• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hieberrr

I'm not liking how were starting the second half. Columbus with like 95% of the possession so far. Quit playing goofball, damn it!

Dartastic

I just want to add that I WANT Deuce to do well. Country before club. That being said. that first goal by Dempsey was directly due to Paparatto being shit, which has been a problem this whole year. Dempsey didn't do anything special. If he DIDN'T finish that, I would have been horribly disappointed.

...he can fuck right off after June though. :p

CobbFC09

You can share all you want.

As for 2 users at the same time, I don't think you can on the same type of device. E.g. if you're in a computer, you can't sign in on another computer at the same time. I'm streaming the TFC match now and just started the Vancouver-Colorado stream on my phone and both had no issues.

As for blackouts, there is a workaround 95% of the time with services like ZenMate or some other VPN.
Hmm..that's odd how you can't on the same device. I also live in Georgia so blackouts wouldn't be a concern. Thanks for the info though.

xbhaskarx

Who the hell is Jose Mari, he had two nice goals for Colorado including probably the goal of the week... never heard of the dude until ten minutes ago

Edit:
A ball-winning, possession-oriented defensive midfielder, José Mari has played his entire professional career in Spain before coming to the Rapids.
Was most recently with Real Zaragoza, where he played 16 La Liga matches and several other Cup matches in 2012-13, continuing into the 2013-14 season when the team was in the second division.

Deuce hat trick :O

Dartastic are you ok post if ur ok

I knew I was going to be too late to post this, but I was going to add this:
Timbers-Army.gif

Dartastic

I knew I was going to be too late to post this, but I was going to add this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TNpns7_xwcY/UpLIrRSFG8I/AAAAAAAAAgQ/dvsXDOVFsRw/s1600/Timbers-Army.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Is it too late to post the hilarious "welcome to your nightmare" tifo as well?

PS. The Sounders tifo for this game was awful. I get it. Merritt's dad sucks. But like, you can't draw that kind of comparison because its just terrible. You've spent the most (maybe second most? Don't remember because of Bradley) amount of money on a player in the league. When I'm less drunk and not trying to watch Parks and Rec I'll find the Tifo because it was just that dumb.

Nesotenso

same old SKC. dominate everything but no goal. Peter Vermes is tactically clueless. The world is not going to end if you put in two forwards Peter.

Akim

Banned
Is it too late to post the hilarious "welcome to your nightmare" tifo as well?

PS. The Sounders tifo for this game was awful. I get it. Merritt's dad sucks. But like, you can't draw that kind of comparison because its just terrible. You've spent the most (maybe second most? Don't remember because of Bradley) amount of money on a player in the league. When I'm less drunk and not trying to watch Parks and Rec I'll find the Tifo because it was just that dumb.

pic? didn't see it

Socreges

Banned
Fairly stupid that the MLS community is in a thread called "American Soccer OT". Three Canadian teams, brothers! Not very inclusive!

ZZMitch

Fairly stupid that the MLS community is in a thread called "American Soccer OT". Three Canadian teams, brothers! Not very inclusive!

This was originally a thread to discuss the US national team and its players but now covers MLS as well because a stand alone MLS thread doesn't get enough posts really.

If you want to discuss the Canadian national team then feel free!

xbhaskarx

Atlanta confirmed as Major League Soccer’s next expansion market

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...jor-League-Soccers-next-expansion-market.html

Major League Soccer’s wave of expansion across the south is headed to the region’s biggest metropolis.

Multiple sources with knowledge of the situation have confirmed to me that Atlanta will be officially awarded MLS’ 22nd franchise later this month.

Although a spokesperson for the league said that a formal agreement has not yet been finalized, I’ve heard seprarately that a public announcement could come very soon. One source targeted April 16 as a date to watch for official confirmation.

The team will be run in association with the NFL’s Atlanta Falcons, whose owner, Arthur Blank, has been in negotiations with MLS for some time. Blank also founded the Home Depot chain, which is a major commercial sponsor of both MLS and the U.S. Soccer Federation.

Atlanta’s MLS team will be a co-tenant with the Falcons in their new outdoor stadium, which is set to open in 2017. From the renderings I’ve seen, the venue will be designed in such a way that the upper bowls can be partitioned off to create a smaller, more soccer-friendly atmosphere. It is a model similar to Vancouver’s B.C. Place.

The stadium will not, however, have natural grass. It will have an artificial playing surface, a fact that is likely to raise the ire of some soccer fans (and players).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom