• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngower

I think Seattle are the team to beat this season, but I wish there was a tad more life from the Revs. Flashes of solid play, but a cohesive performance that was not. I'll allow it this week. If they come out lifeless against NYC next week, tables are getting flipped.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
73 isn't a bad first week in fantasy. Especially since my forwards only got me 4 points.

Shoot I only got 60, but two of my starters didn't play and my captain BWP never scored :(

Gonna mess with the lineup a bit tomorrow and make Jozy my captain for next week, hopefully he repeats the performance.

Meier

Kaka's expression here.. lol. Needs a "Dat deflection" caption.

10500545_879451038779852_9215383270987356088_n.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
All my strikers save Jozy have a by this week, I also messed with my midfield and backline a bit, I had to drop some players that either got cut, injured or were seeing no minutes and this is what I've got.

Mix, Kaka, Jozy and Beasley served my team well last week and I hope they perform once again. With the additions of Olave, Hernandez, Shipp and Villarreal I should be able to do better this week.

xbhaskarx

New York City FC surpass 15,000 season tickets for season; open 400 level at Yankee Stadium

Tom Glick, President of New York City FC, said:

“Demand for seats for this historic game has been tremendous and momentum is growing by the day. It was only ten days ago that we announced that the 300 level will be open. Now with more than 30,000 sold, we have decided to open even more seats. New Yorkers clearly want to be part of this landmark moment for our Club and for soccer and we are giving them every opportunity to come and support their new team.”

Yankee Stadium, as configured for New York City FC matches, will typically hold 27,528 fans, but an exception is being made to expand and open up the entire stadium to accommodate the huge demand for this historic game.

Sporting Director Claudio Reyna commented on hitting 15,000 season tickets, saying:

“It is incredible how fast our fan base is growing. We have added another 1,000 Founding Members in less than two weeks. Our team is excited for Sunday and can’t wait to play for New York City and for our new fans.”

More than 60% of season ticket holders are buying their first season ticket for any professional sport.

Meier

Just pipped Kettle of Vultures to first place in week 1. Hopefully my defense provides a little help this week.. I'm hoping the lack of Shay Facey was down to not receiving his international clearance or something in time for the game. He was NYC's best defender in their preseason games and should be starting.

Just pipped Kettle of Vultures to first place in week 1. Hopefully my defense provides a little help this week.. I'm hoping the lack of Shay Facey was down to not receiving his international clearance or something in time for the game. He was NYC's best defender in their preseason games and should be starting.

Congrats sir

I finished a respectable 6th which isnt bad for half my squad not doing shit. Gotta do some shrewd business this transfer window.

I didn't want to be #1 this early anyways. I'd have too many crosshairs on my back.

Is anyone subscribed to MLS Live this season? Do they still have the extended highlights and condensed matches available?

Thinking about buckling and grabbing my subscription. Not impressed by the highlights they've been posting on their YouTube channel.

Is anyone subscribed to MLS Live this season? Do they still have the extended highlights and condensed matches available?

Thinking about buckling and grabbing my subscription. Not impressed by the highlights they've been posting on their YouTube channel.
I just checked and it looks like they have full matches and condensed matches up. The Quakes-FCD condensed match runs about ~18 min.

Askani

Bone headed play in the box to give France a PK. Solo says, "It's okay, I'll just save it."

Still 2-0 USWNT.

EDIT :::::

Game. 10th win for the USWNT out of 22 iterations of this tournament.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
great goal, press! good stuff from uswnt after a rocky stretch. hope they can keep this momentum up heading into the world cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom