• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me rn

TltyKOx.gif

Mully

Requested a ban for 6 months to focus on school, work, and be away from GAF. Phone number can be seen in quote.

I'll be at most Metro games going forward. Might miss a few in August to visit family back home.

Cystm

Requested a ban for 6 months to focus on school, work, and be away from GAF. Phone number can be seen in quote.

I'll be at most Metro games going forward. Might miss a few in August to visit family back home.

Good shit. See you on the other side, duder.

Dartastic

Used my wild card to completely retool my fantasy squad. I wasn't doing BAD but I felt like I could do much better and I had too many transfers to make in order to maximize points. What do you guys think? I think it's fairly balanced, with a good use of medium priced players that perform well and at the same time maximizes the attack.

V5xktDkl.jpg

TEAMoftheWEEK-2015-12.jpg

GK: Brian Sylvestre (Philadelphia Union) – Made multiple timely saves on the road as the Union got another three points against the East's elite.

D: Amadou Dia (Sporting Kansas City) – Filled in nicely at left back with all of the injuries SKC are dealing with at the position, helping the team secure four points in four days.

D: Laurent Ciman (Montreal Impact) – Kept things mostly solid in the back for the Impact as they beat a potent FC Dallas side, 2-1.

D: Andrew Farrell (New England Revolution) – Sat out Wednesday night and came back Saturday with a vengeance. Had an immense night in trying conditions, throwing his body around, making timely challenges, and doing what needed to be done to preserve a result for the shorthanded Revolution.

D: Fabinho (Philadelphia Union) – Got a spot start at left back in place of the injured Ray Gaddis and had what Jim Curtin called his best game ever with the Union. Produced a great assist and made some important clearances in the Union's 2-0 victory.

M: Sebastian Giovinco (Toronto FC) – Was active, engaged and aggressive from the onset. He scored a well-taken goal from distance, but also pulled off a number of helpful flicks and orchestrated several of TFC’s dangerous attacks in TFC's 1-0 win.

M: Lucas Pittinari (Colorado Rapids) – Scored the first goal of his MLS career but was also bulldog defensively, making six tackles, as the Rapids beat the Whitecaps at home.

M: Benny Feilhaber (Sporting Kansas City) – Had a typically classy, cultured box-to-box performance against the Revs and followed it up with another strong performance against the Sounders.

M: Fabian Castillo (FC Dallas) – Was electric in a losing effort for Dallas, wreaking havoc on defenders all night long.

F: Kei Kamara (Columbus Crew SC) – Two goals and could’ve bagged a hat trick. His back-to-goal play was also generally excellent, flicking on sharp passes and luring the Fire defenders out of shape in Crew SC's draw.

F: Krisztian Nemeth (Sporting Kansas City) – Two goals and a night of clever, calculating and clinical wing play on Wednesday. He then followed that up with some solid play in Seattle.

Coach: Jim Curtin (Philadelphia Union) – The Union boss has to be feeling a little better after a rough start to the season as his team finally earned their first win at Red Bull Arena.

Bench: Evan Bush (Montreal Impact), Axel Sjoberg (Colorado Rapids), Kevin Ellis (Sporting Kansas City), Vincent Nogueira (Philadelphia Union), Benoit Cheyrou (Toronto FC), Ignacio Piatti (Montreal Impact), Alvaro Saborio (Real Salt Lake)

Dartastic

Okay. If we manage to pick up 6 points over the next two games (both of which will be played in a very short time span) I'll promise not to freak out. If we can't even pick up three though........ yeah. Freak out time. Also, I'll wonder WTF is actually happening with my team.

Okay. If we manage to pick up 6 points over the next two games (both of which will be played in a very short time span) I'll promise not to freak out. If we can't even pick up three though........ yeah. Freak out time. Also, I'll wonder WTF is actually happening with my team.

I'm surprised how quick the Timbers fell back to Earth.

Askani

Sporting Kansas City ‏@SportingKC 6m
JUST IN: #SportingKC and Luis Marin mutually agree to terminate contract.

Details --> http://bit.ly/1GDyaQP

Sporting Kansas City ‏@SportingKC 6m
In addition, #SportingKC homegrown goalkeeper @JonKempin21 has been recalled from his loan to @SAScorpions.

Came out of nowhere but I can't say I'm upset about it. Melia has been better IMO than Marin and I'm a supporter of Kempin. Still, we'll need a third keeper again.

MLS and US news...

- MLS Analyst: Trust issues, the Century Club and other Week 12 MLS thoughts
- Power Rankings from MLSSoccer
- Cody Cropper On The Move
The U-23 goalkeeper was released by Southampton after a three-year tenure with no appearances for the senior team
- ASN: U.S. U-23s Face a Difficult Road in Toulon Tournament
- SI: Report: Avaya Stadium to host 2016 MLS All-Star Game
- SI: Week 12 Power Rankings
- ESPNFC: Power Rankings
- World Cup vet Julian Green the headliner as US U-23s name roster for Toulon Tournament
GOALKEEPERS (3): Cody Cropper (Southampton; Maple Grove, Minn.), Charlie Horton (Cardiff City; Cleveland, Ohio), Tyler Miller (Zweibrücken; Woodbury, NJ)

DEFENDERS (7): Juan Pablo Ocegueda (Alebrijes de Oaxaca; Riverside, Calif.), Boyd Okwuonu (Real Salt Lake; Edmond, Okla.), Shane O'Neill (Colorado Rapids; Boulder, Colo.), Will Packwood (Unattached; Concord, Mass.), Jalen Robinson (D.C. United; Catonsville, Md.), Dillon Serna (Colorado Rapids; Brighton, Colo.), Sam Strong (UCSB; Santa Barbara, Calif.)

MIDFIELDERS (4): Fatai Alashe (San Jose Earthquakes; Northville, Mich.), Benji Joya (Santos Laguna; San Jose, Calif.), Dan Metzger (New York Red Bulls II; Holmdel, NJ), Marc Pelosi (Liverpool; Sunnyvale, Calif.)

FORWARDS (5): Julian Green (Bayern Munich; Tampa, Fla.); Alonso Hernandez (Monterrey; El Paso, Tex.), Jerome Kiesewetter (Stuttgart; Berlin, Germany), Alfred Koroma Shams (Austin Aztex; Southlake, Tex.), Jordan Morris (Stanford; Mercer Island, Wash.)

Also, the U23s are kicking off against France at the Toulon tournament in a few hours:

USA vs France
Stade Leo Lagrange - Toulon France
Wednesday, May 27th
1 PM (ET) on BeIN Sports

Lineup should be up in an hour or so.

Sounds like it could be. Loretta Lynch just announced that there were $110 million in bribes related solely to the Copa America Centenario.

I mean, we all knew that the 2016 was a blatant money grab, but damn.

"Guys lets celebrate our history by holding the centennial in another region! Oh, and we'll do it in a country half of you despise!"

Osorio

Do you guys think this shake up of CONCACAF will improve things for the confederation and its members, or did the corruption mostly affect CONCACAF's influence on FIFA's global projects?

Do you guys think this shake up of CONCACAF will improve things for the confederation and its members, or did the corruption mostly affect CONCACAF's influence on FIFA's global projects?

I think itll mean an end to closed circuit pay per view broadcasts of international matches held in certain countries.

Fucking Traffic sports.

And hopefully the end of the BEIN era. Nobody has that channel, they can fuck right off with all their holdings.

US lineup for the France friendly:

The U-23 #USMNT lineup v. France: Cropper; Okwuonu, Packwood, O'Neill, Ocegueda; Joya (c), Metzger, Pelosi; Kiesewetter, Morris, Green

Match is on BeIN sports.

US lineup for the France friendly:

The U-23 #USMNT lineup v. France: Cropper; Okwuonu, Packwood, O'Neill, Ocegueda; Joya (c), Metzger, Pelosi; Kiesewetter, Morris, Green

Match is on BeIN sports.
US dropped a 3-1 result to France. Supposedly the backline was awful and the US were hammered in the first half. Jordan Morris had the US goal towards the end.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Yedlin got 90 minutes today for Spurs against the Malaysia all stars. Looked good, showed off lots of pace. Made a couple real nice crosses in. Solid stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom