• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Airline passenger bravely calls out another passenger in a blog post weeks later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/wom...-aboard-airasia-flight-open/story?id=31000535

Dear passenger 15A,

You do not know me but I was seated in front of you during the flight from Singapore to Sydney on April 12th. What I had initially thought to be a routine flight turned out to be a once in a lifetime experience – and it was all because of you.

I am writing this letter to thank you personally.

Being the cheapskate Asian that I am, I did not pay extra for a seat next to the emergency exit.

Though it offered more legroom, I couldn’t be bothered to read the special safety procedures. The last thing I would want is to compromise the lives of all the innocent passengers because I do not know how to open the airplane door.

Despite my common economy seat, you offered me a full back massage by repeatedly kicking the back of chair. To date, I have yet to regain full mobility of the lower half of my body. But since I am single, I suppose I don’t have much use for it anyway.

I did not pay for the in-flight entertainment package and I was worried that I might get bored. But my concerns were unnecessary. You were talking so loudly, as if your friend was seated in the cargo hold rather than right next to you.

Perhaps she’s hard of hearing? This might strike you as odd but for the first time in my life, I wished I had a hearing impairment too.

Also, could you tell me where you bought those obnoxious snacks? I assume that they must have been delicious cause you rip one open every 30 minutes. Thanks for the loud rustling and chewing ambient sounds!

At this point, I thought, “It can’t get any better than this.” But what I had meant as a rhetorical question, you took as a challenge.

For immediately, my nose was assaulted by a putrid smell of death and decay. The stench was so strong that I turned to check if the old lady seated next to me was still breathing.

It was so nice of you to take off your shoes and put your feet between my seat and the plane window. It must have taken considerable effort – it was a small space but you stuck it as close to my face as you possibly could.

Your kindness moves me.

The sun is rising above the horizon; the sky is bleeding crimson and gold. But I cannot turn to gaze at this everyday miracle because every time I do, I smell the anus of Satan.

I had half the mind to pull down the oxygen mask above me. But then I remembered that I was flying on a budget airline, so I’d probably have to pay extra for that.

Did you know that you have made me a more religious person? I have said more prayers in that eight-hour flight than I have in my entire life.

I was torn between asking God for strength to endure the rest of the journey and, “SWEET GUAN YIN MA, TAKE ME HOME!”

This experience has been so memorable that I am writing this from my therapist’s office. I have also signed up for ten more sessions to talk about it.

Thank you once again.

Insincerely yours,

Passenger 14A

ht_mun_yee_tl_150513_4x3_992.jpg

Not

Banned
Oh man this thread title was somehow the most intriguing thing I've ever read without understanding what the hell it meant

EDIT: Well NOT ANYMORE

It would have been a lot better if they actually confronted whoever they were mad at. Now it's just another passive aggressive person on the internet trying to look cool by spending more time writing something up to try and look witty then dealing with problems as they come along.

Fracas

#fuckonami
That is the most passive aggressive shit I have ever read.

I don't even feel bad for this person. Speak up, good lord.

I don't understand why this was on the news. It was written 3 weeks later and it's not even funny ( article says comedic writer wrote it for comedic value)

luffxan

Saw the thread title and came in expecting her to have been spitting some sick freestyle rap beatz. I was sorely disappointed.

came into the thread thinking a passenger dropped hot bars from their fire mixtape, but disappointed to read it was about in flight seating .

Writing this is sure to teach that other person!

Instead of communicating with the other passenger, the author decides to throw together this dreck?

D6AMIA6N

For the time and effort it took to write that, she could of just grew some balls and said something at the time of the occurence. Coward.

Drencrom

Why didn't she just tell the person to be quiet and get his/her feet away from her seat?

Pretty sure she could've told a flight attendant if she didn't want to confront him/her personally.

I bet she thinks we are all other side with that winge, in fact it makes her look pathetic. Just call the flight attendant if you have these problems.

Not

Banned
The writer must be a millennial

What's that supposed to mean?

And before you answer, take note: I am fully prepared to sit here for 5+ hours and debate with you over the perceived merits and/or shortcomings of my generation.

You were probably just mimicking a common sentiment among the uninformed and ignorant for comedic effect, right? Help me to navigate Poe's Law in this situation.

Einbroch

Banned
Just turn around and ask them to politely move their feet and to stop kicking your seat. And why wouldn't you bring music/headphones on an eight hour flight?

And before you answer, take note: I am fully prepared to sit here for 5+ hours and debate with you over the perceived merits and/or shortcomings of my generation.

You were probably just mimicking a common sentiment among the uninformed and ignorant for comedic effect, right? Help me to navigate Poe's Law in this situation.
This is a such a millennial reply

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
With the words "drops hot bars" and "anus" in the title, I was expecting a story about a person so enraged by the inconsiderate passengers on the plane with them that they walked into the aisle and took a shit.

Derwind

Dear OP,

I thought this was going to be about experiencing explosive diahrrea at 30,000 feet.

Thank you, without you I would never have experienced this new level of disappointment.

A thousand times thank you.

Unaffectionately yours,

Derwind

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Your generation is the only terrible generation in history and if you weren't such a millennial you would admit it. My generation opened jars of poverty with its toothless mouth.

bahaha nice

Jenov

I thought this was about someone farting on her plane, lol. That happened to me on a flight recently, holy god someone was having some intestinal problems that last hour.

As a passive aggressive millenial myself, how on earth do you confront such an insensitive human being that is as stinky/loud/inconsiderate as this person?

It would fall on their deaf ears.

Report them to a crew member?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
As a passive aggressive millenial myself, how on earth do you confront an insensitive human being that would be as considerate as that stinky/loud/inconsiderate person?

FBI and TSA

Linkhero1

As a passive aggressive millenial myself, how on earth do you confront such an insensitive human being that is as stinky/loud/inconsiderate as this person?

"Excuse me sir...you smell like dead feet. Do you mind shutting your mouth for the remainder of the flight?"

You ask them to stop.

Most people are reasonable.

People like the one quoted in the OP, however, tend to let small shit get them angry, then they let that anger fester. By the time this person wrote their rant, the actions/smellz were likely embellished well beyond the reality. And this person did absolutely nothing about it, as if suffering in silence were a virtue.

Thorakai

you try it at least once before assuming it would fall on deaf ears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom