• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story: ? |OT| We know nothing about this season

inki

This season seems to be wrapping up so fast and we're only at Ep 4. Whats the twist? Is the pseudo "show" going to end with those characters returning to current day? Will it be another story entirely in the same Vein? We're missing common actors, didn't Jessica Lang return for this season? I'm really enjoying it as I love the mystery around the lost colony (in real life that is).

I know I'm in the minority in liking the interview format, but I can't help but hope that maybe this will inspire a show like this to return somewhere, because I think A Haunting is dead, and others like Paranormal Survivor and Ghostly Encounters are pretty infrequent and are mostly getting replaced by, I assume, cheaper ghost shows that are rip-offs of Ghost Hunters.

I'm a sucker for some of those shows.

Paranormal Witness is like it, and just returned this year, after a year or two off. It's not as good as it was, and kind of cheesy, but I watch it for intrigue.

Paranormal Lockdown is also interesting.

Honestly this has been dreadful so far. From the only reason the kidnapping being there was to stop the (stupid) main characters from getting out of there episodes ago to the fake looking beards on the colonists and the extremely boring setting.

In all for this rumoured mid season twist but it won't make any of the first 5 episodes retroactively better.

This is so ridiculous to me. "Episodes ago" it happened in Episode 2 and we just got Episode 4. Heaven forbid a plot line lasts more than one or two full episodes out of a 12-episode season. Good grief.

Also the kidnapping wasn't just to keep them in the setting. It actually 1) got them out of the house to 2) discover the shelter and videotapes describing the history of the house and 2) go into the forest to discover the hicks and their left behind pig-children as well as 3) learn the history of the colonists and why they're doing what they're doing and 4) learn the history and motivations of Gaga's witch character.

Or, y'know, the actual plot and storyline of the entire season so far. It's not like the series is called American Horror Story: Roanoke or anything so why would they ever want to keep any of the characters in that area.

Correct.

Evan Peter's will be in this season but hasn't shown up yet.

Were there rumors she was gonna come back for a small/cameo part in this season or is she like super officially done with it forever?

JonnyKong

Whilst I would say I am (kinda) enjoying the new season of Horror Story, I just cannot get over the accents of the Roanoke folk, they're ruining any kind of immersion for me when they're on screen. I'm not even sure what they're trying to do, is it brummy? It's hard to understand what Kathy Bates is saying half the time, thank the lord for subtitles.

Also, her character and every scene she's in reminds me of something from the York/London dungeons. I can easily imagine some gcse drama student dressing up as her and shouting to an audience in a little room, "arghhh I'm the evil butcher and I'm going to disembowl you!", same with Gaga's character.

The season is actually only 10 episodes! They finally figured out that having 9ish episodes, followed by a 1-2 month break, followed by the final batch of episodes killed the narrative momentum.

Oh well thank god. That always bugged the shit out of me and my friends, so weird to have the show just stop for a couple months and then come back for the last 2-3 episodes.

Hopefully it'll help with the more focused feel of this season too, less episodes to waste time on pointless shit with. That must be why it feels like the plot is actually moving this time.

Zoe

Definitely didn't see all that coming.

Anyone know who the other guy is? Looks like a young Lenny Kravitz.

That was an awesome episode.

So I'm guessing
the documentary crew will go to the house

Did you watch the preview for next week?

the TV crew looked like they were in the studio when he says don't turn the cameras off? It didn't look like the house? Maybe I need to watch again

Zoe

Did you watch the preview for next week?

the TV crew looked like they were in the studio when he says don't turn the cameras off? It didn't look like the house? Maybe I need to watch again

I did, and you're right. But
that teaser was way too short, and I'm thinking the back half might be more of a "found tape" thing.

Top Bottom