• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
CGHHzc4UEAAXvhC.jpg:large

http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/content/san-jose-host-2016-att-mls-all-star-game

Osorio

Fourth round listings for US Open Cup (June 16-17)

The full Fourth Round schedule, with home teams listed first:

June 16, 7:30 pm ET, PPL Park
Philadelphia Union vs. Rochester Rhinos (USL)
June 16, 7:30 pm ET, Red Bull Arena
New York Red Bulls vs. Atlanta Silverbacks (NASL)
June 16, 8:30 pm ET, Sporting Park
Sporting Kansas City vs. Saint Louis FC (USL)
June 16, 8:30 pm ET, Toyota Park
Chicago Fire vs. Louisville City (USL)
June 16, 9 pm ET, TCU Soccer Stadium
FC Dallas vs. OKC Energy (USL)
June 16, 9 pm ET, Dick's Sporting Goods Park
Colorado Rapids vs. Colorado Springs Switchbacks (USL)
June 16, 10 pm ET, Rio Tinto Stadium
Real Salt Lake vs. Seattle Sounders 2 (USL)
June 16, 10:30 pm ET, Avaya Stadium
San Jose Earthquakes vs. Sacramento Republic (USL)
June 16, 10:30 pm ET, Starfire Stadium
Seattle Sounders vs. Portland Timbers
June 17, 7 pm ET, Richmond City Stadium
Richmond Kickers (USL) vs. Columbus Crew SC
June 17, 7 pm ET, Highmark Stadium
Pittsburgh Riverhounds (USL) vs. D.C. United
June 17, 7:30 pm ET, Shuart Stadium
New York Cosmos (NASL) vs. New York City FC
June 17, 7:30 pm ET, Blackbaud Stadium
Charleston Battery (USL) vs. Orlando City
June 17, 7:30 pm ET, Soldiers Field
New England Revolution vs. Charlotte Independence (USL)
June 17, 9 pm ET, BBVA Compass Stadium
Houston Dynamo vs. Austin Aztex (USL)
June 17, 10:30 pm ET, StubHub Center
LA Galaxy vs. PSA Elite (USASA Reg. IV)

I didnt know this.

FOX Sports is planning the most expansive and comprehensive multi-platform coverage ever of the FIFA Women’s World Cup™ when the 2015 tournament in Canada kicks off in just over two weeks, including an unprecedented 16 matches airing live on FOX broadcast network.

FOX Sports is televising all 52 games live from six cities across Canada between June 6 and July 5, live on FOX; FOX Sports 1, America’s fastest growing sports network; and FOX Sports 2. Digitally, all games are available on tablets and mobile devices via the FOX Sports GO app and online at www.FOXSportsGO.com.

No broadcast network has ever televised 16 FIFA Women’s or Men’s World Cup matches in a single tournament, and the 2015 event marks the first time since 2003 that any FIFA Women’s World Cup™ matches are scheduled for over-the-air broadcast in the U.S. In addition to the 16 matches committed to FOX, five of which are in prime time and include one semifinal, the third-place match on July 4 and final on July 5, FOX Sports 1 carries 29 matches, including all eight in the round of 16, two quarterfinals and one semifinal. The remaining seven games are slated for FOX Sports 2.

Combining games with anticipated pregame, postgame and complementary programming, FOX Sports is expected to provide almost 200 hours of coverage from FIFA Women’s World Cup 2015™ averaging between six and seven hours a day over the month-long tournament.

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...hedule-for-fifa-women-s-world-cup-2015-052015

Disney can kindly fuck off. All hail Fox!

On my phone, but wanted to note that Gulati just made a few comments. He's voting for Ali tomorrow and said Canada will do so as well. He thinks the vote will be closer than people expect. Sounds like the Copa Centenario is in doubt at this point, but they're going to worry about getting through the Gold Cup first.

- US Soccer: U-23 MNT Rebounds with Big 3-1 Win over Netherlands
USA: 1-Cody Cropper; 3-Boyd Okwuonu (18-Jalen Robinson, 72), 5-Will Packwood, 4-Shane O’Neill, 7-Dillon Serna; 8-Benji Joya (capt.) (10-Marc Pelosi, 55); 13-Fatai Alashe; 17-Jerome Kiesewetter, 16-Julian Green (15-Alfred Koroma Shams, 67), 9-Jordan Morris, 11-Alonso Hernandez (16-Daniel Metzger, 64)
- MLS Analyst: On the radar for Week 13 of the 2015 MLS season
- US Soccer: Meet the 2015 U-20 Men's World Cup Team (First game is tonight against Myanmar at midnight ET on FS1)

Weekend MLS action:

U.S. U-20 Starting XI for World Cup opener: Steffen, Moore, Miazga, Carter-Vickers, Acosta, Delgado, Allen, Soñora, Hyndman (c), Rubin, Tall

Zelalem on the bench.

Askani

SKC is currently dismantling FCD.

U.S. U20s kick off in about an hour against Myanmar.

You weren't kidding. I decided to play Heroes of the Storm instead of watching. That was a mistake.

Nemeth was off on the first goal for what it's worth, but I'll take it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I missed the second half. How was Zelzalaemem?

He looked good. He had some good passes. I swear he's got glue on his shoes or something, it's insane. I want to see what he can do over a full 90.

I feel like we definitely played better in the second half.

Clydefrog

I mean he wasn't running around like a golden god or something, but you could definitely see what Wenger and Klinsmann see. If they're careful with his development he'll be something to see. Not ready for the senior squad yet though.

image.php

haha, I know. Interested to see how this tournament plays out for him.

A squeaky win against Myanmar isn't exactly what I had hoped for our young boys.

I'm watching a bit of the 2nd half. Zelalem looked slick on the ball, but like most of the other players in the US midfield, he doesn't have much chemistry with the other players. Lots of balls that were misplaced because he assumed someone was making a run, etc...

EDIT: Of the other players, I thought Rubin and Hyndman looked good. Not surprising as they're the only two to have full USMNT call ups so far.

Nesotenso

The biggest issue was not playing through the midfield often, especially in the first half. Lots of turnovers because of being caught in possession. Not enough playing along the ground and making Burmese players chase the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom