• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoplifter

I'm still in shock at how terrible that red was. I can be happy knowing it's getting rescinded, but that's fuck all to help us right now.

Brutal Quakes game yesterday. Not sure how they're going to cope with the absences (U23s, U20s, injuries to MPG/Goodson) in the upcoming stretch. The team was thin to begin with.

U23's underway against Costa Rica at the Toulon tournament:

U.S. u23 starting XI vs Costa in Toulon
Horton, O'Neill, Robinson, Serna, Turner, Alashe, Pelosi, Green, Hernandez, Kiesewetter, Morris.

EDIT: 1-1 at HT. Costa Rica free kick to go ahead. Alashe equalized after some nice work from Morris.

daegan

How the hell do you not call that?!
And yes I see the handball in the replay, fine, but a slide from behind in the box should be a straight red regardless

Judderman

drawer by drawer
What else is new?

Dane was so bad as a sub today, I would rather have seen Grella out there just blasting shots. We looked like we were petrified of the box in the 2nd half, awful crosses, no attempts at all to get in (Dane just kicking it and hoping someone would instantly teleport to get to it left me flabbergasted.). Fuuuuck.

U.S. Roster for the upcoming Netherlands/Germany friendlies:

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake), William Yarbrough (Leon).

Defenders: Ventura Alvarado (Club America), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Timmy Chandler (Eintracht Frankfurt), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders), Michael Orozco (Puebla), Brek Shea (Orlando City), DeAndre Yedlin (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Mix Diskerud (New York City FC), Miguel Ibarra (Minnesota United), Fabian Johnson (Moenchengladbach), Jermaine Jones (New England Revolution), Alfredo Morales (Ingolstadt), Danny Williams (Reading).

Forwards: Juan Agudelo (New England Revolution), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar), Bobby Wood (1860 Munich), Gyasi Zardes (Los Angeles Galaxy).

World Cup starters Matt Besler, Omar Gonzalez and Graham Zusi all left off U.S. roster because of coach’s decision. #usmnt

Am told Geoff Cameron and Greg Garza were omitted in order to take care of niggling injuries following long season. #usmnt

Bedoya is hurt, too, and Dempsey's wife is expecting.

daegan

Dane was so bad as a sub today, I would rather have seen Grella out there just blasting shots. We looked like we were petrified of the box in the 2nd half, awful crosses, no attempts at all to get in (Dane just kicking it and hoping someone would instantly teleport to get to it left me flabbergasted.). Fuuuuck.

Grella seems to look worse every week :/

Nesotenso

U.S. Roster for the upcoming Netherlands/Germany friendlies:

World Cup starters Matt Besler, Omar Gonzalez and Graham Zusi all left off U.S. roster because of coach’s decision. #usmnt

Am told Geoff Cameron and Greg Garza were omitted in order to take care of niggling injuries following long season. #usmnt

Bedoya is hurt, too, and Dempsey's wife is expecting.

Jurgen, or their club coach? I hope Omar plays during the gold cup. He has looked good this season. Can't say the same for Besler.

Jermaine Jones is out of the US friendlies with a groin strain. They are not adding anyone to take his place. This puts his Gold Cup participation into doubt if it's a long recovery.

Osorio

Guys tommorow there's a match between New York Cosmos and Cuba

A few of my family members are going. I'm just excited that the Cuban national team will be on ESPN again. Last time was that friendly in Havana a few years ago.

The Cosmos were received very well for their friendly against FAS a few months ago in San Salvador (FAS won 1-0). I expect the same reception in Cuba.

Greg Seltzer on Podolski:
Let's talk about a European star dude that eagerly wants to try out MLS - and one near his physical prime, no less. I am referring to Arsenal/Germany attacker Lukas Podolski. Orlando City rejected the chance to sign him late last year and fellow expansion side NYCFC eventually followed suit. I am told that the Gunners are now likely willing to A) loan him out intially & B) pay a considerable chunk of his salary. Seriously, everyone involved is pretty eager to get him moved across the Atlantic - he just needs a team that believes he's worth the expense.

So if your Major League Soccer crew is one versatile, dynamic offensive threat away from contending and has a DP slot to burn, get 'em on the horn already.

Seattle and Vancouver drawn into the same group, Group F

edit:

Group A

W Connection (TRI)
Deportivo Saprissa (CRC)
Santos Laguna (MEX)

Group B

Isidro Metapán (SLV)
Herediano (CRC)
Tigres UANL (MEX)

Group C

Verdes FC (BLZ)
San Francisco (PAN)
Querétaro FC (MEX)

Group D

Central FC (TRI)
Comunicaciones (GUA)
LA Galaxy (USA)

Group E

Walter Ferretti (NCA)
Motagua (HON)
Club América (MEX)

Group F

Vancouver Whitecaps (CAN)
Olimpia (HON)
Seattle Sounders (USA)

Group G

Santa Tecla FC (SLV)
Municipal (GUA)
Real Salt Lake (USA)

Group H

Montego Bay United (JAM)
Árabe Unido (PAN)
DC United (USA)

Azuran

Banned
Group F looks insane. Two Cascadia rivals and MLS leaders and one of the top teams in Central America.

Should be a fun one.

Nesotenso

The U-20 team played really well. Passing and the technical ability on display was much better. Don't really have any complaints with any of the players performances. But it is clear Acosta is not comfortable playing LB. Zelalem is very calm on the ball and has good vision.

Nice for the US to have an easy win in an international tournament for once. It's a rarity.

Zelalem assist, Arriola goal:

PinkHoarseJellyfish.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom