• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shittttt yessssss!

I didn't think it would actually happen.

Seems like you gave up a lot.

Steven GoffVerified account ‏@SoccerInsider 38m38 minutes ago
Kei Kamara to New England for General Allocation Money, Targeted Allocation Money, 2017 1st-round pick, 2018 2nd-rounder, intl roster slot

ZZMitch

Guys, the Revs are using all 3 DP roster spots.

Hell has frozen over

Seems like you gave up a lot.

Steven GoffVerified account ‏@SoccerInsider 38m38 minutes ago
Kei Kamara to New England for General Allocation Money, Targeted Allocation Money, 2017 1st-round pick, 2018 2nd-rounder, intl roster slot

Eh, we have no idea how much GAM/TAM it was (and we just got a bunch from the Jermaine Jones trade I believe). That 1st round pick is Colorado's (JJ Trade) and I believe we have another one because of that. 2nd picks are not that great usually. The extra international spot is pretty useless for the Revs. In the end I feel like we got the better end of the deal.

shoplifter

He's your problem now, Kraft. He's been a completely unprofessional twat for the last week and based on Precourt's tweet, even longer behind the scenes.

ngower

I'm a little concerned at how much we gave up, but we weren't gonna use it anyways so whatever.

I hope that Kamara plays with the same fire as JJ is in Colorado right now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I CALLED IT!

It's not like Agudelo has been lighting the world on fire and holy shit the Revs are using all 3 DP slots. Hell has frozen over. Or melted. Depending on which interpretation of hell you prefer.

Cystm

More bench time for Agudelo. :/

What a waste. Hope he can go somewhere that will give him a start.

EnM9WIgvsQPwQ.gif

ngower

What a waste. Hope he can go somewhere that will give him a start.

EnM9WIgvsQPwQ.gif

Juan is in the top 11 in terms of minutes played on the team (albeit at a significant drop from 10). He and Rowe are versatile enough where they get plenty of minutes. Juan was also injured for about a month, so he'll see plenty of playing time.

Cystm

Juan is in the top 11 in terms of minutes played on the team (albeit at a significant drop from 10). He and Rowe are versatile enough where they get plenty of minutes. Juan was also injured for about a month, so he'll see plenty of playing time.

We'll take Davies then!
cf97 is lacking on creativity in the midfield or up front. Kennedy is having his best season with us, but Swags is better than Gilberto.

Great 2-2 draw against LA last night. Didn't get steamrolled and probably should've gotten a third goal considering we outshot them 22-4. Gotta get that finishing game up.

I'm proud of the team. They didn't give up like the old Union of past and actually fought back. We might be for real.

imBask

Banned
Great 2-2 draw against LA last night. Didn't get steamrolled and probably should've gotten a third goal considering we outshot them 22-4. Gotta get that finishing game up.

I'm proud of the team. They didn't give up like the old Union of past and actually fought back. We might be for real.

as usual i'm going to the game against you guys on saturday, I should make a Jon Arbuckle sign

shoplifter

I heard he was heading to Milan. Galaxy doesn't have a free slot until the end of the season.

The league will make one somehow.

Kei has done nothing but yell at teammates on the pitch for not getting him the ball and and stay offside after making runs this season. Many of us just assumed it was frustration at how matches were going and once we got a few wins everything would go back to normal, but now we're left wondering if he wasn't partly the cause of the strife.

Him complaining that Pipa doesn't give him the ball seems to me like petulance because it's rarely on Pipa to pass directly to him, rather that he gets the ball to our wingers/fbs to cross. I can only imagine how much of a problem he could have been in the locker room if he's making the public comments he was.

Given that he's been with eight clubs in ten years, something tells me that the problem isn't with the Crew. When we brought him back we were all apprehensive that we'd get 'bad Kei' and it looks like it took 18 months for it to come to a head. He's basically a less talented Adebayor.

ZZMitch

Just got my tickets to the game against Dallas. I am embarrassed to say this is actually my first time seeing the Revs at home (I have seen them play a bunch of times in Toronto while at school).

Also, thanks for the ride offer Act Striker! My mom is actually coming down from Maine to pick me up from the airport and take us to visit uncles in Franklin before the game. She is gunna go to the game too so I don't need a ride. I brought her to the USAvsHaiti game last summer and she enjoyed it a lot so I hope she will like this game too!

She is still learning about important soccer things like the difference between MLS club and USMNT but I think she is getting better haha.

Just got my tickets to the game against Dallas. I am embarrassed to say this is actually my first time seeing the Revs at home (I have seen them play a bunch of times in Toronto while at school).

Also, thanks for the ride offer Act Striker! My mom is actually coming down from Maine to pick me up from the airport and take us to visit uncles in Franklin before the game. She is gunna go to the game too so I don't need a ride. I brought her to the USAvsHaiti game last summer and she enjoyed it a lot so I hope she will like this game too!

She is still learning about important soccer things like the difference between MLS club and USMNT but I think she is getting better haha.

Fort?

People keep saying Zlatan "has to be" going to LAFC. But, there is no way its LAFC.

They don't start playing until 2018, and Zlatan is 34. He isn't going to wait 2 years for that team, he might even retire by the time they start playing. He's already hinted at retirement.

He's going to the Galaxy because fuck everyone

If Gerrard leaves and he fills his slot then, ok fine. But if the league makes up ANOTHER NEW RULE, MIDSEASON to sign him. We need to protest. Because this is getting ridiculous. The league cannot keep doing this and pretend to be competitive or serious. Imagine any other top league like the NFL, MLB or NBA in this day and age doing that. There would be riots. Nobody would tolerate it and ESPN would go into a meltdown.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
LA isn't the only team that has benefited from MLS bending the rules or going out of their way to get a player to sign with a specific team.

ngower

People keep saying Zlatan "has to be" going to LAFC. But, there is no way its LAFC.

They don't start playing until 2018, and Zlatan is 34. He isn't going to wait 2 years for that team, he might even retire by the time they start playing. He's already hinted at retirement.

He's going to the Galaxy because fuck everyone

If Gerrard leaves and he fills his slot then, ok fine. But if the league makes up ANOTHER NEW RULE, MIDSEASON to sign him. We need to protest. Because this is getting ridiculous. The league cannot keep doing this and pretend to be competitive or serious. Imagine any other top league like the NFL, MLB or NBA in this day and age doing that. There would be riots. Nobody would tolerate it and ESPN would go into a meltdown.

LA weren't in MLS Cup final last season so they need to make a rule to keep them competitive.

But seriously, they shouldn't do this. LA don't even NEED Zlatan with Keane and Gio. If they're gonna play favorites at least break the rules for one of the NY teams or something who still have a DP slot.

shoplifter

LA isn't the only team that has benefited from MLS bending the rules or going out of their way to get a player to sign with a specific team.

You mean Seatlle? Because that also does little to allay concerns that the league does plenty of favors.

I expect Gerrard will decide that this isn't quite the vacation he planned for and be off to facilitate this.

\/\/ we can agree on that, doesn't mean they won't. Granted because of the way the league actually *works*, things like paying Dempsey's transfer fee was for the 'good of all the owners'. Which is why I hate single entity.

Askani

That was the first thing that came to mind last night when I read this. "If they make another special rule because of Zlatan then people need to riot."

ZZMitch

Apparently Bob Bradley's Le Harve is only a couple goals away from making up GD on Metz and getting into League 1. They are playing against a team that is down a man so there is a chance!

ZZMitch

Wow! Ended with the same GD.. I guess there must have been a H2H tiebreaker next or something but I'm just guessing. That's painful.

https://twitter.com/AndrewDasNYT/status/731226074261127168

Not head to head since Le Havre beat and tied Metz in their two meetings. I think it was because Metz scored two more goals (while also conceding two more, thus keeping GD equal).

If it was head to head then Le Havre would be in Ligue 1 right now.

Top Bottom