• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys teaser site - news and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

grim-tales

Is it because there are 5 "weeks" in May? idk
Some people over gamefaqs are saying the tweets mean it isnt ZE3, DON'T DESTROY THE HYPE

takoyaki

Is it because there are 5 "weeks" in May? idk
Some people over gamefaqs are saying the tweets mean it isnt ZE3, DON'T DESTROY THE HYPE

0105 is the best thing that could happen (relatively speaking)

It means 2 months left:

March doesn't count because the teaser started in the middle of the month. April had 30 days, May has 31 days, June has 30 / the counter has been using 4x7=28 days per month, so the 4 days left over from April and June are included in this 5th week which they put in the longest month during the teaser.

0105 for May: 5 (weeks) x 7 = 35 days = 31 from May + 2 from April + 2 from June

It also means they have a very special day in mind of when this will end, and this day just happens to fall right in the middle of Anime Expo...

This is going to be amazing. I just know it.

2yjuab.jpg

Yup, everything that happened today was good news :)

takoyaki

All the new info should be in the OP; as always, please let me know if I forgot to add something.

"Random-Uchikoshi-Fact-Of-The-Week"™

In 1999, Kotaro Uchikoshi worked as a graphic designer at KID Corp. on the PSX game "Pepsiman"

115452-pepsiman-frontssuum.jpg

276055-pepsiman-playss5uiv.png

source

takoyaki

from wikipedia:

Kotaro Uchikoshi (打越鋼太郎 Uchikoshi Kōtarō), born November 17, 1973, is a Japanese video game designer and scenario writer. He is best known for co-writing the visual novel series Infinity with its director Takumi Nakazawa while working at KID, and directing and writing the visual novel/adventure game series Zero Escape at Chunsoft.

Uchikoshi went on to create 999 and VLR
Nakazawa created “Root Double”, a game that others on GAF have described as being very similar to 999/VLR

Right now, Nakazawa (中澤) and Uchikoshi are working together again on the Punchline game. Nakazawa is directing. Uchikoshi also hinted at further collaboration between the two in a Famitsu interview a few months back.

Nakazawa's personal blog: http://blog.livedoor.jp/ta5d/

screenshot0027-05-02a6mjxg.png

I'd like someone else to confirm my translation, but here's what I get:

What (I'm/We're) working on right now:

-(I'm/We're) in the middle of the production of the Punchline game
-(I'm/We're) working on ?? (unannounced work/game), but right now I'm taking a break (from this work) to focus on the Punchline game
-(I'm/We're) in the planning/designing phase for this unannounced work/game

To me, this reads like the Japanese version of "working-on-you-know-what",but it's late and I'm also slightly drunk :p. I hadn't looked into Nakazawa yet because he didn't work on VLR, so he wasn't listed in the credits.

edit: Still looks good in the morning

grim-tales

Those Uchikoshi tweets kind of confirm "Its happening" for me.
Is the Japanese site for VLR still down?
Why havent S-C announced anything?
On the other hand, when VLR was "announced" it was already 50% done, or something like that, so maybe they've been planning ZE3 already.

takoyaki

Guess who decided to make his first post in almost 2 months in another teaser thread using the word triad {"triad" [trahy-ad, -uh d] (noun) a group of three, especially of three closely related persons or things}

I would love to see the holy triad back in action :)

Hopefully we learn more about this project soon~

This feels like very cheeky teasing or a trap (so let's not do something stupid that gets this thread locked). I'll just ignore the guy from now on, 2 months left and I'm feeling very good about our chances, especially after this week :)

Nachos

Guess who decided to make his first post in almost 2 months in another teaser thread using the word triad {"triad" [trahy-ad, -uh d] (noun) a group of three, especially of three closely related persons or things}

This feels like very cheeky teasing or a trap (so let's not do something stupid that gets this thread locked). I'll just ignore the guy from now on, 2 months left and I'm feeling very good about our chances, especially after this week :)
I get the feeling that Aksys might have their hands in that, too; otherwise, they're just potentially derailing the thread with rabid fans of an unrelated series.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I thought we were getting locked left and right, didn't know about this thread! Subbed and hoping both projects (ZE3 and IGA's new game) come to fruition. :D

takoyaki

Hi there, good to see more familiar faces :)

A few weeks back, the subject of this teaser was handled like it was Voldemort on GAF. So I thought it was best to not draw too much attention to this thread. Didn’t mention ZE for weeks by name and made a decidedly vague sounding thread title so that only people who already knew about the teaser would be interested. For the same reason, I initially made the thread off topic. That shit got me juniored, so if someone breaks this thread, he/she has to make a new one ;)

I get the feeling that Aksys might have their hands in that, too; otherwise, they're just potentially derailing the thread with rabid fans of an unrelated series.

Certainly could be the case, we should know by the end of today. More IGA-vania is always good news!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Hi there, good to see more familiar faces :)

A few weeks back, the subject of this teaser was handled like it was Voldemort on GAF. So I thought it was best to not draw too much attention to this thread. Didn’t mention ZE for weeks by name and made a decidedly vague sounding thread title so that only people who already knew about the teaser would be interested. For the same reason, I initially made the thread off topic. That shit got me juniored, so if someone breaks this thread, he/she has to make a new one ;)
Sorry to hear that. At least it is good to discuss this without bothering the ppl at the VN gral thread. Man, Uchikoshi has to deliver after these MONTHS of hype build-up. This makes or breaks the ZE franchise for me.

takoyaki

Sorry to hear that. At least it is good to discuss this without bothering the ppl at the VN gral thread. Man, Uchikoshi has to deliver after these MONTHS of hype build-up. This makes or breaks the ZE franchise for me.

No worries, It worked out in the end :) The thread is still open, no important information from threads 1-3 got lost (I think), the level of discussion has been great and more people are finding their way back to this thread.

takoyaki

What's IGA's new game? I didnt know about this? :)

Iga left Konami last year, there were rumors that he had plans for something similar to Mighty Number 9, his project was teased at PAX via oldschool flyers, then something happened and it got pushed; now there's supposed to be an announcement today [looks like a kickstarter with 8-4 involvement].

more details in this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1039738

and that's the older thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=887354

takoyaki

Hey,
I dont know if this is any use but I found a very interesting Reddit post pointing to - not just a weeks/months countdown, but also a digital root theory of numbers:
http://www.reddit.com/r/ZeroEscape/comments/34lc4o/the_logic_behind_the_aksys_4infinity_teaser/

It's overly complicated, so naturally I like it ;)

The theory is based on the importance of the number "6". It's an interesting idea to keep in mind if the numbers don't change to 0004 in a few weeks. So far, the teaser has been way more straightforward than some of our theories, so months/weeks or months/number of Fridays still seems like the most likely outcome.

Gab?

and related tweet: https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/595287099722465281

First word on the site to start with a capital letter. Gab would fit the "charecter traits" theory pretty well too.

You forgot Novel.

That Soundcloud link in the tweet leads me to believe these guys will be making the OST for whatever the teaser is for, which makes me feel it might not be ZE3 after all- the song is a somewhat upbeat song played with a distortion guitar, and it sounds much more Punchline-y than ZE-like.

Another thing: I am checking out that band's song list and I found the following:

Fireman
Shield Your Eyes

Sounds familiar to some words on the teaser, eh?

(The song linked is called "The Sluttering".)

takoyaki

Gab?

and related tweet: https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/595287099722465281

First word on the site to start with a capital letter. Gab would fit the "charecter traits" theory pretty well too.

The teaser that keeps on giving...

No idea about the music, but the capital G could point to this letter being the first letter of an anagram. Guess we won't know for certain until all words have appeared on the site.

edit: just googled it, Jawbreaker Day seems to be a thing. Most of the Aksys tweets have referred to a day, so this is probably just another way of saying "Happy Monday" without repeating themselves

May 4, also known as Star Wars Day, since "May fourth" sounds very similar to "may the force," as in, "may the force be with you." ... but there's a more cultish group that celebrates May 4 for a totally different reason. That group is Jawbreaker fans. Taken from the title of the song "Sluttering (May 4th)," the Internet has dubbed May 4 Jawbreaker Day.

edit2: one last idea regarding anagrams: the old 10 static words were found too soon on images A&B. We tried to find an anagram hidden within those 10 words and also two separate anagrams in images A and B. The problem always was either too many or not enough letters. What if we weren't able to solve the anagram(s) because the letters from the moving words were missing? Those are stored in the source code of the teaser site instead of on the images:

<h1><marquee behavior="scroll" direction="left">coin</marquee></h1>
<h1><marquee behavior="scroll" direction="right" scrollamount="5">firefighter</marquee></h1>

I checked wayback machine and the moving words were not mentioned in the old source code. So it's impossible to solve the old anagram(s) now, but it would mean that the idea is back on the table.

You forgot Novel.

That Soundcloud link in the tweet leads me to believe these guys will be making the OST for whatever the teaser is for, which makes me feel it might not be ZE3 after all- the song is a somewhat upbeat song played with a distortion guitar, and it sounds much more Punchline-y than ZE-like.

Another thing: I am checking out that band's song list and I found the following:

Fireman
Shield Your Eyes

Sounds familiar to some words on the teaser, eh?

(The song linked is called "The Sluttering".)

Novel isn't on the site currently.

Most of the #4infinity tweets are unrelated, it might just be that someone at Aksys really likes Jawbreaker. I could see the Jawbreaker -> Gab connection though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP1lJRcEfEI Non-instrumental version.

I wonder if we'll actually make it to the end of the countdown without someone accidentally leaking whatever it is, there certainly seemed to be a few people who knew in the original thread, and there's always the chance a retailer will put up a listing too early.

takoyaki

lyrics:

Flattered that you think I warrant ugliness. Gutters
drain west, mud made a mess of us. It's time to leave
this place. I'd saw through your wrist to find a
better trap that fits. I'd saw through your traps to
find a better you, a part of you that lasts. I saw
through your trap and into my own wrists. Saw we were
through, red ribbons spill to blue: a sight to sore
your eyes. I got this dress. I'm hiking it around
this waste of laughter. Slow dance alone with no one
to the sound of four hands clapping. Congratulations
to you both, I hope somewhere you're happy. If
there's a moral to this story then I wish you'd show
me. Hair in the blood, fly in the disappointment.
Rubber, I'm glue. I'll write the book on you. It's
sticking to my face. You need a little less than what
you take for granted. This is the sip that's drinking
back from you, blacking out your eyes. You need a
little more suppression of your appetites
. This is
your honeymoon, in separate rooms, it's neither sweet
nor bright. I made a word to give this state a name,
this game a guess. I call it "sluttering". It means
as little as your little test. You are your worst
revenge. Your very means, they have no ends. This is
a story you won't tell the kids we'll never have. If
you hear this song a hundred times it still won't be
enough.

That feeling when you think the song is directly talking to you, fellow ZE fans ;)

I wonder if we'll actually make it to the end of the countdown without someone accidentally leaking whatever it is, there certainly seemed to be a few people who knew in the original thread, and there's always the chance a retailer will put up a listing too early.

tbh, I never thought this would go on for so long without some kind of leak. Let's hope Amazon France or the German ratings board lend us a hand.

spinz

Does anyone have access to a transcript for VLR?
Theres a good transcript for 999.
The following words appear in 999: ice cream, ring, and coin.

If firefighter, gab, and shotgun are words that show up *anywhere* in the script for vlr... then it might be compelling evidence that aksys is just taking these words at random from the game's scripts.

EDIT: 9 out of the 10 old words from the banners appear in the transcript of 999. Everything except "pencil". Anyone know if pencil might appear in VLR?

Even if it was stuff seemingly insignificant like.. "no time to gab"... or saying somthing was the size of a pencil.. if every single one of these showed up in the script it starts to look like too much to be a coincidence.

Nachos

A song being energetic didn't stop them from licensing a Boris song for the OVA (though it did get removed for the English version), but Jawbreaker isn't just some random band and would probably be beyond Aksys' budget, except for maybe licensing songs. That, and they haven't actually been a band since 1996.

I'm going to laugh if Uchikoshi is some huge punk snob and the plot somehow involves traveling back in time to prevent emocore from warping into straight-up emo.

The teaser that keeps on giving...

No idea about the music, but the capital G could point to this letter being the first letter of an anagram. Guess we won't know for certain until all words have appeared on the site.

edit: just googled it, Jawbreaker Day seems to be a thing. Most of the Aksys tweets have referred to a day, so this is probably just another way of saying "Happy Monday" without repeating themselves.
Yeah, that's just some music blogs trying to make something catch on. It's even less of a thing than May the Fourth be with you. Someone at Aksys probably just has good taste in punk.

takoyaki

Hey,
I came across this link to an interesting blog post that Uchikoshi-san retweeted.

http://fourteen-days.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/the-dangerous-nature-of-hype.html?m=1

It mentions the 4infinity website and ZE. Could it be Uchikoshi confirming the link?

Great find, it's similar to Uchikoshi pushing Operation Bluebird on his FB page and Twitter account. But this time, the teaser is explicitly mentioned in the blogpost which he retweeted. I'd call this another small puzzle piece of good news :)

edit: It would be kind of a dick move to retweet a blogpost with quotes like this if there was no good news at the end of the teaser.

I personally felt so torn seeing the teaser site that I couldn&#8217;t contain it. ... But because of the obvious connection to Zero [Escape] 3, the small community of fans suddenly grew restless and started a conversation everyone had put to bed over a year ago when they originally lost hope. I saw hundreds of posts on forums that verbalized how I felt: a very earnest yet reluctant response, almost dissociative in nature. Excitement, yet distrust. Intense loyalty for Uchikoshi, yet a severe disillusionment regarding the profit-driven video game industry.

Well, gab means to talk/gossip, but the fact that it's capitalized is very strange. Is it a name? An acronym?

Aksys is so wacky.

grim-tales

I wonder why some words on the site are smaller than others. Why does Gab start with a capital letter? Why do some words move and others don't?
I also thought - what if this isnt ZE3 after all? I know he retweeted it and the blog mentions ZE an' all, but it's called "The Dangerous Nature of Hype", its saying "Don't get too carried away, but you cant help it".
So maybe Uchikoshi is saying "Keep your expectations in check".

Sounds like he just liked a fan's love for ZE to me.

Then again, I am torn between hyping myself to death and keeping my hopes in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom