• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1lla21

Hey, I'm happy.

It'd be hilarious if Herediano makes the final considering they only entered the group stage because Belmopan didn't have a suitable stadium to play in.
As an America fan, I am not :( they are pure shit right now.
Oh really? I didn't know that. Haha

Osorio

As an America fan, I am not :( they are pure shit right now.
Oh really? I didn't know that. Haha

Y'all are still 3rd in the league.

I'm a Pumas fan. We've been shit.

Also, I heard Herediano is 5th in their league at the moment. What a strange result.

gutshot

Wow, Ronaldo might move to the MLS?

*sees "in 2018"*

Oh.

Why is this even news? 3 years is a long time and so much can happen between now and then that it is sorta pointless to speculate or discuss this scenario.

xbhaskarx

Pro soccer league kicks for Bay Area franchise
Two potential ownership groups are vying for a Bay Area franchise in the second-division North American Soccer League.
The would-be Bay Area team has no owner or place to play — yet — but Peterson said San Francisco is "a city that holds a lot of interest for us."

Without naming names, Peterson said one ownership group includes locals; the other is a "foreign ownership group." The four-year-old league, he said, could make a decision to award a franchise to one of the groups in "the next couple months."

Hopefully this is more real than Virginia, or OKC, or the Canadian Football League - NASL partnership, or Kim Kardashian owning a team in LA...

xbhaskarx

SF City FC @SFCityFC

We've received inquires regarding the SF Business Times NASL article published yesterday mentioning potential NASL SF expansion.

We can confirm that we have made initial contact to NASL regarding potential expansion.

xbhaskarx

Colorado Rapids ‏@ColoradoRapids
#Rapids96 partner with @Transamerica for major jersey sponsorship. Full story here: http://www.coloradorapids.com/news/2015/03/rapids-partner-transamerica-major-jersey-sponsorship

CAaJImQU8AA4b4f.jpg

But that building is in SF and the Quakes are now the only team without a jersey sponsor...

I don't know what's more interesting, Montreal representing north America in the club world cup, or them collapsing 4-1 away leading to an all Costa Rican final

Osorio

I don't know what's more interesting, Montreal representing north America in the club world cup, or them collapsing 4-1 away leading to an all Costa Rican final

I'd say any Champion League final poster reading: Montreal Impact vs. Herediano is more interesting.

CONCACAF

Updates from Sciaretta:
Mixed news on dual nationals today for U.S. Soccer. Desevio Payne to play for the U.S. U-20 team. Adam Henley to Wales for cap-tying games

FC Groningen spokesman confirmed to me today that right back Desevio Payne will play for the US U-20 team for the upcoming camp in London.

Desevio Payne has been seeing first team Eredivisie minutes recently with Groningen. He'll be a very nice pickup for the U.S. U-20 team

Also:
Gedion Zelalem no longer on the DFB site for the roster for the upcoming German U-18 friendlies vs. France

xbhaskarx

U.S. Soccer hires Belgian consulting firm

In its quest to "accelerate its mission of developing world-class players," U.S. Soccer has hired the Belgian consulting firm Double PASS.

Double PASS lists among its clients the Bundesliga, the English Premier League, the J-League and the federations of Germany, Belgium and Hungary.

“We are now ready to take on the challenge in your country to work together to produce more better players,” said Double PASS CEO Hugo Schoukens in a conference call with U.S. Soccer Development Academy (USSDA) club representatives on Wednesday. “The Double PASS USA project starts with what we call customization. It means the adaptation of our talent development model to the situational context of your country.”

USSDA Director Jared Micklos said the partnership begins with an analysis of MLS first teams, MLS Academy teams, and a selection of four other Development Academy teams.

“It’s a consulting project that has a large scope that has not been defined in all the exact details until we get through the evaluation task force,” Micklos said. “We’ll be looking at different geographies, different markets, different player pools, different sizes.”

The USSDA was launched in 2007 by the Federation and is now comprised of more than 100 clubs.

xbhaskarx

Mondelēz International, maker of Oreo, Ritz, Trident, Honey Maid, Sour Patch Kids, becomes official snack provider of MLS

The sponsorship bolsters the brands’ presence in the sport -- Mondelēz International became official snacks partner of US Soccer last year -- as they enter the second year of the #PassTheLove campaign, the company's largest multi-brand program which is designed to help spread the passion for soccer coast to coast.

The designation of "Official Snacks of MLS" extends to the cookie, candy, cracker and gum categories and will be inclusive of a series of globally-recognized brands operated by Mondelēz International, including: Oreo, Chips Ahoy, Ritz, Wheat Thins, Honey Maid, Newtons, Belvita, Trident, Dentyne, Stride and Sour Patch Kids, among others.

And the 2015 MLS Sour Patch Kids Rookie of the Year is...

xbhaskarx

Forbes: Seattle Sounders FC Most Expensive, Chicago Fire Least Expensive 2015 MLS Teams On Secondary Market
The league’s two new franchises are among the most expensive teams this season, but ticket prices remain reasonable across all 20 fields. Here’s a breakdown of each team’s ticket prices at the ticket booth this season, according to TiqIQ:

#20) Chicago Fire | Avg. Price: $34
#19) FC Dallas | Avg. Price: $46
#18) D.C. United | Avg. Price: $46
#17) Philadelphia Union | Avg. Price: $49
#16) Columbus Crew SC | Avg. Price: $51.05
#15) Vancouver Whitecaps FC | Avg. Price: $52.60
#14) Real Salt Lake | Avg. Price: $54.27
#13) Montreal Impact | Avg. Price: $58.50
#12) New England Revolution | Avg. Price: $62.04
#11) Sporting Kansas City | Avg. Price: $66.29
#10) LA Galaxy | Avg. Price: $69.77
#9) New York Red Bulls | Avg. Price: $70.36
#8) Orlando City SC | Avg. Price: $71.88
#7) Colorado Rapids | Avg. Price: $77.83
#6) Toronto FC | Avg. Price: $81.32
#5) Portland Timbers | Avg. Price: $85.70
#4) San Jose Earthquakes | Avg. Price: $85.72
#3) New York City FC | Avg. Price: $87.21
#2) Houston Dynamo | Avg. Price: $94.74
#1) Seattle Sounders FC | Avg. Price: $129.46

Wow Chicago is so far below the others. I'm surprised by how high Colorado is. San Jose went from 19th to 4th with their new stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom