• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
That was some bullshit. Fuck man.

Screw the "No beer after the 55th minute" rule, by the way. That's not even halfway through the 2nd half. Ugh.

Dartastic

Hell yes. Seattle loses. Thank you, Defoe. Toronto really needs to solidify that backline though. Woof.
That was some bullshit. Fuck man.

Screw the "No beer after the 55th minute" rule, by the way. That's not even halfway through the 2nd half. Ugh.
Yeah that's a terrible rule. That's why you sneak in a flask. Always. :p

Hieberrr

Man, I hated the way we played in the second half. I really hope we don't depend on the counter attack all season long. Overall, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but still nerve wrecking.

Hopefully, as the season progresses, we improve dramatically.

But I am very, very, very happy with the win.

Ugh, the Quakes injury report isn't looking good with Stewart out and Gorlitz, Goodson, and Wondo listed as questionable. Djalo's work permit issues haven't been sorted out, so he won't be playing either. I imagine that Goodson and Wondo will probably play, but this is going to be a tough match against RSL.

In other news:
Sciaretta said:
4 Americans starting for Tijuana tonight vs Cruz Azul. Edgar Castillo, Herc Gomez, Paul Arriola, Alejandro Guido

Dartastic

Missed this on the stream, caught it on Reddit. Goddamnit Dempsey, stop being such a fucking asshole. This is so immature.

skayvd6i.gif

UncleO

Twas a BEAUTIFUL day to #DOOP
game1a_zps51dc13b7.jpg

game1_zpsd3758bc4.jpg

Im loving the new look Union. New England could not get anything going through the middle in the first half.

Revs-GAF... if one exists. Your team is shit.

Union played pretty sorry today and you still only managed only 1 legitimate scoring chance against us all game.

What happened? You guys looked pretty formidable at the end of last year.

Nesotenso

no Zusi for SKC, Bieler on the bench.

edit: Have to say, find it disappointing that someone like Mikey Lopez has failed to impress Vermes while his u20 teammates are getting minutes all around the league. Hopefully he will be sent on loan this season at the very least.

xbhaskarx

Wow, Wenger is the worst finisher ever.

If they had been using Andrew Wenger as a CB he could one day be in the national team picture, instead he will be MLS average at best as a forward...

Goal Hedges (speaking of CBs), that guy should get a look in an upcoming January Camp.

Nesotenso

another season where it seems that SKC don't have the goal scorers they need. Resting some guys hopefully means that the CCL game gives us a favorable result.

Askani

Two handed shove by the Dallas goalie of our guy who was in the air that wasn't called. Peterson foul was questionable no call in the box. Weak free kick foul at the end. Poor calls back and forth all night. But the free kick especially at the end.

However I'm still coming down. Need some time and maybe I'll get some perspective.

Also it's my birthday. Also I've been drinking huuhmmm...about all day. So maybe just give me this one. :p

It'll have to be a better angle than what they showed during the game, because after having rewound the DVR a few times... I don't see it. It sure looks like Michel takes a couple more steps then jumps on the ground and asks for a FK. Uri might have grazed him, but it wasn't enough to award that in the 90th minute.

Either way, SKC should've defended it, though instead of literally standing around holding their dicks, haha:

v1lla21

This Mulholland dude should have two goals already if the refs hadn't robbed him last week vs LA...

Sitting on the sideline because of injuries and/or CCL.

Lol, yeah but they fell asleep on the second goal.

Salinas has had a great match. Rimando has had great saves and has kept the game how it is.

Victor!!!! #StoppageTimeIsOurBestFriend

Jeff-DSA

"There will be a minimum of however long it takes for San Jose to equalize." Every game when the Earthquakes trail.

Half of our team is injured. I couldn't possibly hate San Jose more than I already do. They just mug and foul hard.

xbhaskarx

If the Hernandez injury is serious the Quakes are even more screwed than they would have otherwise been once they lose Bernardez and Goodson for the World Cup.

"There will be a minimum of however long it takes for San Jose to equalize." Every game when the Earthquakes trail.

Yeah because the Quakes with their lovable superstars, attractive style, and impressive stadium are clearly the darlings of MLS...

Fun game in the end, though San Jose defense is in shambles at the moment. Hopefully some of these guys come back very soon. Sounds like it'll be a makeshift back line at least for Toluca and probably in KC, so both of those games will be ugly.

SJ now has 17 second-half stoppage-time goals in all comps since 2012, 15 of which have been game-tying or game-winning.

Osorio

Petke is pissing me off. What's the point of touting that you hardly made changes in the off-season for the sake of continuity, then go and completely change the lineup that was successful last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom