• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aion: Official US Legion Thread

Otheradam

LuCkymoON said:
I preordered from Amazon on the 14th of July. This is the what the confirmation email said:

Oh. I know what happen. I got these preorder items confused with the Dragon Age ones. :lol

SleazyC

2hr 30m queue. Probably won't play any again tonight. I should have just waited a month before picking up the game at this rate.

daebo

SleazyC said:
2hr 30m queue. Probably won't play any again tonight. I should have just waited a month before picking up the game at this rate.

Yeah, I'm kind of dumb and didn't think about this before... but I have a way around the queue times... It's called calling my wife and having her log in for me and putting me in line while i'm at work :lol

I should be good by the time I get home.

Belfast

StormyTheRabbit said:
They are all like this..

Last I checked, Triniel or whatever (The one GAF uses) was considered a Low Population server...

I've never had a problem on Kasiniel. No lag, no queues. I'm Level 18 there, so no chance of moving.

Balya

Put me down for Tailoring craft.
After making Noble Thin Leather Shoes on my first try tonight, I'll take it as a sign. :D

Flib

Sorry I haven't been on, with the queue times by the time I'm through I need to go to bed. I really hope they figure this out soon, or I'll never be able to level except on weekends.

Flib said:
Sorry I haven't been on, with the queue times by the time I'm through I need to go to bed. I really hope they figure this out soon, or I'll never be able to level except on weekends.

Same problem here. Get home around 5-6, sit in the queue for a few hours while playing WoW, and go to bed.

So much fun.

Jbird34

Kirashi said:
How are you guys doing on Trinel?
I am almost 30 >< been hardcoring it anytime I have.

I am halfway to 22 but I am keeping my Aether and Vitality extraction maxed, I believe Rayn and Saya are 22 or 23 (Highest levels in the Legion) but of course that was last night so they would possible be higher. There has been alot of competition for quest mob/item spawns so its a bit slower going atm.

daebo

Just a general question, since I'm here at work and not in game...

is there a list or a site detailing what exactly I should be doing? Step by step? I've soloed up to 16 now and I've just been doing the quests I can do... but I have seen people doing groups and what not... Is there instances (like in wow) where you need groups? What should i be aiming to do?

So far, like I said, i've just been working on my gathering skills, working on alchemy and leveling up doing the quests I can do.

I guess, what I'm asking for is, what am I working to? Is it to just get to the abyss so I should lvl up as fast as possible... or are there raids that we could be doing? and is there a online guide explaining what I should do (if i can access it here at work :lol )

So I pre-purchased the Aion Collector's Edition from the NCSoft Store a month or so back. My account on the website said pre-order and does so even now. But today when attempting to login to Aion, it said that there was no means of paying for hte subscription on my account.

So, I login to add a credit card and I can't find where to add it. After googling you apparently have to "Activate" the account with some code to be able to add playtime...well I never recieved one of those. I assumed I'd be emailed it or doing that would be nulled if purchased from the NCSoft store.

..so what do I do now? I paid for the full game...but am unable to use it.

Jbird34

StormyTheRabbit said:
So I pre-purchased the Aion Collector's Edition from the NCSoft Store a month or so back. My account on the website said pre-order and does so even now. But today when attempting to login to Aion, it said that there was no means of paying for hte subscription on my account.

So, I login to add a credit card and I can't find where to add it. After googling you apparently have to "Activate" the account with some code to be able to add playtime...well I never recieved one of those. I assumed I'd be emailed it or doing that would be nulled if purchased from the NCSoft store.

..so what do I do now? I paid for the full game...but am unable to use it.

Just like everyone other MMO you have to input a payment method. You will still get the first 37 days for free, your prepurchase code it actually your full retail key. On the right of the screen under your Aion account on the play NC website there should be an option to "Subscribe to Game" that is where you add your card info.

Jbird34 said:
Just like everyone other MMO you have to input a payment method. You will still get the first 37 days for free, your prepurchase code it actually your full retail key. On the right of the screen under your Aion account on the play NC website there should be an option to "Subscribe to Game" that is where you add your card info.

Can't find it:

sdfds183.png

Jbird34

If you prepurchased the game it should already have the code applied, just do what our short ugly cleric friend says and get the email NCsoft sent you when you bought the game and put that code in and you should be good to go*

*Go means wait in a 2-3hr que to get onto Triniel :lol

Jbird34 said:
If you prepurchased the game it should already have the code applied, just do what our short ugly cleric friend says and get the email NCsoft sent you when you bought the game and put that code in and you should be good to go*

Haha...yeah...problem with that is I don't have that email anymore...: |.

I contacted NCSoft through their support site and I'm waiting for their email to see what I should do, although I'm not sure how far that will get me.

daebo

Jbird34 said:

:lol Wait till you see the mage I made lmao...

Lucis

Jbird34 said:
I am halfway to 22 but I am keeping my Aether and Vitality extraction maxed, I believe Rayn and Saya are 22 or 23 (Highest levels in the Legion) but of course that was last night so they would possible be higher. There has been alot of competition for quest mob/item spawns so its a bit slower going atm.

i'm going for 31 tonight... new skills. time to find a guild for myself sigh

Jbird34

StormyTheRabbit said:
Haha...yeah...problem with that is I don't have that email anymore...: |.

I contacted NCSoft through their support site and I'm waiting for their email to see what I should do, although I'm not sure how far that will get me.

They should have no problem resending the email but like you said who knows how long it will take to get support to answer you

Jbird34 said:
They should have no problem resending the email but like you said who knows how long it will take to get support to answer you

Hopefully. My friend actually bought to preorder on all of his information back in July then just gave it to me a few weeks later after selling his PC. I changed all the info to mine so hopefully that won't effect anything, which it shouldn't.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I'm getting pretty annoyed with this whole queuing thing. I need to boot into Windows to play this game, and then I have to stay here idling for 3 hours.

...haven't been playing cause I just can't schedule my time out like this right now.

REALLY ANNOYING!

daebo said:
click on activate account and put your key in there.

If you read, I stated that I deleted the email I received months ago with it, not knowing I'd have to do this. I'm talking to NCSoft now in hopes that they can send it to me.

daebo

StormyTheRabbit said:
If you read, I stated that I deleted the email I received months ago with it, not knowing I'd have to do this. I'm talking to NCSoft now in hopes that they can send it to me.

My bad, I must've just skipped over that part. I just know in my email it tells me not to delete it because you may need it in the future when dealing with customer service. Not sure why would delete the key?

daebo said:
My bad, I must've just skipped over that part. I just know in my email it tells me not to delete it because you may need it in the future when dealing with customer service. Not sure why would delete the key?

Just cleaned out my inbox one day and musta missed it. I figured that there would be no need to re-enter a key that my account showed as already being tied to it upon release, seemed redundant.

Hopefully NCSoft will be able to send me the key and I can start playing again.

hitsugi

sigh.. wow. 2 hour wait right when I get home. there's a reason I'm only level 11. I'm pretty sure Tirinial ended up being the worst for queue times, too.. oh well D: maybe I can start playing next week

Jbird34

hitsugi said:
sigh.. wow. 2 hour wait right when I get home. there's a reason I'm only level 11. I'm pretty sure Tirinial ended up being the worst for queue times, too.. oh well D: maybe I can start playing next week

This will help it some

Server Maintenance
Hey guys, looks like a fix is coming out for the shop issue!

From www.AionOnline.com

We are bringing the servers down at 6:00AM PST (more), September 25th, for maintenance. The purpose of this downtime is to tweak the way Private Stores work. A timer of 30 minutes will be implemented to prevent these shops from being abused as a means to prevent disconnection and alleviate queues.

The maintenance is expected to run no longer than 1 hour.

Thank you for your patience!

by Knite

koji

Jbird34 said:
We are bringing the servers down at 6:00AM PST (more), September 25th, for maintenance. The purpose of this downtime is to tweak the way Private Stores work. A timer of 30 minutes will be implemented to prevent these shops from being abused as a means to prevent disconnection and alleviate queues.

that's some pretty good news!

hitsugi

Jbird34 said:
This will help it some

Server Maintenance

Thanks.. was reading about that earlier, actually. I think the change in my work schedule should also aid me in being able to play more. I'm dying to get into the 20s already! Especially 25, but I guess that's what everyone's shooting for :D

Jube3

nataku said:
People will just find some other way to AFK now.

Like auto running into a wall or corner.

AFK Crafting is what they're doing now it seems (from reading the source boards). But as long as I dont have to deal with the clutter of afk stores every where thats fine. Keep the afkers in the craft shops lol.

As nice as that is... kinda makes the shops worthless now.

Yea but they were already kinda worthless ferrio, 300 shops in one place and maybe 10 selling stuff of use :( With the auction house theres no real need for stores like there was in l2.

rocK`

Banned
Jbird34 said:
This will help it some

Server Maintenance

From www.AionOnline.com

The maintenance is expected to run no longer than 1 hour.

Thank you for your patience!

by Knite

Hmm,

I don't understand why you guys are happy for this. They aren't fixing a thing. If anything, they are breaking the Shop's functionality.

How about fixing the issue that theres 2k people trying to login at a time? Add more servers?

Again, people that settle for this as a 'fix' (breaking the shop, who can keep a private store up for 30 mins and expect to sell anything??) is exactly why they will get your months $$ without issue

koji

Ferrio said:
As nice as that is... kinda makes the shops worthless now.

It does, but I hope/guess this is some kind of temporary measure. I don't think they'ld keep this after the Qs and server load balances out a bit more.

For now this is "a fix" a dirty one but it'll probably help...

Jbird34

rocK` said:
Hmm,

I don't understand why you guys are happy for this. They aren't fixing a thing. If anything, they are breaking the Shop's functionality.

How about fixing the issue that theres 2k people trying to login at a time? Add more servers?

Again, people that settle for this as a 'fix' (breaking the shop, who can keep a private store up for 30 mins and expect to sell anything??) is exactly why they will get your months $$ without issue

Because people are using the "shop" to circumvent the que. If this wasn't happening then they wouldn't have to take this type of measure. When you have so many afk shops that blatently say stuff like gone drinking, making you que longer lol, keep moving you can't afford this and the fact that you can't see quest givers because they setup in the way then they had to take some kind of measure. I agree that I hope it's a temp fix but if it isn't that is what the AH is for. Having 1 tecoma log up for sale for 1mil kinah is someone who is obviously taking advantage of the system.

Wow, this game has great shutdown timers. Timer starts at 1 minute, and then once it hits zero there's about a 3 minute gap between it actually shutting down. Good job, NCSoft.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Jbird34 said:
Because people are using the "shop" to circumvent the que. If this wasn't happening then they wouldn't have to take this type of measure. When you have so many afk shops that blatently say stuff like gone drinking, making you que longer lol, keep moving you can't afford this and the fact that you can't see quest givers because they setup in the way then they had to take some kind of measure. I agree that I hope it's a temp fix but if it isn't that is what the AH is for. Having 1 tecoma log up for sale for 1mil kinah is someone who is obviously taking advantage of the system.

A system that is entirely the fault of NC Soft. You can't place blame on the players for the company's problems. The players were doing what they can to stay in and play the game when they want, which is the way it should be (no, the answer "MMO launch" doesn't cut it anymore and won't cut it in the future).

To compound the problem, the Brokers are...broke and they only allow 10 slots anyway (WTF is this? FFXI?). So, now brokers are borked, and private shops are kind of borked (it's not a 30 timer on shops, its a 30 minute AFK timer...you can still be in shop and move the camera and it will keep you game. Kind of defeats the purpose.

So, how exactly are people supposed to sell their wares going into this weekend?

They should have just created certain "zones" where you can place your shops. Sort of like EC Commons in Everquest, except officially sanctioned.

hitsugi

Kintaro said:
A system that is entirely the fault of NC Soft. You can't place blame on the players for the company's problems. The players were doing what they can to stay in and play the game when they want, which is the way it should be (no, the answer "MMO launch" doesn't cut it anymore and won't cut it in the future).

This is it, really. Plain and simple. Queues shouldn't even be happening at this point, and if they are.. they should be 30 minutes (at the absolute most) or less at PEAK hours, mind you. People who log on in the middle of a weekday right now are getting 30 minute queues.. how is that even possible? It's just been very sloppy on NC Soft's part and it doesn't seem like they're making a real effort to get it fixed. Nerfing afk shops is one thing, but those shops wouldn't exist in the first place if their servers could handle the player base.

Top Bottom