• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story: ? |OT| We know nothing about this season

Went back and started watching the first season on Netflix. I know only a privileged family would let their daughter talk to her like that. She obviously was never told to stay out of grown folks business.

LaNaranja

Just caught up. Holy shit this season is actually really damn good. After Freak Show and the first episode of Hotel I was ready to call it quits forever. This one sucked me in immediately. Hopefully they don't completely shit the bed with this last batch of episodes.

Asylum > Roanoke (so far) > Murder House > Coven

As someone who didn't hate Coven but found it disappointing because of the wasted potential and also completely hated Freak Show from beginning to end, is Hotel worth watching if I didn't care too much for the first episode? Does it actually go anywhere or does it just jog in place like Freak Show?

As someone who didn't hate Coven but found it disappointing because of the wasted potential and also completely hated Freak Show from beginning to end, is Hotel worth watching if I didn't care too much for the first episode? Does it actually go anywhere or does it just jog in place like Freak Show?

Hotel is significantly better than Freak Show. It's still a bit of a mess in places (because AHS), but it actually has a few decent character arcs in it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ryan Murphy has confirmed that:

• Taissa Farmiga and Finn Wittrock will be back later this season in unspecified roles.
  • Lady Gaga’s Witch of the Wood is, in fact, the Original Supreme, adding that he plans to bring the character back in a future AHS season that will “return to Coven.”
  • The plot of next season’s AHS will not be shrouded in secrecy the way Season 6’s was. “We’re going to announce [the premise] in the spring,” said Murphy. “We’re not doing a secrecy thing, but [next season] does have a big hook behind it.” And, according to Murphy, it involves several Freak Show characters.

(please no more Freak Show :/)

• Taissa Farmiga and Finn Wittrock will be back later this season in unspecified roles.
  • Lady Gaga’s Witch of the Wood is, in fact, the Original Supreme, adding that he plans to bring the character back in a future AHS season that will “return to Coven.”
  • The plot of next season’s AHS will not be shrouded in secrecy the way Season 6’s was. “We’re going to announce [the premise] in the spring,” said Murphy. “We’re not doing a secrecy thing, but [next season] does have a big hook behind it.” And, according to Murphy, it involves several Freak Show characters.

I may be out for a season or two again if freak show is back. That premise wasn't interesting to me.

Monocle

On board for all of this tbh. Freak Show is the weakest season but it's not trash or anything. The characters are OK at worst.

Also I absolutely love Coven. More of that can only be a good thing.

Asylum > Hotel > S1 for me. It's one of the good seasons.
Not a bad top 3.

Nemesis_

I really liked how scaled back Roanoke has been. I hope the second half of the season picks up. I also love how we don't have to have some long ass break between two thirds of the season and the final third.

Not sure about how I feel about Freak Show characters coming back in any capacity.

Also wasn't Matt Bomer meant to be in this season

I just blazed up and showed up 3 min late, am confused.

Edit: So it's a different cast now wtf. I need to rewatch the last episode again, I don't remember shit.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Hmm... so the actors are taking on the qualities of the people they portrayed?

Edit: Damn, guess the ghosts aren't playing around this year.

I'm a bit concerned. First half had me hooked, it was very focused but if the twist is seriously a return to the house and everyone gets offed, I'll be disappointed.
That's what they're trying to get across, but it feels like there's another twist they're holding back.

I feel like Sydney may be in on it as well, maybe possessed and doesn't even know it. I feel like this premise has been done before somewhere.

cr0w

Old Member
$10 says
Matt made a deal with Gaga and got the crew and cast back to the house as a sacrifice, and he's the survivor.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I'd be surprised if the twist was not held off until the end of the episode.

That's the finale, though.

It might happen in 9.

$10 says
Matt made a deal with Gaga and got the crew and cast back to the house as a sacrifice, and he's the survivor.

Not really a spoiler - just responding to his speculation...
Why would he want to sacrifice his sister though?

Bladenic

How did producer girl die if the blood moon didn't start yet? Thought they couldn't kill until blood moon. Although I guess they can still interact and she may have died from the car crash?

cr0w

Old Member
It might happen in 9.

Not really a spoiler - just responding to his speculation...
Why would he want to sacrifice his sister though?

Actually i changed my mind.

I think Shelby either made the deal or is possessed by Gaga, she's really desperate to get alone time with Matt. They both want him.

Actually i changed my mind.

I think Shelby either made the deal or is possessed by Gaga, she's really desperate to get alone time with Matt. They both want him.

This could be
very close, but god damn I don't want a possession to be the twist

And hot damn just like that.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
How did producer girl die if the blood moon didn't start yet? Thought they couldn't kill until blood moon. Although I guess they can still interact and she may have died from the car crash?

I was just wondering this myself. Also I don't know if it was technically the blood moon when Rory died either. Matt mentioned that the moon wasn't quite full yet.

Here's a crazy twist for you... what if
the sleezy producer hired people to do these murders to boost ratings?

Toa TAK

Banned
That was my favorite episode of the season so far. Behind the scenes and the aftermath are a great way to segway into this second half.

Are we going to take bets on who survives?

Top Bottom