• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aion: Official US Legion Thread

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Kintaro said:
A system that is entirely the fault of NC Soft. You can't place blame on the players for the company's problems. The players were doing what they can to stay in and play the game when they want, which is the way it should be (no, the answer "MMO launch" doesn't cut it anymore and won't cut it in the future).

To compound the problem, the Brokers are...broke and they only allow 10 slots anyway (WTF is this? FFXI?). So, now brokers are borked, and private shops are kind of borked (it's not a 30 timer on shops, its a 30 minute AFK timer...you can still be in shop and move the camera and it will keep you game. Kind of defeats the purpose.

So, how exactly are people supposed to sell their wares going into this weekend?

By having people walking around, doing things, and not AFK in a bazaar?

Ferrio

Banned
Jube3 said:
Yea but they were already kinda worthless ferrio, 300 shops in one place and maybe 10 selling stuff of use :( With the auction house theres no real need for stores like there was in l2.

Well useless in that case. But you can be smart. Setup shops in certain areas that have high demand for items. Get crafting materials with a very very small markup fee and put them outside the crafting area.

Find a really nice item? Setup shop at a hub that equals that item's level range, put the name of the item in your shop description.

Anyways lvl 19. Got my run chant... now I zoom around.

Jbird34

hitsugi said:
This is it, really. Plain and simple. Queues shouldn't even be happening at this point, and if they are.. they should be 30 minutes (at the absolute most) or less at PEAK hours, mind you. People who log on in the middle of a weekday right now are getting 30 minute queues.. how is that even possible? It's just been very sloppy on NC Soft's part and it doesn't seem like they're making a real effort to get it fixed. Nerfing afk shops is one thing, but those shops wouldn't exist in the first place if their servers could handle the player base.

I logged in at lunch with no problem, no que

Ferrio

Banned
B.K. said:
Can you solo in the game or do you have to party?

You can solo but eventually some campaigns require you to party (Elite mobs).

Eventually you will also be at the mercy of gankers.. so being with other people to watch your back might be needed.

nataku

So there was this quest I missed when I first got into Pandaemonium at level 10 (Follow the Ribbon), and I can't seem to find out how to start it. I'm 16 right now, so I don't need to do it, but it's bugging me because I've started it easily three times in the betas, but here I am in retail and I can't find it.

I know the NPC's the quest goes through, but I can't actually find the trigger when makes Agamo give me the quest. Is it an item? Another quest in Ishalgen? It's bugging the crap out of me, especially when I know it was just there in the beta. :lol

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I found the game on a CD key site for $30 so I decided to buy it.

This downloader is quick! I'm getting 5.5mb/s so I should be able to log on within the hour.

I'll try and track some of you down when I get in the game. I might even try making a sorcerer since that seems to be the needed class. I kind of wanted to play a melee class, though.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone online right now? I'm in game under the character name Zefah. I made an Asmodian Mage on Triniel.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Well I finished all of the quests in the first area, ascended and became a Sorcerer and got halfway into lvl 10! The game is quite good indeed and I'm having a blast. Is there anyway to do a search on an entire guild to see who is online?

Lonestar

Zefah said:
Well I finished all of the quests in the first area, ascended and became a Sorcerer and got halfway into lvl 10! The game is quite good indeed and I'm having a blast. Is there anyway to do a search on an entire guild to see who is online?

You might have already asked and found out, but "g" on the keyboard, brings up the guild screen, where you can see who is online, as well as everyone in the guild.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Lonestar said:
You might have already asked and found out, but "g" on the keyboard, brings up the guild screen, where you can see who is online, as well as everyone in the guild.

Thanks, but I was trying to find out how to search the members of another guild. I wasn't in the guild when I made that post so I was trying to do a search on the guild and see who was online to hit them up for an invite. Something like: /who all "Believe"

I got an invite last night so it's no problem, though!

Ferrio

Banned
So my chanter is kicking all sorts of ass, and I'm making a killing in handicrafting. I've made like 500k so far and I'm only lvl 20.

Here's some shots.

aion.jpg

aion2.jpg

And my best piece of armor that I ran across of by accident. Me and a friend was doing a quest to kill peku's (big birds). We were just mindlessly killing, and at one point we noticed the bird we just killed was named. I go to loot it... and a BOP chain vest ..... scooore

aion3.jpg

I took a chance and got the game since I gave up wow awhile ago. A friend and me decided to play some. Rolled an Assassin. Seems interesting so far. I kind of want to try a Gladiator or Sorc though. Anyone have a higher level assassin and still enjoying him?

hitsugi

just got worked by queue D: an hour.. looks like I'll be joining you guys late tonight orr, plenty during the week once I start doing my job remotely!

my assassin is only level 14 and I'm not gonna lie - it feels like I don't do enough damage / crit enough.. but it's probably because my gear is awful. I must craft to become wealthy and then buy my way to assassin fun!

daebo

3961178108_f533dc4a8e.jpg

I midget, stare off into the distance, wondering "when lord, when will i be able to show midget power in the Abyss!"

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm having a ton of fun on my Sorcerer. I just got lvl 14 and I don't know what it is about this game, but it is just very enjoyable. It seems like it has a nice balance of grinding and questing. Grinding feels like it is actually a worthwhile leveling technique whereas questing provides good enough exp and rewards to make it worthwhile as well.

I also almost never do crafting in MMOs, but for some reason I have been enjoying it in this game. I think it is the polished interface and the fact that you get exp for each time you successfully gather a resource or create an item (albeit it a small amount of exp). So far I am at 70 skill in gathering and around 20 skill in alchemy (I need to work on it).

I haven't had many chances to group yet, but the Sorcerer seems like a pretty good soloing class.

Jbird34

StormyTheRabbit said:
Finally got my account working.

Priest/Chanter - Isolate

Who should I contact to get into to the GAF Legion?

I looked for you yesterday, if you look on the legion list any Centurion can invite you. We are getting low on numbers again I think we only have 5 spots available at the moment. We are currently planning on upgrading the legion to level 3 but we need to raise 1.2million Kinah before we can do that.

daebo

Jbird34 said:
I looked for you yesterday, if you look on the legion list any Centurion can invite you. We are getting low on numbers again I think we only have 5 spots available at the moment. We are currently planning on upgrading the legion to level 3 but we need to raise 1.2million Kinah before we can do that.

I was wondering, do we have any alts in the guild? What are the thoughts of making an off legion for alts and just keep our mains in the main guild since it does cost a bit to keep upgrading...

Lucis

1.2m over 60 people is only 20k each... that's nothing
1 soul heal for me now is almost 30k.
hows the gaf legion doing?

Jbird34

Kirashi said:
1.2m over 60 people is only 20k each... that's nothing
1 soul heal for me now is almost 30k.
hows the gaf legion doing?

It's coming along, so far we only have 3 people that are 25+, the two that made it to 25 decided to level some alts to let the others catch up. Alot of the guild is in thier mid to late teens at the moment and preparing to descend onto Morhiem. As for the 20k each well good luck getting it out of them :lol

Daebo as of right now alt are not being added as far as I know. You best best would be the talk to Rayn next time you see him on. When we 1st upgraded to lvl2 there were some people that got alts into the Legion but since we are so close to the cap again the policy has changed.

daebo

Jbird34 said:
It's coming along, so far we only have 3 people that are 25+, the two that made it to 25 decided to level some alts to let the others catch up. Alot of the guild is in thier mid to late teens at the moment and preparing to descend onto Morhiem. As for the 20k each well good luck getting it out of them :lol

Daebo as of right now alt are not being added as far as I know. You best best would be the talk to Rayn next time you see him on. When we 1st upgraded to lvl2 there were some people that got alts into the Legion but since we are so close to the cap again the policy has changed.

That's cool... and 20k is nothing. I'll send that in if I'm able to log in tonight and my crap has sold on the ah.

Lonestar

Well, I had over 20k, but then I finally bought some better armor, and the level 2 inventory :p But that'll help collecting more things to sell.

Jbird34

Slacker said:
Anyone left on Zikel on the Elyos side? I didn't know about the whole goonsquad thing when I rolled there. >___<

That's what we switched to Triniel at the last minute :lol

Oh and Lone don't worry about it we aren't really in a huge rush to upgrade the Legion at the moment. When the times come we will start asking for gil Kinah.

Ferrio

Banned
You guys, learn handicrafting. Make Ruby Quartz Silver Earrings, they sell like hotcakes for 60k on my server... 140k if they crit.

Slacker

Jbird34 said:
That's what we switched to Triniel at the last minute :lol

Oh and Lone don't worry about it we aren't really in a huge rush to upgrade the Legion at the moment. When the times come we will start asking for gil Kinah.
How big is the GAF alliance there?

Otheradam

Ferrio said:
You guys, learn handicrafting. Make Ruby Quartz Silver Earrings, they sell like hotcakes for 60k on my server... 140k if they crit.

That's what I plan to do. My handicraft is at 70 right now. How often to do crit on Silver Rings? Seems like a huge time sink to get the mats to make ruby quartz silver earrings. But I guess it will be worth it in the end.

Ferrio

Banned
Otheradam said:
That's what I plan to do. My handicraft is at 70 right now. How often to do crit on Silver Rings? Seems like a huge time sink to get the mats to make ruby quartz silver earrings. But I guess it will be worth it in the end.

Crit maybe... 1 in 3 tries maybe. Thing is you don't even really have to farm much. Collect as you level. Check the AH for reasonable priced aether powder/accessory mats. If those rings are selling good on your server you should be making plenty of profit.

What makes those rings hard to make is you have to crit the first ring to use it as a material for the next one. But it's awesome when they both crit and you get the rare item.

Here's my Chanter.

http://na.aiononline.com/livestatus/character-legion/search?charID=16494&serverID=11

Jbird34

Slacker said:
How big is the GAF alliance there?

We have about 55 people, give or take a few, in the legion at the moment with around 20 online at any given time. I do expect this number to fall some after the free 37 days is up.

J-Rzez

So, I needed a break from WoW, and picked this up. I must say I'm enjoying the break. Game's fun, it echo's some old school mmo grinding at times lol. Love the visuals, combat's interesting so far. Engine runs nicely. Playing an Assassin, so I die, a lot. Though I just dinged 15, maybe it gets better.

daebo

So, it's pretty bad when you're trying to log in at 11:30 at night and there is still a queue. I hope the new servers fixes some of the problem.

Lucis

level 32: 8.x million
level 33: 9.6 million
level 34: 12.7 million
level 35: 16.x million
level 36: i don't really wanna know now do i?

LuCkymoON

Banned
Ferrio said:
Crit maybe... 1 in 3 tries maybe. Thing is you don't even really have to farm much. Collect as you level. Check the AH for reasonable priced aether powder/accessory mats. If those rings are selling good on your server you should be making plenty of profit.

What makes those rings hard to make is you have to crit the first ring to use it as a material for the next one. But it's awesome when they both crit and you get the rare item.

Here's my Chanter.

http://na.aiononline.com/livestatus/character-legion/search?charID=16494&serverID=11
Our server is very different from yours. Everyone seems do handicraft at the lower levels and the market is flooded. Rose Quartz Earrings go for 20k in the AH and Noble for 50-60k, this price drops by 5k a day as the server moves up in level faster than I can raise my HC skill. Lesser Accessory Flux is also very expensive and hard to get as everyone is moving out of its farm-able level range.
-Reiza

Lucis

Kirashi said:
level 32: 8.x million
level 33: 9.6 million
level 34: 12.7 million
level 35: 16.x million
level 36: i don't really wanna know now do i?

level 36: 20m
level 37: 26.xm
level 38: 32m
level 39: well i guess i REALLY DON"T WANT TO KNOW this time

LuCkymoON

Banned
Kirashi said:
level 36: 20m
level 37: 26.xm
level 38: 32m
level 39: well i guess i REALLY DON"T WANT TO KNOW this time
Is that the XP you need for that level?
It's still not as bad as Lineage II at level 73.

Hey JBird! Why aren't using Rose Quartz Earrings!

LuCkymoON

Banned
Jbird34 said:
Was waiting to find someone to make them for me, didn't want to pay AH. I got me some now!
I could've made them :p

None of my necklaces or glasses are selling. Blaming it on the hat/necklace preorder items :(
correct! The preorder hat has to many good stats for mage classes.

Just got the game and installing right now. All the info on the OP is up to date right? I would hate to join a server and find out that most gaffers arent in it.

Top Bottom