dead, curse the templar, ice chain stun the next one, + wind cut down and flame dot, watch him die slowly while moving onto the next, just flame bolt spam him dead, lastly turn onto the paladin and meleed him dead (as a sorc)
this will happen a lot to new players going into abyss meeting bored level 40+

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Slacker said:
But when I got a chance to wtfpwn a hapless asmo that wandered into Eltnen yesterday, I remembered what I was waiting for. Bring on the PVP!

The pvp in Aion is fun because it's just ruthless. There's no battlegrounds or scenarios or arenas, it's just 2 factions on the same area (Abyss), griefing the hell out of each other, coldblooded :lol

The pvp "instances" in a bunch of western MMO's are a turn-off for me, because it just doesn't feel real. It feels like just a football match with the neighbour school.

In this month I've played Aion, I've already developed hate against some of the Elyos. There are legions that I just need to kill on sight, and it makes me feel good. Ok, now I'm scaring myself.

(Reason I'm posting on the US Legion thread is because the EU one or the general Aion thread don't get replies :( )

LuCkymoON

Banned
Osaka said:
The pvp in Aion is fun because it's just ruthless. There's no battlegrounds or scenarios or arenas, it's just 2 factions on the same area (Abyss), griefing the hell out of each other, coldblooded :lol

The pvp "instances" in a bunch of western MMO's are a turn-off for me, because it just doesn't feel real. It feels like just a football match with the neighbour school.

In this month I've played Aion, I've already developed hate against some of the Elyos. There are legions that I just need to kill on sight, and it makes me feel good. Ok, now I'm scaring myself.

(Reason I'm posting on the US Legion thread is because the EU one or the general Aion thread don't get replies :( )
how's your glad doing in PVP?

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
LuCkymoON said:
how's your glad doing in PVP?

Pretty great, only people I have a really tough time with are Spiritmasters. I just turn around when I see one (if I don't have backup).

Clerics are the next hardest thing, but they can maybe be beaten, at least. :lol

With pots, Ankle Snare, Aerial Lockdown and Unwavering Devotion, and also the Cleave skill chain, I got a pretty wide range of tools to stay close to people. And when I do, it's time to say goodbye to the weaker classes. :D

LuCkymoON

Banned
Osaka said:
Pretty great, only people I have a really tough time with are Spiritmasters. I just turn around when I see one (if I don't have backup).

Clerics are the next hardest thing, but they can maybe be beaten, at least. :lol

With pots, Ankle Snare, Aerial Lockdown and Unwavering Devotion, and also the Cleave skill chain, I got a pretty wide range of tools to stay close to people. And when I do, it's time to say goodbye to the weaker classes. :D
what do you do when someone tries to fly away????
or if you get highjacked while you are flying?

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
So, after nearly a month since its release, whats the verdict on this MMO? I had my laptop on repair so i missed all the launch drama and so on. Will it go away like Warhammer or there's enough content and excitement for a long lived MMO?

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Buggy Loop said:
So, after nearly a month since its release, whats the verdict on this MMO? I had my laptop on repair so i missed all the launch drama and so on. Will it go away like Warhammer or there's enough content and excitement for a long lived MMO?

I think will go away..

Otheradam

Gromph said:
I think will go away..

Yeah... Gaf guild is a ghost town most of the time now.:lol

I just canceled a few days ago, with a few days left on my free month left. After Demon's Souls came out I just totally lost interest and it was getting grindy for me. There are too many console games in the next few months for me to devote to a MMO. Maybe in the spring when there is less to play I'll resub and see how I feel about it.

Buggy Loop said:

i don't think it will go away, because it's pretty big in korea, and judging from their track record with L2 and K-Aion so far i think they will keep new fresh (and free) content coming

it is a good RVR game though, even smaller scale gank battles will be more common as ppl max out im sure, i've personally had a blast at the sieges (despite the technical problems, crash etc) - but im a sucker for mass pvp

however, for a casual, non-guild / team player, i think the game will break most peoples spirits by 35 if not sooner - leveling is pretty fucked up tbh, getting 100k, 150k for (some) quests when you need 50m to level, 30k for mobs

i know they're adding another 50m to the quest rewards 38-50, but it's a very small drop in the bucket

Lucis

just canceled my sub...
i am almost 46
the fact that the shitty need for luck in this game is getting to me. especially after 3 consecutive runs of steel rake and not seen one drop from any bosses.
after 8 runs of ALQ i still dont' have my level 42 skill book drop, time to say fuck this shit.

Balya

One week left until billing, guess I'll try to give it some serious time again and at least get to the Abyss. :lol

Pretty sure I'm canceling and going back to FFXI, though. Maybe I'll finally try that EVE trial, too...

RSLAEV

Highest level character was 24, I just unsubscribed.

This game isn't offering anything that's worth spending months grinding towards.

Slacker

RSLAEV said:
Highest level character was 24, I just unsubscribed.

This game isn't offering anything that's worth spending months grinding towards.
You don't want to at least see the Abyss? You're walking out of the movie before the big action scene.

Top Bottom