• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klinsmann's upset about Dempsey's ban:
Goff said:
Klinsmann on Dempsey's 2-game ban: "Seems very harsh & comes at a very bad time for us as it throws him out of rhythm before Mexico” match

More Klinsmann: "He made a mistake but if opponents don’t get penalized for consistently fouling, it only encourages them to continue"

More Klinsmann: "There is a foul against [Dempsey] in the 6th minute that should have been a red card."

To be fair, Dempsey's "assist" was a header shot that went off the cross bar, came back to him, he tried to shoot while falling over, and somehow knocked it to where Chad Barrett could bury the gimme, so I don't know that it's worth getting excited over unless he were on your fantasy team at the time.

His play has been good though.

Dartastic

Remember those American jerseys that we thought might be real, but then they announced the polos? Welllll... It turns out they're real, and the dude on Reddit who posted this believes they may be the away jersey. I kinda want one.

yOZsJif.jpg

CXfAPz1.jpg

ZLL5729.jpg

xbhaskarx

I dislike everything about it, both the red and the blue colors are just totally off, and the design is crap... worst US jersey in close to a decade.

NoRéN

the home jersey looks like something that could be worn and not look like you are wearing a jersey. This looks, interesting.

hfghf9wsta.jpg

Hieberrr

It's going to be a cold one here in Toronto, ladies and gentlemen. I have great seats, but my god the wind is going to drive me insane. In really happy the club is building a roof.

Dartastic

If the Timbers can't get a result against a team that literally didn't have a coach until the very beginning of the season I don't know what I'm gonna do.

xbhaskarx

F'ing Wayne Rooney... I was hoping to see ManU humiliated again.

Whitecaps vs Revs starts in a few minutes, Goncalves is playing...

Chicago signed Grant Ward on loan from Tottenham.

daoster

Remember those American jerseys that we thought might be real, but then they announced the polos? Welllll... It turns out they're real, and the dude on Reddit who posted this believes they may be the away jersey. I kinda want one.

But really...these colors in this order look like the freaking French flag...

ATF487

NoRéN;105403742 said:
Here are the highlights of Jozy's performance today for Sunderland:

Pretty similar to the highlights of this Revs/Whitecaps game

Wonder what will happen if Sunderland get relegated, Jozy would probably do well with a year in the championship, assuming he doesn't fuck off in the summer

Starting Lineup for the LA Galaxy:
Perk; Riley, Gonzalez, Delagarza, Dunivant; Juninho, Ishizaki, Hudisdic, Donovan; Friend, Keane

There is quite a few changes, so it will be interesting to see how they play together.

NoRéN

Pretty similar to the highlights of this Revs/Whitecaps game

Wonder what will happen if Sunderland get relegated, Jozy would probably do well with a year in the championship, assuming he doesn't fuck off in the summer

The relegation battle should be interesting to watch in the BPL since the bottom 5 teams are only separated by a few points. Sunderland has a few of games on hand so they can get themselves out of the relegation zone.

I think if they do get relegated they'll look to offload Jozy.

zroid

Banned
Pretty entertaining first half at BMO. Some decent chances on both sides, although TFC's were definitely a bit better. They continue to have possession problems though.

Spl1nter

Man the pitch was just atrocious for the TFC game but they did a very nice job getting the win. Gilberto looked quite good in his first match. Bradley is a level above everyone else in midfield.

xbhaskarx

TFC should probably have won by 3 or 4, maybe they didn't want to get Kasper and Olsen fired.

I wonder if the boost in salary is worth playing himself off the World Cup roster for Eddie Johnson...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
TFC should probably have won by 3 or 4, maybe they didn't want to get Kasper and Olsen fired.

I wonder if the boost in salary is worth playing himself off the World Cup roster for Eddie Johnson...

He's probably looking beyond it at this point. EJ isn't our number 1 striker or even our number 2 anymore, he's third on that list. This would be his last WC and he'd probably get absolutely no playing time. I can't blame him for looking ahead and taking the check, it's worth a lot more than a WC you'll never play in.

xbhaskarx

If EJ did go as the #3 forward he would most likely play, Jozy and AJ are not really big threats with their heads. In 2010 the only field players who didn't play were two defenders, Spector and Goodson, all four forwards (Jozy, Herc, Findley, Buddle) did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom