• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Azuran

Banned
That game was fun. Sometimes I forget how much work Bradley and Seba put in the field until I watch them live again. They run so much.

Totally agree. In their statement, they're going to investigate it further, which should lead to further disciplinary actions. Ridiculous.

Do the investigation right and leave no room for any issues and ban him for life + press charges because that is beyond the worst thing I've seen in any sporting even ever. Like fuck. You can paralyze or potentially kill someone by doing that.

ZZMitch

Why couldn't he have just signed our deal. It was even more than the one he eventually signed. Ugh. Our DP probably won't even play this year either.. ffs.

He wanted to be closer to his family in LA so was willing to take less than at NE for that!

Also, the Crew SC locker room is a mess right now. Kamara shredded Higuain in the post-game interviews

Blue Lou

I have some sympathy for Romeo Parkes.

It was a silly thing to do but he's now lost his place of employment and the chances are he'll never play at a professional level in a developed country again.

Just got an All-Star game survey from MLS. They listed a few alternatives:
Below is a description of Major League Soccer’s current and potential All-Star Game formats. Please read through each description carefully and then answer the following question on preferred formats.

MLS All-Stars vs. Top European Club: The best players from around MLS square off against a top club from Europe. Past opponents include Manchester United, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, etc.

MLS All-Stars vs. LigaMX All-Stars: The best players from around MLS square off against the best players from LigaMX (Mexican League).

MLS Eastern Conference All-Stars vs. Western Conference All-Stars: The best players from the Eastern Conference square off against the best players from the Western Conference.

MLS North American All-Stars vs. World (non-North American) All-Stars: The best American and Canadian players square off against the best MLS players from the rest of the World.

MLS Captain vs. Captain Game: Modeled after fantasy sports, a player draft conducted by MLS All-Star captains determine the rosters for each team. The captains of each team select MLS players from a pool of both fan, player, and GM/Sporting Director balloting.

MLS Soccer Celebration Game: Imagine a new mid-Summer event hosted by Major League Soccer that would feature similar festivities around town as All-Star week (e.g., free concerts, skills competitions, etc.). However, instead of a traditional All-Star Game, there would be a regular season MLS game to cap off the weeks’ events
I'm in favor of going back to East vs West or something similar, but I doubt it's as much of a draw as playing a European team.

Arials

Interesting article in The Telegraph.

It's mainly about no MLS teams wanting to pay John Terry big money and where he might go instead but in the last paragraph it says this:

Incoming Chelsea manager Antonio Conte wants to sign at least one new central defender this summer, while 18-year-old Jake Clarke-Salter is likely to be the club’s fourth choice option in the position behind a new man, Kurt Zouma and Gary Cahill next season.

Looks like Chelsea have decided Miazga will be joining the loan farm in the summer.

Top Bottom