• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinFTW

Yeah I'm out, this is a miserable, nightmarish experience. If it wasn't for my fiancé id never give Nintendo another dime of my money.

Lunarian

Neo Member
So some of you were spamming button and still weren't able to preorder? Wtf...? I was gone taking care of baby for 10mins and I missed it in that window. /sigh

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
OCBATPg.png
OCBATPg.png
OCBATPg.png

McBryBry

Wow. THAT was cool. Pre orde? Already in your cart. But it isn't. God, Nintendo infuriates me with their constant making me want hard to find things.

anyone with experience with target.com...my card expires in may , will I be able to switch to another card on the order? I know walmart doesnt let you

So some of you were spamming button and still weren't able to preorder? Wtf...? I was gone taking care of baby for 10mins and I missed it in that window. /sigh
Yep.
I kept spamming the button. I tried mobile right when they sold out.
This is some bull.

I asked my wife to try to order Jiggly.

She just called me at work crying because it was in her cart and it sold out while she was trying to update our address...

So now I get to deal with that.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I would have preferred to just outright miss it instead of being there the second it went live and still not being able to get one because it wouldn't go through :/

Yup. Just did not add to cart on my PC or mobile and I was doing it before it really exploded.

Wow, she came instock and is already gone in 5 minutes? And of course most regular people are at work and wouldn't have had a chance. Nintendo is fucking people so bad with these retailer exclusive ones. Yet another import for me I guess.

From WHERE?

The imports are long sold out too.

Was entering credit card details when got shitcanned on Jiggles here. ANNOYANCE

Mzo

This has got to be a glitch. There is no possible way it sold out in less than 5 seconds.

It sold in 7 minutes.

If this is anything like Rosalina, it'll be up once more online and they'll save stock so every store can have some on launch day.

georly

Oh cool nevermind, it somehow got added to cart without ever telling me.

*clicks on cart*

"The item you had is no longer available."

God dammit.

Guess i'll be at target that morning.

zulux21

yup, I randomly refreshed and saw the preorder button was live right round the same time as it was first posted in here and started spamming it then.
only got two messaged, the error please retry, and then limit 2 if I went over 2 (I was trying different quantities to see if it would change anything and go through, I only wanted 2 anyways as I like free shipping :p)

Rocky

Banned
Anyone else never even get a chance to order, as it kept on saying error? I tried Chrome, Firefox, mobile on Chrome, Android and Apple apps...

Yep, had it open all morning and still got errors. I've just about had enough of this bullshit.

Lunarian

Neo Member
How did it sell out in 7mins if people are saying they spam clicked for the past hour and still weren't able to buy? lol

She just called me at work crying because it was in her cart and it sold out while she was trying to update our address...

My girl and I are doing similar things for each other and I fear her getting real upset later. Amiibos tear relationships apart...

Edit: Are there any good GameStop promo codes/coupons out right now?

shanafan

You have to be kidding me. Target is the worst. People bash Wal-Mart but it was much easier to get a Gold Mario than anything on Target. Keep getting errors

Why is the Target the worst? Be glad they turn off orders when initial quantities are filled. Better than getting a cancellation e-mail right?

I know it's frustrating, but the demand is high and people are ordering multiples. Blame them, not Target ;)

rjinaz

Here are the direct links for Lucina and Robin on Amazon for when they go live. Useful if using an auto refresher. I couldn't find their pages via search so I entered the url manually:

Robin

Lucina

zulux21

How did it sell out in 7mins if people are saying they spam clicked for the past hour and still weren't able to buy? lol

because the select chosen were getting through. just go back a page or two you will see plenty of people getting her despite the errors.

akileese

I had no luck getting one but my girlfriend was able to add to cart and complete the order. Some people got lucky, most did not.

ChrisD

Yikes. Is she also into amiibo or is it just because she "failed" to get what you asked for?

This retailer exclusive crap takes all the fun out of this.

I'm fine with not catching a preorder, but when its the only retailer offering them and now the only other way to get said Amiibo is waiting out front of a store?

sonto340

I'll be in town at the time the ness amiibo goes up for preorder so I'll physically preorder two at the store.
I'll be willing to trade with some amiibros, assing I can get some.

GAMERG0D

Don't know how I got a Jigglypuff but I did.

There isn't even a page up for Greninja yet so he's going to be difficult.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It sold in 7 minutes.

If this is anything like Rosalina, it'll be up once more online and they'll save stock so every store can have some on launch day.

Rosalina went up a bunch of times before launch. I imagine Jigglypuff will be the same.

Looks like I'll be importing most of the retail exclusives again. My time and sanity are infinitely more valuable than the $15 extra I paid to get Rosalina etc to the U.S. from overseas rather than refreshing Target's website like a crazy person. Good luck to everyone.

My girl and I are doing similar things for each other and I fear her getting real upset later. Amiibos tear relationships apart...

Edit: Are there any good GameStop promo codes/coupons out right now?

Friend, you ain't gonna want to take the time typing in a code during checkout!

At this point I am going to have my dad pick up wave 4 in Japan next time he goes.

Its ridiculous how awful NA amiibos are being handled. After close 5 months after launch, you would think these issues would be solved.

NIGHT-

At least gold mario got re stocked online several times. If jiggly is like Rosalina, she won't be stocked online again

Draxal

Looks like I'll be importing most of the retail exclusives again. My time and sanity are infinitely more valuable than the $15 extra I paid to get Rosalina etc to the U.S. from overseas rather than refreshing Target's website like a crazy person. Good luck to everyone.

I'm with you here.

G0523

Thanks friend. Is he even listed on the Gamestop website yet? Can't find it from searching, but don't know if someone has a direct link or something.

Unfortunately the Ness amiibo is not on GameStop.com yet.

I'm also expecting another surprise pre-order wave of the Jigglypuff amiibo from Target like how they did with the Rosalina amiibo THE DAY IT CAME OUT. I was so ecstatic when that happened.

CorvoSol

Basically no sleeping if I want even the most pathetic hope of getting one of those preorders for Ness off Gamestop, huh? Can't believe how fast Jiggs went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom