• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys teaser site - news and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember those Uchikoshi tweets about dragonflies and emerging? It seems that he posted those on Facebook as well. One interesting thing is that it seeös he also wrote the sentences in Japanese, but maybe those mean a different thing. Can someone proficient in Japanese check that those mean the same thing as the English sentences?

Edit: It seems they pretty much do though a friend I asked said it was more like "grow wings" rather than "emerge", though I guess the meaning is pretty much the same.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I just finished VLR...

13265897527.jpg

takoyaki

The Punchline famitsu feature has a box that talks about Ever 17, 999 and VLR.

Sadly I can't read it, probably not too relevant anyway.

The box is just a look back at what Famitsu calls the works most representative of Uchikoshi's previous work. The only thing worth noting is that Famitsu mentions that Uchikoshi has gotten high praise by critics for his work overseas and that there's even an active fan-website.

Only skimmed the interview and article, but I don't think there's anything important in there either.

takoyaki

One more update to the Hype-Waiting-Room before I put it in the OP on Monday. The image is pretty much done now, If anyone still wants into the picture who isn't there yet, mention it in the thread or write me a PM.

blacksark

OMG I didn't know this thread was alive, good memories haha. I want to take all numbers from the list.

And thanks takoyaki for all the work you've done in making the thread.

takoyaki

OMG I didn't know this thread was alive, good memories haha. I want to take all numbers from the list.

And thanks takoyaki for all the work you've done in making the thread.

Thanks, most of it was fun and ZE fans are a great group of people, so it's been a pleasure doing the thread. Really wish we could have solved the teaser, but maybe there's still a chance next week.

Welcome on board!

blacksark

Thanks, most of it was fun and ZE fans are a great group of people, so it's been a pleasure doing the thread. Really wish we could have solved the teaser, but maybe there's still a chance next week.

Welcome on board!

I thought we were never going to be able to talk(until any announcement) about the teaser since the other thread was closed.
Well today is the ending of punchline... anything to tell us Kotaro?

One more update to the Hype-Waiting-Room before I put it in the OP on Monday. The image is pretty much done now, If anyone still wants into the picture who isn't there yet, mention it in the thread or write me a PM.

I was ready since the hype slow moving stair chair. Pop me in if you can.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?

Put me in please?

Also, I can't believe it's almost time. It's been a long wait, damn.

blacksark

I said many times in the past that this wasn't going to be such a long tease cause I believed it didn't make sense, that was up until someone realised that the ending of the teaser will be the same day aksys was going to have a conference.

I said many times in the past that this wasn't going to be such a long tease cause I believed it didn't make sense, that was up until someone realised that the ending of the teaser will be the same day aksys was going to have a conference.

I honestly believed the counter was ticking down by radical 6 time and was going to end in October or something.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I'm just disappointed there wasn't more to do

I had fun trying to work out those anagrams that weren't anagrams. More puzzles or whatever would have been fun with this long a wait. The slow trickle of words and numbers wasn't enough I think. (It was also way too damn long)

But.... here we still all are so they have us hooked I guess

blacksark

I honestly believed the counter was ticking down by radical 6 time and was going to end in October or something.

That would have been much more time hahaha.
I have played games all my life and never remember a teaser longer than this one,I believe that it comes from there the idea of 4infinity( I believed that this was never going to end, just 8 days huh)

50 m

guess that's 50 meters

Maybe it is minutes (I do know the common approximation is 50min) but who knows.

What would be 50 m anyway? Also worth nothing that the space between 50 and m might be significant. Also this is the first time we had letters/numbers at the same week.

I wonder if Aksys will ever explain how the teaser could be solved, if it can.

Edit:

That's the first time they added 2 words/numbers in one week

True... maybe something will happen in 50 minutes?

I presume we will get several words next week as well.

takoyaki

here's the tweet:

screenshot2015-06-25a1nj1h.png

True... maybe something will happen in 50 minutes?

I presume we will get several words next week as well.

They did say that we'd get the AX info today, maybe it will be in 50 m(inutes)?

edit: LA Convention Center is 72 m above sea level, so that's not it.

Meters is normally what I'd think of from 50 m, and googling it agrees with me, with the first result being for the 50 meters sprint event.

takoyaki

So converted, 50 m are

164.041995 feet (164 feet ½ inch)

and

"The Roman numeral M is often used to indicate one thousand"

anyone have an idea? I looked at altitudes, measurements of Mars/Moon, nothing so far

edit: maybe the scroll direction is important, as in "50 meters to the left"

also, redditor hedrfgsuniozpbwaerfu figured out that the character Ace is a 50 year old (m)ale

and redditor crystola99 is trying to make groups of 5 out of the words, like the ones on the old images A&B

more details on both: Zero Escape reddit

Irru

Neo Member
Code:
<h1><marquee behavior="scroll" direction="left" scrollamount="3">50 m</marquee></h1>
<h1><marquee behavior="scroll" direction="right" scrollamount="10">34.0419</marquee></h1>
<h1><marquee behavior="scroll" direction="left">coin</marquee></h1>
<div class="ujic-hold ujic_center"> <div class="ujiCountdown ujic-classic" id="ujiCountdown1"></div></div>
<h1><marquee behavior="scroll" direction="left" scrollamount="2">-118.2687</marquee></h1>
<h1><marquee behavior="scroll" direction="right" scrollamount="5">firefighter</marquee></h1>
<h1><marquee behavior="scroll" direction="left" scrollamount="7">psychopath</marquee></h1>
<h2><marquee behavior="scroll" direction="right" scrollamount="9">CUT&#8211;HERE</marquee></h2>

So now we have a scrollamount of 3. Probably doesn't mean anything, but I wonder if we'll be getting the missing numbers too.

That would mean there are still four(!) more words too go.

Edit: Would a default scrollamount be 1? If that's the case then there are only three words left.

cbq

I'd like to be in as well :)

So (almost) only one week left. Thanks to exams (and Persona 5 trailer) I don't have to think about it constantly. The last streach. I hope we'll be able to reach our dreamed timeline.

New words on the site continue to make no sense :p
Edit: Wow, I haven't even noticed psychopath was added earlier.

DeMatador

Neo Member
This is alive again? YAY

Can I be added to the waiting room of hype? Been here since the stair lify days, but I thought this thread was dead.

Can't believe it's only 8 days til the reveal.
I cannot handle this. Someone hand me a magazine D:

redhood56

Banned
Should I make a separate twitch chat? I'm not sure because the people who sign up for it will probably be most of the people watching. Thoughts?

takoyaki

Should I make a separate twitch chat? I'm not sure because the people who sign up for it will probably be most of the people watching. Thoughts?

You might be right that the people watching would mostly be Gaf/reddit/their fans on twitter, FB and some other sites, so I'm not sure either. If it's a lot of work to make the chat, we could just watch the official stream and have GAF open at the same time.

Have Aksys announced their plans yet?

redhood56

Banned
You might be right that the people watching would mostly be Gaf/reddit/their fans on twitter, FB and some other sites, so I'm not sure either. If it's a lot of work to make the chat, we could just watch the official stream and have GAF open at the same time.

Have Aksys announced their plans yet?
Just checked their Twitter and website and not yet. It's not a lot of work but it seems pointless in the longrun.

takoyaki

Just checked their Twitter and website and not yet. It's not a lot of work but it seems pointless in the longrun.

I think you're right. it's also fun to see all the reactions on twitch when everyone is hyped up during a panel. Hope Aksys don't postpone the announcement of their AX plans again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom