• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

America has peaked - Coca-Cola x Oreo collaboration

Kings Field

Tried it today, I only took a sip of my wife’s pretty good. Not something I’d drink all the time or even with a meal but it was pretty good.

Doom85

Yeah, Cinema Snob (on his channel Stoned Gremlin Productions, he usually does movie reviews but he also does occasional quick thoughts on limited time food items at stores or fast food places) reviewed these recently. IIRC, he said the soda was fine but could have been mistaken for Vanilla Coke and needed a little more chocolate taste to balance the soda and cookie flavor, but the Oreos he quite liked as he said they did balance both flavors plus the cookies look like little bottle caps, that’s awesome!

GymWolf

Gold Member
Sorry to inform you that us peaked a couple of years ago

hqdefault.jpg

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Tried the Oreo flavored Coke Zero. I’m not a soda drinker, but as far as Coke Zero goes it’s not bad at all. Had a nice vanilla cream aftertaste that masks the horrible chemical notes that you usually get.

Hookshot

Gold Member
Is that what you eat when you can't beat a level in metroid or astrobot?
The normal ones are orange flavored, and can be eaten while playing any game or at any time. People have been known to eat a whole box in one go. Those ones though were nasty, and could be used a punishment for failing just about anything not just levels.

GymWolf

Gold Member
The normal ones are orange flavored, and can be eaten while playing any game or at any time. People have been known to eat a whole box in one go. Those ones though were nasty, and could be used a punishment for failing just about anything not just levels.
70b1gv.gif

INC

You only eat in one go, if you open and only eat a couple and put back into the cupboard, there's something wrong with you

rbanke

Saw both the soda and the oreos at the supermarket yesterday, the kids wanted to try them so I picked up both. I tried the oreo and have to say it wasn't bad. the coke flavor kind of comes through at the end and not overbearing (am I really putting serious effort in describing coke oreos? haha). It's odd but the flavor works. Also strange, they have miniature poprocks in the cream. I don't usually eat junk food but i'd try them again. Kids liked them.

I haven't tried the soda yet.

Certainly an weird crossover

captainpat

Tried the Oreo flavored Coke Zero. I’m not a soda drinker, but as far as Coke Zero goes it’s not bad at all. Had a nice vanilla cream aftertaste that masks the horrible chemical notes that you usually get.
Was gonna say. I like it better than regular than regular coke zero because that weird aftertaste you usually get is replaced with oreo flavor.

YCoCg

Tried one, best way I can describe it, it's like someone got a coffee filter, filled it with crushed oreos and then poured a vanilla coke through it and gave you the results.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Holy shit I thought I saw those Oreos at the store, but thinking about it on the drive home, I convinced myself I must have been mistaken.

We truly have hit peak America 🇺🇸
Someone tell the aliens they can go ahead and shut the simulation down now.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
I regret to say that a few hours after I mocked it online, the wife and son came home with one from the gas station to try.

I tried it. It's basically vanilla coke zero.

Toons

Tried the Oreo, not the coke. The coke oreo isn't bad but its a bit sweet for what I want for an oreo. Still tho, not bad. I like the idea of adding popping candy to attempt to recreate the soda fizz but it didn't really seem to work all that well.

Wow, I am really surprised that this was released in the West too.
I saw this in China a few weeks ago and thought it was another "local" limited time flavour that they seem to have every few weeks.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Had one yesterday, reminds me of Pepsi Max Cino.
Which may taste different if I had one now but that's what it reminded me of.

I don't know if it's just me, but I can hardly taste the Oreo flavor at all in that new coke. Same when they had coconut flavored.

EverydayBeast

ChatGPT 0.1
Cross overs are good if they make sense crossing a cookie and a drink is weird, it’s other ones like the Cheetos mtn dew.

Top Bottom