• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askani

That is hilarious. I hope it doesn't go away.

zOytE9B.jpg

Sadly they only made 100 and I missed them doing the sale.

Believe is another one of their screwed up Tifos

daoster

Ives - Klinsmann gets his man, but what does Julian Green's decision mean for USA?

You couldn’t really blame Jurgen Klinsmann if he popped a bottle of champagne on Monday night after landing the services of Julian Green, the prized recruit he has spent months trying to secure as a U.S. national team player.

That might seem like a slight overreaction for landing the commitment of an 18-year-old who isn’t even playing regular minutes as a professional, but make no mistake, landing Green is a significant moment in Klinsmann’s tenure.

Green is a legitimate top-level prospect, a player Pep Guardiola has enough confidence in to bring into a UEFA Champions League match for his club debut. Green is still a prospect, a lump of very promising clay waiting to be molded, but his qualities and high profile made him the kind of player who could anchor the next generation of the U.S. national team.

Osorio

Since you guys are talking about upcoming US matches:

If any of you guys want a ticket for USA Turkey let me know. I have pre-sale access as a Red Bulls season ticket holder.

If you never post in this thread don't bother asking.

xbhaskarx

I don't think this has been posted here:

MLS team proposes to build soccer academy in O'side

On Wednesday, the City Council will hear a proposal from Dell Loy Hansen, owner of the Real Salt Lake team in Salt Lake City, for a training complex at the site that would include six private soccer fields.

On the property’s remaining space, the company would build a redesigned golf course reduced to nine holes, a public trail and other recreational uses. Eventually, the project could be expanded to add an 8,000-seat soccer stadium for a minor league soccer team and two hotels, city officials said.

The project is expected to cost about $8 million, not including the hotels.

Looks like RSL are hoping to base another academy and eventually their USL Pro team there.
Oceanside is about 40 minutes north of San Diego and 50 minutes south of Orange County...

v1lla21

Surprised it's still a tied game at 0.

^^I think it's because of the back line problems and the fact that the altitude is screwing them up.

v1lla21

This is just what SJ needed. Toluca is going to loosen up and start showing weaknesses that hopefully the Quakes can capitalize off of with a good counter attacks.

Sheesh, second one cleared off the line. This is tense. The Quakes are going to have trouble scoring if they can't get the ball back.

SKC lineup:
#SportingKC XI vs. @Cruz_Azul_FC: Kronberg; Ellis, Opara, Besler (C), Gardner; Rosell, Nagamura, Feilhaber; Zusi, Bieler, Peterson #CAZvSKC

Welp, Quakes go out on PKs. Busch was so close to saving three of them, but them's the breaks. Tough loss, but they played so much better than I expected them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom