• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting point from espn that with the idiotically expanded playoffs, teams don't care about winning, that a zero zero draw is just prefect because they don't need to fight for points

I agree.

Thanks Garber.for killing the entire regular season with your bull shit

1dgUJQG.jpg

About ready to kick off.

GRW810

Red Bulls looked very good. Some of the best play I've seen from us in a long time. Slick passing, dynamic attacking and two wonderfully taken goals. That win feels fantastic.

Mully

We looked really good today. We were strong in the midfield and up front. Our back is weak as usual, but we looked better than we usually do back there.

On another note, the bar over charged me for chicken hearts by $38 after the game so I gotta finagle my way home from NY Penn Station.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
We looked really good today. We were strong in the midfield and up front. Our back is weak as usual, but we looked better than we usually do back there.

I think part of that's due to DC looking like absolute shit going forward, but yea we looked great today. That BWP-Sam connection is going to be crazy once it starts gelling. Hopefully the midfield line-up looks more like this, as opposed to how it looked last week, going forward.

Osorio

Some points of the day:

I met a girl in a alternate '97 Metro jersey on my PATH train. She gave me her number.
I met an original ESC member on my PATH train. He gave me a free tall boy.

I love Metro.

Red Bull is the culture of the team at this point. People in my section didn't even know who Mike Petke was. It saddens me but I will form my own crew to establish an anti-corporate ownership agenda.

Lloyd Sam is our best player by far. This is sad.

DC's offense is garbage.

Viking Army are sellouts and turnt up for Rachel on MLSsoccer

Boi no Brasa or whatever has amazing eye candy.

Nice to get the win today. Quakes are still a little rough out there, but they seem more focused with better defined roles under Kinnear. Surprising that they have 6pts so far, and I'm pleased with that.

The stadium is awesome. Sight lines are great and there are lots of nice little touches that make it a good venue for watching a game.

Walked by the Garber-mobile on my way out today.

QUZ8Z0k.jpg

Well my captain saved my fantasy bacon again this week. My other 10 players could only score me an average of 2.8 points each but Bradley Wright Phillips came through with 26 of his own. I dropped down one place but that was expected and honestly should have been a lot worse. Not sure of my game plan on transfers yet for this week. I have to deal with injuries, red cards and national team duties. No team is on a bye at least or that wildcard would be very enticing,

Soar Vultures Soar

1 up LanDawgDew
67 189
2 down KettleOfVultures
54 188
3 down Meier's Manic Mancs
47 180
4 up Monster Hunter FC
74 174
5 same Petke's Sweaters II
53 166
5 up Bendik like Accam FC
56 166
7 up Judas Coyle Clarets
57 165
8 down Bricksquad
50 161
9 up Termina FC
53 158
10 up The Cannibal Club
55 157
11 down nesotenso 11
43 157
12 down Arsenal
44 152
13 down Doop or Die!
36 141
14 up Team ZZ
49 141
15 down Teuton Raiders FC
32 136
16 up Act FC
51 134
17 same San Diego FC
38 133
18 down brek bae
30 130
19 down AIP FC
32 129
20 up Witty Team Name S.C.
46 127
21 up London Tea Drinkers
46 126
22 down C.D. Brown Boys
30 120
23 down Forks SC
31 115
24 up Chicago Soccer Club
56 110
25 down Feeling Froggy FC
24 107
26 same Dark Templar FC
26 91

Meier

I have no clue why the game decided to make Serna my captain (of all people). Got a big fat double on a 0. :| It isn't showing people who have been called up yet as far as who won't be playing so hopefully they update that soon.

Cystm

Yeah, I was hoping to not have to cross reference a list since it's easy to miss a name. I am hoping they show them as "Out" on the squad and transfer list.. but I guess we'll see.

I just checked my roster and they are now marked red, indicating they are unavailable.

Just took them a bit to update.

- MLS Analyst on Week 3 action

A bit on the Quakes - the network map of the match demonstrates a few problems with the current lineup:

6HY88JF.jpg

This has average position on the field and the lines indicate passing frequency between any two players.

Almost all of the action is around the edges with very little moving up the middle through Alashe (27) and Koval (15). I think both of them might be useful as d-mids (with a little more experience), but right now they're mostly just pinging the ball out wide to the wingers, and it voids the center of the field as an attacking option. :/ Perhaps Pierazzi can play as more of a two-way player and open things up.

xbhaskarx

Remember the short few years when cities needed to have a stadium already planned to get a team?

Minnesota United has a stadium plan, they're just far more quiet about it than Sacramento has been with their railyards site. Their owner has an option to buy the land between the Twins ballpark and the farmers market. That's why MLS waited so long, if they couldn't get the stadium plan straightened out, the Vikings would get the MLS expansion as they're currently building a new stadium. As soon as the news came out on that plot of land, MLS went with them over the Vikings.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Just noticing Mix didn't get called up. Surprising given his form but good for NYC.

That's probably why, Klinsmann's got a ton of people to look at and Mix hasn't been with NYCFC very long. He's got other people that can fill Mix's role for two games.

xbhaskarx

I checked my team on Saturday and Ike Opara was grey. I assumed that mean he wasn't starting so I switched him out for Ramos from Orlando... and then Opara started and had 9 points.
They should do a better job explaining some of these things.

Chris R

So I'm wondering about a Sounders game, does the upper bowl ever get added for a match if everything else is sold out?

Was thinking about attending the Whitecaps match in August if I can make other vacation stuff happen around then, but the lower seating is basically sold out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom