• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
The US U17s have had a ton of chances.. constant threat. Lacking the real goalscoring threat though it seems..
Fun watching a relatively skilled youth team from the US, and amusing to be physically outmatched for once. They've looked good so far, but they need to finish something. Pulisic has good handles.

Meier

It really, really is

Looks like something out of a manga. One of those biker dude types.

CALXNJzUQAAZ1cd.jpg:large

Meier

Fun watching a relatively skilled youth team from the US, and amusing to be physically outmatched for once. They've looked good so far, but they need to finish something. Pulisic has good handles.

Perez is ever present on the wing but it seems like we have no actual striker.

tbm24

Got back from the NYCFC game, Yankee stadium was amazing, admittedly my first time there, but the atmosphere was amazing. Everyone was very into the game and the third rail was not as obnoxious as I thought they'd be. Game was amazing as well, looking forward to the rest of the season. Going to be the first time I follow MLS like I do my other leagues, hope you partake with the rest of you as the season gets on.

Also quick video I caught of the 2nd goal. Was well deserved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWwJ3bj6ZGk

Cystm

Got back from the NYCFC game, Yankee stadium was amazing, admittedly my first time there, but the atmosphere was amazing. Everyone was very into the game and the third rail was not as obnoxious as I thought they'd be. Game was amazing as well, looking forward to the rest of the season. Going to be the first time I follow MLS like I do my other leagues, hope you partake with the rest of you as the season gets on.

Glad to have you, duder.

Heretic

US scored on the 2nd PK

xo - ox

The announcer from Univision Deportes totally guessed that second Jamaican PK lol

US Jam
xoo - ox

Late post, but David Villa has still got it. He completely transformed the game out there and will make NYCFC a tough match every week. I'm convinced he's the ideal NY athlete. Charming, handsome, and talented. He'll work on his English and be a billboard feature in no time. Huge get for the MLS. I have Spaniard friends that tuned in just for him.

That stadium was embarrassing, however. It was way too crowded for any natural build up to happen, and the pace reminds me of my 7 vs 7 indoor days. The broadcast was careful to not focus on the near sideline, since it was a massive eyesore. If I'm Villa, I'm thinking WTF. Great fan turnout, so kudos to them.

Dartastic

Fuck everything. That was our ducking game.

Sad edit: At least we showed that we are on level with the Galaxy, and we did very well. We should have won that. Fuck. I am drunk and I am glad Postmates exists because they're bringing me Popeyes. Sigh.

GODDAMNIT.

Cystm

Fuck everything. That was our ducking game.

Sad edit: At least we showed that we are on level with the Galaxy, and we did very well. We should have won that. Fuck. I am drunk and I am glad Postmates exists because they're bringing me Popeyes. Sigh.

GODDAMNIT.

Just imagine how much better you are going to be when Valeri and Johnson are back in good health.

Also, you are about to eat Popeyes while drunk. Things are not so bad.

Sciaretta said:
The first 18 MLS games this season have drawn 450,598 for an average of 25,033
Obviously, the average won't stay that high, but it's a great start. With Chivas out and the Quakes in their new stadium, we should see a decent bump this year. NYCFC and Orlando should help, as well.

xbhaskarx

I had to go to a play in SF today so I missed both games... luckily I caught the penalty kicks for the U-17s.

After watching the condensed matches (the highlight videos suck now, it's pretty much just the goals):
- I feel sorry for Timbers fans, they always seem to be dealing with heartbreak
- The field may be tiny, the stands may be at awkward, and the camera angle may be terrible, but the NYCFC crowd looked great... can't complain about 43,507 attendance.

Brian Sciaretta @BrianSciaretta · 2 hours ago
The first 18 MLS games this season have drawn 450,598 for an average of 25,033

Edit: lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom