• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys teaser site - news and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
... Can we view this as (1/2)16?

That would show us that 1/216 means "8", not that I have the remotest of ideas about what that means.

Edit:

Thinking maybe it meant 1/2 to the power of 16, I found that it might also signify 1/65536.

Convert to alphabet:

feecf

LX_Theo

Banned
Would Aksys really be as clever and devious as that? We're talking Uchikoshi levels of trickery here.

The more I hear this different theories, the more I think they're all true just because I could totally see it being picked because it can be used for all those reasons. Yeah, definitely something you can imagine them doing.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
BTW, I just noticed that the image file name is now "retina.jpg"
No idea how long its been like that. It used to be just "4infinity.jpg"

http://aksysgames.com/4infinityco/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/retina.jpg

Interestingly, the old image file is still on the server. Does this mean that 0202 is especially relevant in some way?

http://aksysgames.com/4infinityco/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/4infinity.jpg
4infinity.jpg

BTW, I just noticed that the image file name is now "retina.jpg"
No idea how long its been like that. It used to be just "4infinity.jpg"

http://aksysgames.com/4infinityco/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/retina.jpg

Interestingly, the old image file is still on the server. Does this mean that 0202 is especially relevant in some way?

4infinity.jpg

Nice find!

Just checked and images A and B are still the same.

"Retina" makes me think of the third eye... (A major concept in Ever17)

takoyaki

4infinity.jpg

They did make changes to the site when the word firefighter was added. At that time, the counter was at 0202. That's probably the reason why the old image is still up but hasn't been updated since (like the new versions of pictures A&B). Renaming the picture "retina" and using a higher res image indicates that they saw our criticism and tried to fix the layout of the site.

edit: The image you found also confirms that the words and the counter are now one large image instead of three separate ones.

takoyaki

o_O

Anyone have info on precisely what it said? I won't remember the details of the game like that off the top of my head for the life of me.

This is the text from page 216

screenshot0027-05-15a8luqb.png

screenshot0027-05-15awdupn.png

edit: like I mentioned before, 1/216 is (1/6)^3 or (1/6)x(1/6)x(1/6) and ³√216 = 6

edit2: just to clarify, those are ways of breaking up the number from the teaser site, not exactly what is written in the text from page 216. You often end up with 6, 1/6 and 3 as recurring numbers when doing so.

JediLink

216 = 6*6*6
1/216 means the inverse of 6*6*6
So if you interpret that as an instruction to flip it around
Zero Escape 3 confirmed

Swamped

Banned
216 = 6*6*6
1/216 means the inverse of 6*6*6
So if you interpret that as an instruction to flip it around
Zero Escape 3 confirmed

Lol dude, you are a few posts too late XD. But i don't think that's the right approach anyway...the description from page 216 in the journal is sooooo on point. This is further proof that ze3 is on the way.

Makes me wonder if the other words on the website are deeper than we think.

LX_Theo

Banned
To note... Punchline is actually having a lot of Zero Escape reminiscent elements to its plot so far.

Maybe people should be scavenging that show for potential hints.

takoyaki

To note... Punchline is actually having a lot of Zero Escape reminiscent elements to its plot so far.

I watched the first 3 episodes of Punchline for "research purposes" (made a post about it few pages back) and while there are certain recurring ideas, nothing really stuck out.

Also, 1/216 = 1/(6*6*6) = (6*6*6)^-1 is a really cool idea, but if you interpret the "-1" as an instruction to "flip" the numbers upside down, they are still mirror-inverted 9s. You would have to mirror the numbers as well.

LX_Theo

Banned
^ I watched the first 3 episodes of Punchline for "research purposes" (I made a post a few pages back about it) and while there are certain recurring ideas, nothing really stuck out.

Also, 1/216 = 1/(6*6*6) = (6*6*6)^-1 is a really cool idea, but if you interpret the "-1" as an instruction to "flip" the numbers upside down, they are still mirror-inverted 9s. You would have to mirror the numbers as well.

Uh... Well... Might want to watch a few more. They only really start throwing plot twists at the wall in the past few weeks (its on episode 6 now)

EDIT:
The big one is
time loop stuff
, but there's a bunch of little similarities between various dynamics and such of people and organizations.

Reminiscent meaning (don't read before watching Punchline to episode 6)
very similar to the setup for Zero Escape 3: MC goes back in time to posses a younger version of himself in order to avert a world ending disaster orchestrated by an evil organisation on New Years Eve.

Despite the increasing parallels, I don't think that the two are connected, although I did come up with a really dumb theory that Punchline is actually a video game (in universe).

This is the text from page 216

edit: like I mentioned before, 1/216 is (1/6)^3 or (1/6)x(1/6)x(1/6) and ³√216 = 6

That actually seems like a pretty strong connection.

LX_Theo

Banned
Reminiscent meaning
very similar to the setup for Zero Escape 3: MC goes back in time to posses a younger version of himself in order to avert a world ending disaster orchestrated by an evil organisation on New Years Eve.

Despite the increasing parallels, I don't think that the two are connected, although I did come up with a really dumb theory that Punchline is actually a video game (in universe).
Not connected directly. I was more suggesting the idea that Uchikoshi might write in some vague hint and clue to ZE3 stuff because that sounds exactly like something that would end up happening, and the parallels make it feel like its more likely for that to happen

I will check out Punchline's sixth episode today, the fifth one was quite good.

Playing Zero's advocate here, but if 216 was a popularly mystical number, that might just be a nifty detail inserted into VLR that happens to coincide with this.

That said, maybe we should look for the first word or letter or sentence or line of page 216.

I will check out Punchline's sixth episode today, the fifth one was quite good.

Playing Zero's advocate here, but if 216 was a popularly mystical number, that might just be a nifty detail inserted into VLR that happens to coincide with this.

That said, maybe we should look for the first word or letter or sentence or line of page 216.
That's a pretty big coincidence if so. Especially considering what's on that page in VLR.

*ZE Series Spoilers*
Uchikoshi has already said that ZE3 would take place at the Mars Mission Test Site, and that's where Radical-6 came from. This page is about Radical-6. I feel like it has to be intentional.

I think we should focus on the "/1" part now.

Assuming that 216 points to that page from VLR, what does 1/ mean? One word? Paragraph? Sentence?

takoyaki

I think we should focus on the "/1" part now.

Assuming that 216 points to that page from VLR, what does 1/ mean? One word? Paragraph? Sentence?

Yeah, that's been bugging me as well. I think the number 216 is a reference to radical6 and only indirectly a reference to that page 216 on which radical6 is mentioned.

There's lots of ways you could interpret 1/216. For example, if 216 stands for radical6, 1/216 could be the inverse of radical6. So maybe 1/216 means "cure" or "Axelavir". Or it means "reversing radical6", maybe even "reversing the events descibed on page 216". Or it could mean something completely different and 216 is just another freak coincidence.

takoyaki

A week closer than the last. Hopefully Aksys streams their panel because I want to see the reveal live.

Hope so too.

Otherwise, at least one Gaffer from this thread will be at AX, so maybe we can convince him/her to be our "reporter on the ground". Or someone might Periscope the reveal.

takoyaki

nope, same old same old. Now that we have access to retina.jpg, it's really easy to check if something changed on their end.

output_rhjtfx3pujs.gif

takoyaki

I wouldn't get my hopes up, we never found a way to connect all of the old words from old A&B. The number this week makes an anagram less likely and I can't think of a good way of connecting the words as they are. Maybe each word really has meaning on its own? I can't wait for that "Ahhhh!" moment when we look back in 7 weeks and get what the words were all about :)

takoyaki

If it really is an anagram, maybe we shold treat 1/216 as: one two hundred sixteenth?

That could work, good idea. It will be interesting to see if they add another number next week or if they will go back to words. But either way, solving an anagram without having all the words is almost impossible and for all we know, the solution could be in Latin (like "Elapsem semel occasionem..." in VLR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom