• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American McGee's - Scrapland Demo

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Gave it a quick play. Seems fairly interesting. Reminds me of Crimson Skies for Xbox. You fly around this city and do missions for cash, lots of dogfighting, racing and whatnot. There are also on foot portions where you can posess people and use their powers but I didn't get too far into that.

Graphics are really nice and it runs good and smooth on my middle of the road 2 ghz, Radeon 9800 PC.

Acosta

Give it a try, is from a talented studio from Spain and there are lots of nice ideas on it.

By the way, suppose that American McGee is a good way to make the name more commercialy interesting. But it's fun for me they put "American McGees´s game" when he came at the last months of development.

Redbeard

Banned
I'm looking forward to this.

One question: can you land and get out of your ship anywhere, or just specified spots? I mean, are the ship and on-foot segments completely separate?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Doom_Bringer said:
did they delete it? I can't download it/
The demo was apparantly leaked. 3DGamers has this on news blurb regarding the demo:

3DGamers.com said:
Update: Despite appearing on the official site, the demo was apparently released by mistake, and we have now removed it upon request by publisher Enlight.

FoneBone

I kinda got a BG&E-ish vibe from what I played, which is a good thing. Then again, BG&E didn't have as much confusing level design or seemingly arbitrary missions.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Redbeard said:
I'm looking forward to this.

One question: can you land and get out of your ship anywhere, or just specified spots? I mean, are the ship and on-foot segments completely separate?

From my time with the demo, you can only land in specified spots with little parking garage thingers on top of them.

As for the controls, the flight controls are basically an FPS in 360 degrees. There is no real flight physics at all, no momentum or anything like that. Kinda strange, but not overly bad.

KarishBHR

FoneBone said:
I kinda got a BG&E-ish vibe from what I played, which is a good thing. Then again, BG&E didn't have as much confusing level design or seemingly arbitrary missions.

I said the same thing to my bro... definitley like BG&E

Gaijin To Ronin said:
By the way, suppose that American McGee is a good way to make the name more commercialy interesting. But it's fun for me they put "American McGees´s game" when he came at the last months of development.

Kinda Sorta American McGee's Scrapland didn't test well with focus groups, unfortunately.

Top Bottom