• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys teaser site - news and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

takoyaki

It's not from the blog, it's just an old example of why someone might think that Uchikoshi didn't read/understand every word in the blogpost. Sorry for the confusion.

takoyaki

Is it me or is the word Gab slightly higher than it was before?

Still looks the same for me, you can try to compare it with the screencap in the OP.

isnt that from a fan translation? That doesnt reflect on uchikoshi.

It’s from the Japanese PSP version of Never7, so that’s the original text. I can’t tell you if he wrote those words himself though. Fact is that Uchikoshi mentions that he’s not fluent in English on his twitter account and we have to keep that in mind every time he responds to a tweet or posts something in English.

grim-tales

Mine looks different from the screenshot, coin is below "ice cream" and runs along the top of the numbers. Its also very small on mine. Gab is much bigger and is a static word above "coin".

Mine has coin below ice cream too. I think it just depends on screen size, changing the zoom level only affects the static words, so it changes their position relative to the scrolling ones.

takoyaki

Mine looks different from the screenshot, coin is below "ice cream" and runs along the top of the numbers. Its also very small on mine. Gab is much bigger and is a static word above "coin".

Looks like the browser/device still screws with the layout.

This should help: first one is Monday, second one today. (both are screencaps from my iphone which doesn't allow zoom on the teaser-site)

screenshot0027-05-07a8yuv9.png
screenshot0027-05-07atzuej.png

takoyaki

0104, they were two minutes late today :)

As crazy as this might sound, this is the halfway point guys (8 counter changes down, 8 to go)

edit: OP updated with this week's news

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Man, if they don't deliver after all these weeks of hype...

cbq

As crazy as this might sound, this is the halfway point guys (8 counter changes down, 8 to go)
It may be wishful thinking, but we don't know that. After 0101 it might change to 0002 or something.

Seriously, it takes way to long.

takoyaki

It may be wishful thinking, but we don't know that. After 0101 it might change to 0002 or something.

Seriously, it takes way to long.

Always assume the teaser will progress in the slowest, least interesting way and be positively surprised if something changes.

And yes, a teaser this long was a bad idea.

Let's pull an Umineko and "turn the chessboard over"...

Okay, so the teaser was overly long. These people are publishers, they are probably aware of how to prepare an engaging teaser. I do not think it very likely that nobody thought the teaser was too long. Which leads to us to the fact that making the teaser so overly long was a deliberate act, done despite the possibility of diminished hype.

If they made it long deliberately, they were trying to convey a message because it is noticeable that they made the teaser overly long on purpose.

What was noticeable in the initial state of the teaser? Four bicolored rectangles, spelling out "0303" with numbers on them.

That leads me to thinking 0303 was significant.

Zero-Three-Zero-Three? Logically, people thought of Zero Escape.

Now, at this point, they are trying to create the impression that this is ZE3. Whether it is deliberate misguidance or an actual teaser for ZE3 remains to be seen.

If it was to mislead people, what would they gain by doing that? Why would they misdirect hype? Do they think some people would be interested in what is being teased nonetheless if it was not ZE3? That remains unclear.

However, it appears more to me that this signifies Zero Escape 3. One could even argue that the repetition means it is coming to two platforms, but that is very far-fetched.

redhood56

Banned
Damn only half way, but at least this has been a fun ride so far with you guys. I'm wondering if the week before anime expo they will change the months/weeks to just a realtime week countdown. I also hope that their panel will be live streamed.

takoyaki

Damn only half way, but at least this has been a fun ride so far with you guys. I'm wondering if the week before anime expo they will change the months/weeks to just a realtime week countdown. I also hope that their panel will be live streamed.

Yup, the teaser kinda sucks but most of the ride has been fun. We've made it halfway up those stairs :)

That leads me to thinking 0303 was significant.

Basically agree with everything you said. I would bet money that the end of this teaser won't disappoint, but I no longer think that we'll be able to know for sure before the official end of the teaser.

1/216

or 0.00462962962 as a decimal.

If they're going to start teasing with numbers, that's even more of a connection to Zero Escape/Infinity

grim-tales

1/216
Hmmm.
January 2(0)16? Perhaps its a release date? The Zero has escaped!
Uhh, I mean.. new word, woo hoo!
The fact that 9 and 6 each read like each other (when placed upside down) sounds significant in that series of numbers. In 999 didnt Junpei have to do something with probability?

Swamped

Banned
Oooohhh the plot thickens nicely :).

216 is also 6^3. Can that mean anything?

So 1/216 could be (6^3)^-1. (6x6x6)^-1. Physically inverse the sixes and you get nines? Lol.

spinz

funny thing about zero escape, you could find a way to connect just about any number to it.

Im officially tired of this teaser :p

LX_Theo

Banned
1/216
Hmmm.
January 2(0)16? Perhaps its a release date? The Zero has escaped!
Uhh, I mean.. new word, woo hoo!
The fact that 9 and 6 each read like each other (when placed upside down) sounds significant in that series of numbers. In 999 didnt Junpei have to do something with probability?

216 = 9 as digital root... 1/9

But that would be too simple of a number to have a digital root as the meaning behind it, probably.

Combine these and create a double meaning from it, it could be saying a release date of Jan. 9th, 2016.

Plus whatever a missing zero means.

[17:13] <Myun> someone go to this gaf thread and tell them it's probably the number of remaining fridays in the month, and the number points to AX

takoyaki

edit: other than the release date and the digital root, this idea makes sense as well:

the chance of rolling a certain number with a dice is (1/6), the chance of rolling this number three times in a row is (1/6)x(1/6)x(1/6) = 1/216

so it basically means "the unlikely chance of the same thing happening three times in a row" or "the same thing happening again for a third time" and it fits the way 1/216 is written

[thanks Final_Prinny on gamefaqs]

Swamped

Banned
edit: other than the release date and the digital root, this idea makes sense as well:

the chance of rolling a certain number with a dice is (1/6), the chance of rolling this number three times in a row is (1/6)x(1/6)x(1/6) = 1/216

so it basically means "the unlikely chance of the same thing happening three times in a row" or "the same thing happening again for a third time" and it fits the way 1/216 is written

[thanks Final_Prinny on gamefaqs]

Even though these explanations make more sense i still like mine :p

takoyaki

Even though these explanations make more sense i still like mine :p

Fair enough, it's a cool idea :)

It seems less likely now that the words are part of an anagram. Does anyone have an idea of what this mix of words and numbers could ultimately mean?

Or could it still be an anagram with a date in the text? you could easily make the date 01/2016 if you take the "o"s from coin and shotgun and use them as zeros.

1 216 translated to numbers is abaf. It is probably wrong but there is gab after all.

Can somebody try to use the Caesarian Shift on this?

Intriguing... very intriguing.

Assuming that "the 0 has escaped", this might be leading to saying whatever this is will be released in January 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom