• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askani

James Starritt ‏@JamesStarritt 6m
Getting word that Zusi may have a real injury issue. MRI is the buzz, we should have something confirmed soonish. Unconfirmed but trusted.

That's not going to be good for tomorrow or CCL this Wednesday...

Nesotenso

oh crap I hope it is not serious and doesn't hurt his shot to make it in the squad this summer.

edit: we have got a crap schedule to start out the season. MLS should have given us a bye week this month. LA got one. And Zusi has been logging minutes like no one else since the playoffs.

Jeff Carlisle said:
A #SportingKC spokesperson says that Graham Zusi isn't injured & didn't have an MRI. He was held out training today to give him rest. #usmnt

edit:
To give this more context, I'm told Zusi was doing a photo shoot today & wasn't limited physically in any way. #usmnt #SportingKC

Osorio

oh crap I hope it is not serious and doesn't hurt his shot to make it in the squad this summer.

edit: we have got a crap schedule to start out the season. MLS should have given us a bye week this month. LA got one. And Zusi has been logging minutes like no one else since the playoffs.

I heard each team was given the option of bye weeks. Some took them so their schedule wouldn't be backloaded while SKC did not.

Askani

James is usually a guy that you can trust to be level headed and good on info. I don't know who started the rumor, but he's apologizing for his part now. He gets a pass on this one in my book. Just glad there's nothing really wrong. I almost had a heart attack.

Just got tickets to sj earthquakes vs Seattle sounders in levi's stadium (new 49ers stadium) in Santa Clara. Can't wait.

Nice!! Glad you were able to score some tickets.

I have season tickets for the Quakes and they'll be putting us somewhere in Sec. 224, 225, or 226. We have season tickets for the Niners also and I'm super stoked to see the stadium just as much as the match itself! I plan on getting there early to check everything out.

Hope you have a great time! Can't wait!

xbhaskarx

Bradley on that 2011 Aston Villa team:
Bradley's loan expired with just four appearances.

"It was still an experience that I grew from," Bradley said. "The frustration of not playing. The frustration of being in a place where there weren’t enough guys who had the commitment and determination that I did. It taught me a lot.

a6SB276.png

v1lla21

Just got tickets to sj earthquakes vs Seattle sounders in levi's stadium (new 49ers stadium) in Santa Clara. Can't wait.
Lol I got the email and was like alright cool. Then I saw the prices and was like fuuuck. I can buy them but I'll just wait until next paycheck.

Lol I got the email and was like alright cool. Then I saw the prices and was like fuuuck. I can buy them but I'll just wait until next paycheck.

You and apparently ECS as well, if the facebook drama posts I saw were accurate.

EDIT: or rather, they aren't buying them at all. I misread your post at first

The prices for the Quakes-Sounders game at the 49ers place were very high. Lowest price seats were ~$55 once you added in the Ticketmaster fees. According to the Quakes beat reporter, the 49ers were in complete control of the pricing and the ticket sales. I'm curious how well they'll sell, though I had a few friends grab a bunch. I think the intrigue of getting into the new stadium is enough to make people jump on them. I'm just glad I got mine at the regular STH price.

v1lla21

Yeah. I'm only buying two so I'm not really tripping about the price since it's just one match. I think it will sell well. Maybe not all tickets but relatively good. Mostly because people want to see the new stadium. It's an 8 minute drive from where I live so I'm happy.

Hieberrr

I just got 5 pairs of tickets to some TFC matches through work. Feels good, man – I cannot wait! I'll definitely buy season tickets next year.

Yanks abroad:
- John Brooks and Altidore are on the bench this morning
- Geoff Cameron starts as does Fabian Johnson

EDIT:
- Howard, Spector, and Packwood starting.
- Ream starts
- Danny Williams still out with a knee problem.
- Duane Holmes & Gooch start.
- Bedoya is on the bench

MLS matches today: (ET)
PHI-NE 4pm
NY-COL 4pm (Univision)
SEA-TOR 4:30pm (NBC Sports)
HOU-MON 8:30pm
SKC-DAL 8:30pm (Free MLS Stream of the Week)
SJ-RSL 10:30pm​

Tomorrow:
POR-CHI 3:00pm (UniMas)
CHV-VAN 7:00pm​

xbhaskarx

Boy that is a rough schedule for Chicago, having to play two games on the same day.

second one is Chivas
yes the one NOT on Spanish language television

Dartastic

Do you guys know of any discounts going for MLS Live? I should have subscribed during the preseason discount period, but I didn't. Whomp. :/

ZZMitch

You guys pumped for TFC vs Sounders? Because I am pretty pumped.

Do you guys know of any discounts going for MLS Live? I should have subscribed during the preseason discount period, but I didn't. Whomp. :/

Damn there was a discount period? Sadness. How much cheaper was it?

ZZMitch

Full year was 52 bucks, I believe. Now it's $65. I'd pay 50 bucks for a subscription, but I don't wanna pay 65. :/

Ah I see, yeah I am not to sure. I am looking into it now and I am a little worried about the blackout dates and stuff. Can anyone chime in and say how bad that is? The issue is I don't get some of the "nationally televised" channels that are blacked out. This is in Canada btw, I don't get TSN. The teams I want to watch are TFC and New England for the most part (I am from New England).

Boy that is a rough schedule for Chicago, having to play two games on the same day.

second one is Chivas
yes the one NOT on Spanish language television
That's what I get for copying it over by hand. :p It'd be nice if they'd just post another schedule image as that's much quicker for me.

zroid

Banned
Never was one to watch MLS but I'll admit I'm buying into the TFC hype. We'll see how it goes. :p

But man this Xbox takeover at the Sounders' field is outrageous...

Azuran

Banned
I haven't been this excited about a sport season in forever. I still can't believe TFC is fielding a team like that every time I look at the starting line up.

Hopefully this the the year that makes us forget how it feels to lose :p

Dartastic

Terrible challenge on Dempsey after the Bradley challenge, terrible response by Dempsey. I hate how quickly he gets angry. Really not great for the USMNT.

Decent game so far.
Terrible challenge on Dempsey after the Bradley challenge, terrible response by Dempsey. I hate how quickly he gets angry. Really not great for the USMNT.
I don't mind a little fire from him. It's not like he's taken a lot of red cards and suspensions.

Dartastic

Decent game so far.I don't mind a little fire from him. It's not like he's taken a lot of red cards and suspensions.
While true, it seems to happen sooooo much. He's supposed to be the captain, and with that I feel he should show some more restraint at times.

EDIT: YES. Defoe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom