• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mully

Real shame about NASL.

I was on board for the first full season since the Cosmos played at my college, but I saw the writing on the wall after the MLS began eyeing the USL rather than the NASL halfway through the season. Some of the Cosmos faithful still believe they'll be a D2 team. Some still believe they'll get the MLS bump and become the league's 3rd NY area team.

A few old teammates are playing for the Cosmos right now. I feel bad for them if they don't get out soon.

Osorio

Both protests suck. RedBullOut isn't about Petke. The firing of Petke was essentially the straw that broke the camel's back in terms of many fans' feelings about corporate ownership.

While I would prefer Petke over Marsch any fucking day, bringing Petke back would only be a palliative to the central problem. We're just a colony of an Austrian company's soccer empire.

NYCFC's plastic approach is the same, but at least they cover it up in local pride. Shit.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Man, I sure picked a great time to join ESC. Dat unity.

I was okay with both options of protest and I can see why people are angry that plans have changed, but some people want to support the team for the full 90.

One thing though, the Viking Army can suck a bag of dicks.

Mully

Got tickets in 202 for $10.26

Tells me the crowd should be shit tomorrow.
Damn. I guess I still got a deal for season tix, but I miss the days when we'd grab $12 tickets off StubHub the night before a game.

Sucks that our home opener won't be packed out against one of our biggest rivals, but I'll be happy to be there no matter what.

Man, I sure picked a great time to join ESC. Dat unity.

I was okay with both options of protest and I can see why people are angry that plans have changed, but some people want to support the team for the full 90.

One thing though, the Viking Army can suck a bag of dicks.

Are you going to Boi No Brasa before the game?

Osorio

Number one in the East as an expansion club is impressive and they look sharp. It's early to draw any conclusions other than they can compete. Red Bulls...eh. You're up against the marketing and money of Man City now.

Eh, not sure if you're aware but I'm the biggest Red Bull hater here. I wish NYC all the best marketing-wise so RB can finally sell the team

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Damn. I guess I still got a deal for season tix, but I miss the days when we'd grab $12 tickets off StubHub the night before a game.

Sucks that our home opener won't be packed out against one of our biggest rivals, but I'll be happy to be there no matter what.

Are you going to Boi No Brasa before the game?

I take the bus from Legends so no Boi No Brasa for me. I might go there a couple games this season, though.

Eh, not sure if you're aware but I'm the biggest Red Bull hater here. I wish NYC all the best marketing-wise so RB can finally sell the team

Sorry, I meant more of a collective "you" instead of you specifically.

Personally, I'm still neutral in terms of MLS and just enjoying the game. I'm torn between SKC and the Sounders for various reasons, but won't toss my hat either way just yet. Family all lives in KC and I'm a Chiefs and Royals fan, so that's the obvious choice. But I'm never moving back to KC and will be retiring from the military in the Seattle area in under a decade, so they present a better long term prospect for actually going to live games.

Right now we're stuck watching Rapids and Switchback games live, but I'm not a fan of either team.

My true soccer love will always be River Plate. :)

ZZMitch

I'd take a shit name like NY Stoics or NY democracy at this point

Metro would be a dream tho. Red and black stripes with gold trim

I'd buy this kit if that dream was realized heh. Red Bull can even be the sponsor! :p

MetroNYStarsHomeKit_zps2b593d06.png

Welp Cameron Porter only makes it 18 minutes before getting subbed off after an akaward landing. Hope the injury isn't too severe, I couldn't watch the replay. Jack Mac is on.

Osorio

Feels like Metro is one of very few teams in the league that doesn't have a British or Irish guy in the broadcast booth.

NYC has Joe Tolleson and the Irish guy that works for Bein Sports

I will be shocked if Pfeffer doesn't get suspended for that. Awful dumbass move to make for a young kid wanting to break into the starting xi. He had a good chance with Christian Maidana injured for the next 2-4 weeks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom