• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Hella kit leaks/reveals over the last 24 hours:

SKC, real nice
t6VT3X3.jpg

San Jose, hot fire

Orlando, I like it

Houston, meh!

Montreal, subtle

RSL, possibly the most boring shirt ever

DC, like someone ran them over

If you're going to quote, please don't quote them all!

Cystm

Hella kit leaks/reveals over the last 24 hours:

DC, like someone ran them over

Half the league does every season.

*He would say, if cf97 weren't actually worse.*

Our kit looks like a trainer top. Timbers win best new kit. Even SKC could not top it. Still fire tho.

Cystm

Whitecaps reportedly set to sign ex-Sounder striker Fredy Montero

Also rumors swirling around that the Whitecaps are going for Canadian soccer messiah Atiba Hutchinson and Honduran international striker Erick Andino.

If the Montero deal happens, the Whitecaps would have to trade up in the allocation process with MNUFC, and clear up cap space in the process, so expect guys like Barnes or Techera to be cleared out.

Don't like seeing the dude with anyone but Seattle. A bit like Dax not being with NYRB and I say that as a cf97 fan.

They definitely need something, though. Techera is the weaker link amongst himself and Barnes. Barnes can produce if they are able to replace PedMo (who should not have been let go of IMO)

Icolin

Banned
They definitely need something, though. Techera is the weaker link amongst himself and Barnes. Barnes can produce if they are able to replace PedMo (who should not have been let go of IMO)

Techera's departure is imminent, given that he's one of the highest paid players on the team, and that the Whitecaps have that position covered with Manneh, Davies, Bolaños, and Reyna. Barnes has been rumored to leave for Blackburn during the entire offseason, so that's a matter of when, not an if, especially if the Whitecaps bring in Montero and Andino.

Icolin

Banned
Some more thoughts on these developments:

Because the Montero rumor has been corroborated by sources in Colombia, Vancouver and around the MLS, it's safe to say that it's probably happening.

The Hutchinson rumor is mainly conjecture, based off of the fact that insiders are hinting at a "DP caliber midfielder", and Garber's comments on helping to bring in Canadian DPs, and that Hutchinson would fit those two descriptions quite nicely.

The Andino rumor was hinted at by a Whitecaps insider, but what makes this a likely move is that Deybi Flores is loan at Andino's club, Montagua, from the Whitecaps, so there's a connection there.

MLS JOBS
Current Openings | My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile

Sales & Marketing: Promotions
CTO, Chief Tattoo Officer - Philadelphia Union (Chester, PA)

Tattoos are a vital part of sport, fan and supporter culture. Just as tattoos are for life, fans choose a club to passionately support for life. As our club grows, players and staff are joining the Union from geographies outside of Philadelphia. Given their love for tattoos and unfamiliarity with their new city, they often look for guidance in seeking a new, local artist.

As a result, The Philadelphia Union are seeking their first resident tattoo artist (or full shop of artists). Our CTO, Chief Tattoo Officer, will be responsible for providing services to players and front office staff. Occasionally, fan events will also be held with the CTO for the most loyal fans who want a tattoo to represent their passion for their favorite soccer club, the Union.

http://mls.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=109346

well that's.... different

RBH

16586993_1580124982005289_1374286601542774439_o.jpg

Atlanta United has sold more than 40,000 tickets for its season-opening game against New York Red Bulls on March 5 at Georgia Tech's Bobby Dodd Stadium.

Club President Darren Eales said the team is on pace to sell out the stadium, which has a capacity of 55,000.

”We are going to go for it and look to sell it out," he said.

The team sold more than 10,000 single-game tickets in seven days starting Feb. 2, when those ticket sales started. Those and sales of season-tickets spiked again following last week's 4-0 win over Chattanooga.

Eales said the team is past 27,000 season-tickets sold and approaching 30,000, which was going to be the soft cap. Eales said they will consider increasing that cap if demand persists.

He said the MLS expansion franchise is selling more than 100 season tickets a day since Saturday.

Evidence of the interest could be seen on Saturday when more than 12,000 people attended the game at Finley Stadium in Chattanooga. The walk-up crowd exceeded 7,000, which Eales estimated was mostly Atlanta United fans.

The 40,000 sales for the opener has exceeded the soft cap that the team planned as the soccer-configuration capacity for Mercedes-Benz Stadium. MLS average attendance last season was slightly more than 21,692.

Eales said season-tickets will be distributed later this week. The package will include the season-ticket card, a lanyard and commemorative box.

Eales said marketing will increase the home opener. Those efforts will include billboards and wraps on MARTA trains, busses and bus stops.
http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-u...ckets-sold-for-opener/i7Mtbbv921TXbJmtA5oUvO/

Y'all been slacking this morning.

New US kits:

It's....fine. *shrugs* I wish they'd come up with something thematically consistent (sash or whatever) and stick with it rather than just rolling out new designs every year. I know it makes them money, but their way of doing this is boring.

ZZMitch

Y'all been slacking this morning.

New US kits:

It's....fine. *shrugs* I wish they'd come up with something thematically consistent (sash or whatever) and stick with it rather than just rolling out new designs every year. I know it makes them money, but their way of doing this is boring.

This photo is the first time I have noticed that there is some texture to the light red part

Meier

Been rumored for the past week or so but Carli Lloyd officially announced by Man City Women. It's sort of strange, they're pumping up the signing BIG TIME, but there's a lot of talk of her returning to the Dash in June. Guess we'll see how it goes.

2Os4_ea8.jpg

Oh, I guess she mentioned it herself in a tweet:

This next adventure gives me the challenge of competing in spring series/FA Cup/CL n finish out rest of @NWSL with my @HoustonDash team.
https://twitter.com/CarliLloyd/status/831898958255493120

The WSL starts up in September, so maybe she'd go back and play for the Dash for a bit and then potentially go back to City? The NWSL seems to go until October so she wouldn't miss much of the season in England if that was of interest.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sacha named captain. Would've thought Robles but I'm okay with this.

He combined with Veron to score a decent goal a few minutes ago. The team's obviously still in pre-season, they're barely pressing, but I think the 4-2-2-2 is going to work this time.

EDIT: That's two from Sacha. He's getting forward into scoring positions way more than he did last season, I'd almost think he was playing that second forward roll and not Veron.

Dartastic

Guys. DId any of you watch the Timbers last night? Whew. Just... whew. We are going to be a nightmare offensively. We didn't even have Blanco in the lineup and we are still trying to get a starting center back, but holy fuck we looked good.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Dax is the best dude.

Stan for life. Sex god, best god. etc, etc.

Not one to shy away. On and off the pitch. I just love this dude.

I don't care if he isn't here that long. Dax kit inc.

I miss Dax so much.

We had better win a trophy or something this year to justify the trade.

Top Bottom