• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon - Black Friday deals

Korten

Banned
Still really debating getting the Evil Within... Is the PS4 version any good? How's the length? I do have a good PC but I wonder if I should just get it on that. Though I will admit, trying to build my PS4 library.

Hubb

Missed Xillia for 20 at Bestbuy, thankfully Amazon had it for the same price. This year Amazon hasn't really been stellar so I was half worried it wasn't going to be $20.

Shauni

Still really debating getting the Evil Within... Is the PS4 version any good? How's the length? I do have a good PC but I wonder if I should just get it on that. Though I will admit, trying to build my PS4 library.

Good length, you'll get a good 12 hours out of, at least, I'd say. Most people will tell you the console versions run like shit. I personally had no major issues with my Xbone copy, but I am not the most technical picky by any means.

ethanny2

Do you need to play Xilla 1 to understand Xilla 2? Should I get this or Thearhythm? Which one is better in terms of game length to price ratio?

Boogiepop

Hooray! Grabbed Xillia 2, and now I just have to get up tomorrow morning for that Vita card and I think I'll be set for Black Friday deals.

santeesioux

Xillia 2 worth it if you're kind of burnt out on Tales games and have the Symphonia games as well as various 3ds jrpgs to play first?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering I still have Xillia 1 from last year's Black Friday & I've spent more than I wanted to, sadly gotta pass on Xillia 2. MAYBE if it's the day one edition like I got with Xillia 1, but might have a better chance at GameStop for that to happen.

Do you need to play Xilla 1 to understand Xilla 2? Should I get this or Thearhythm? Which one is better in terms of game length to price ratio?
It's technically possible I guess, but it really makes no sense to do so. Both Xillia and Thearhythm are excellent games though. If you plan on playing Xillia 1 ever, it might be worthwhile to pick up 2 now.

In that mindset, I was going to pick up Dark Souls 2, but having never played a Souls game, I don't think that's wise, so I just went with Xillia 2.

Hexa

Whoopee. Just got Xillia 2. Got XIllia 1 on black Friday last year. Half tempted to just play both of them back to back, but on the other hand I feel I'll get burnt out. We'll see.

Koppai

Fucking bought, thought I was gonna have to buy something else but because it was a lightning deal it still rings up as full price in your cart, so I got free shipping, and I had $9.98 on my Amazon card rewards, so only paid $11.66 :D

Hexa

Fucking bought, thought I was gonna have to buy something else but because it was a lightning deal it still rings up as full price in your cart, so I got free shipping, and I had $9.98 on my Amazon card rewards, so only paid $11.66 :D

Really? I didn't know that. Bought FFXHD to push it into free shipping territory. Oh well. No regrets. I was going to get it eventually anyway.
Thanks for the info. Will keep in mind next year. lol

Rainy

Banned
Feel dumb for getting Xillia 2 from GameStop yesterday especially when I have prime. I would cancel my GameStop order if I knew how hah..

Edit: does anyone know how to cancel online GameStop orders?

wilflare

curious question - how are you guys finding those sale calendars

i tried navigating from the amazon.com homepage... i can't find it at all

ethanny2

It's technically possible I guess, but it really makes no sense to do so. Both Xillia and Thearhythm are excellent games though. If you plan on playing Xillia 1 ever, it might be worthwhile to pick up 2 now.

In that mindset, I was going to pick up Dark Souls 2, but having never played a Souls game, I don't think that's wise, so I just went with Xillia 2.

Kinda thought so, was going to pick it up anyway.. As for your case with DS II, you don't need to have played prior ones to enjoy the combat etc.. Dark Souls doesn't really directly present the story , the player needs to seek it out.

Kinda thought so, was going to pick it up anyway.. As for your case with DS II, you don't need to have played prior ones to enjoy the combat etc.. Dark Souls doesn't really directly present the story , the player needs to seek it out.
That's good to know. The other reason I held off was because I have a PS4, so if it's actually possible to just enjoy the combat, I'll get that version come April.

or save 3 dollars and you get to have it 3 days longer....

I mean if 3 dollars means a lot to you or you're buying in bulk, then go for the eBay one. But if you want it right now as a code to play online, it's still worth it.

Unless another deal pops up on amazon. You're right I'd probably wait at this point and see or go with the eBay one. It's probably not gonna be cheaper than 36.

Shauni

Come back after midnight. They have almost no black friday deals currently scheduled so they'll probably put a lot of them up once the day turns over.

Hm, this incorrect unless I'm misunderstanding you. They have a list of games and times for tomorrow already in the calender. I think Alien and MK8 are the only two that only have a general date.

Hm, this incorrect unless I'm misunderstanding you. They have a list of games and times for tomorrow already in the calender. I think Alien and MK8 are the only two that only have a general date.
Huh? That's not true. inFAMOUS, Hiro (Disney Infinity) Alien and MK8 all are in that same list on the front page. You'd have to assume that the unlisted games get slotted in with the already listed stuff.

Shauni

Huh? That's not true. COD:AW, Titanfall, inFAMOUS, Alien and MK8 all are in that same list on the front page. You'd have to assume that the unlisted games get slotted in with them.

Okay, I do stand corrected here. I feel like the set up this year is throwing me off for some reason. Although, you are incorrect about AW, it is listed in the calender for 8:10 by my time zone

EDIT: And you edited out AW

I mean if 3 dollars means a lot to you or you're buying in bulk, then go for the eBay one. But if you want it right now as a code to play online, it's still worth it.

Unless another deal pops up on amazon. You're right I'd probably wait at this point and see or go with the eBay one. It's probably not gonna be cheaper than 36.

3 dollars is a gallon of gas brah.

Aspiring

Are amazon doing anything with AC Unity? Want it cheap same with CoD AW.

Ready to pull the trigger on quite a few games but are waiting on them first.

It looks like a lot of the lightning deals for tomorrow are already discounted. Error?

For example, Infamous is $19.99, MLB is $19.99, and Diablo is $34.99.

Top Bottom