• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylineRKR

Good job Americans. We are complete dog shit since our bronze medal. Hiddink's coaching antics deserve a hammering.

Defense is absolutely fucking terrible. Its comical even.

tumblr_n7liob34Vb1ry6fnao1_400.gif

mm04

Great match result. Bradley, MOTM. No surprise that things turned once Shea and Beckerman left. Beckerman is just too slow versus competition like this. Shea in particular (along with Brooks) had bad moments defending. Yedlin perhaps was being saved for Germany, but he was worlds better than Shea was.

ZZMitch

Our 4 goal scorers were Gyasi Zardes, John Brooks, Danny Williams and Bobby Wood.

Its a brave new world ladies and gentlemen...

Bradley's near end to end run was undoubtedly one of the greatest in US history. His footwork was impeccable and the ball to Morris to set up Wood was sublime.

He is something else...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh thank god, they called it back. I don't think I could handle another loss. Marsch needs to make a good acquisition during the window, Red Bull needs to spend some money on someone.

Dartastic

Oh thank god, they called it back. I don't think I could handle another loss. Marsch needs to make a good acquisition during the window, Red Bull needs to spend some money on someone.
The Timbers need to also. We need to dump Adi and spend some money on a real goddamn DP.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
OH FUCK ME! Are you serious?! Four? FOUR? Miazga cannot be this integral to our defense, something stinks and it ain't the streets full of pigeon shit.

And here's the Univision call of the last two goals. Includes Bradley's full run:

http://screamer.deadspin.com/its-really-true-america-won-fifa-we-are-the-best-1709389797
I'm watching this again. Awesome that while Bradley is making his run, the announcer is asking who has more heart, desire, and hunger at this point in the game. Michael Bradley, that's who.

Leander sounds so bitter in his write-up, lol.
Ha ha. He's usually a curmudgeon, but having a Klinsmann led team beat the Netherlands in Amsterdam really brought out the best of him.

Hi guys, I've made an OT for the Fifa U-20 World Cup currently on in New Zealand. Group stages end this weekend and you will be pleased to know that the USA has qualified for the round of 16.
Thanks for putting that together.

Altidore on the bench for TFC tonight. Good news for his potential Gold Cup availability.

There's a slew of MLS games coming up in the next few hours since they avoided the CL final earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom