• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Al Lowe reviews leisure suit larry MCL

Nice. The thing with Lowe's LSL games was, yeah, they had a lot of humorous, sexually charged moments, but they were honest-to-goodness Sierra adventure-puzzle-solving games a la Kings Quest.

It really saddens me that gaming has gone from challenging but rewarding, thinking outside the box challenges, to a game where winning a game of Quarters is its equivalent.

AeroGod

I beat MCL yesterday while at my friends Halloween party, took me about 8 hours. Yeah, instead of partying I played a video game for 8 hours. I thought it was great. Yeah, the game actually sucks and boils down to about 6 mini-games that get tedious especially the random and dumbfuck quarters game, but for some reason it was fun to play and it was hilarious. I actually liked the conversation games the best and really enjoyed those parts. The random shit Larry sprews out was really funny. My favorite was the take on the Grease song in the gay bar. Seeing Helmut swing his giant shlong around in those speedos never gets old. I also liked the part where you play Dungeons and Dragons with the hot nerdy chick.

I just cant believe the game is 4 damned CDs. The world is small as heck and the graphics arnt that great. Must be the 100,000 lines of dialog or something like that.

You can tell that game was rushed though. THey have a lot of locked areas and buildings that clearly look like they were going to mean something but they never got around to finishing. They at least hint to a Spring Break sequel, and as long as they bring the funny again ill look forward to playing it, hopefully with improvements. Even still, this is a pretty funny game. Worth checking out at a bargain price most definatly if you like a bit of adult and random wacky humor.

The chicks are hot too. I dont normally find myself saying that about polygon chicks, especially cartoony modeled ones, but they are. MOrgan and Charlotte are OMFG smokin, and seeing the actual human models they based the characters on in all their sexy posed glory is great. Damn hot. I liked it.

Top Bottom