• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone get the pushbullet going or invite me to the line chat please, this shit is getting out of hand i can't even sleep without stressing

Fox Mulder

Yes she did, I grabbed one online the day she came out. Most stores got more then 30.

i work at target, we got 12 in and they were all gone immediately to people that lined up an hour or more before the store opened, on superbowl sunday, and never returned for a restock.

of course online preorders opened up a few times, but were awful compared to how long gamestop kept stuff open.

Nori Chan

Wow, thread is moving fast like old times. To quick catch up:

- Jigglypuff went up & is Target exclusive (don't have interest)
- Greninja might be Target exclusive (also don't have interest)
- in about 3 hours, pre-orders will open for Wave 4 at GameStop

Anything I missed?

Greninja is not a target exclusive. TRU

PMS341

No, not a joke. Again, it's more of the fact that she almost had it, she could've had it, but she didn't get it because she tried to update the shipping address... so now she's blaming herself. It's really not her fault, but I can't make her not feel however she feels.

Pills could.

Geedorah

Anything I missed?

Is it 100% that GS will have all Wave4 open? All I know for sure is they are offering ONLINE preoders of Ness at 3PM, and will also do web-in-store preorders for the same.

She's having an anxiety attack now and I get to use paid leave to go home and console her. Thanks Nintendo.

You guys may want to take a break from it then. This is par for the course with amiibo preorders so it would be really unhealthy going forward if that is going to be her reaction to it. Like every single rare one that comes up now will be gone within minutes, listed on ebay for a ton more, and filled with a bunch of people getting errors instead of preorders. It is a complete shitshow but there is nothing we can do about it. Our high demand is what gives the scalpers the motivation to do what they do and limits the supply even more.

There may be hope yet.

Just received this image. In-computer SKUs for each Amiibo, under the actual reserve list, not Web In Store. They are currently non-reservable, but my friend seems convinced they'll get "turned on" at 2 PM. Still trying to get clarification, but this might be a good sign you won't have to pay in full.

I would not get your hopes up. We have online only skus in there all the time, GameStop can't change those mid-day. It's why they use the "unavailable sku" system where they have the skus reservable and just don't tell you what each one is till the right time.

LostAnkh

Anything I missed?
I thought it was just Ness that was coming up for pre-order, according to their tweet.

Is it 100% that GS will have all Wave4 open? All I know for sure is they are offering ONLINE preoders of Ness at 3PM, and will also do web-in-store preorders for the same.
The employees say they will offer a bundle of Ness + the other 5 non-exclusives or individual I think. I may pre-order the bundle just for the sake of having a secondary source.

PMS341

I would not get your hopes up. We have online only skus in there all the time, GameStop can't change those mid-day. It's why they use the "unavailable sku" system where they have the skus reservable and just don't tell you what each one is till the right time.

Is this fairly recent? I worked there for 7 1/2 years and rarely did a SKU pop up unless it was going to be reservable in-store (except a few random items here and there).

Side note. It looks like every other Amiibo on Target other then the Puff is on sale for $9.74.

So good time to stock up on commons if you want to. And a good time for me to lament all the extra money I spent on the.

RootCause

That's true, but people still have a shot to get one without camping out. And Rosalina was available for up to 30 minutes a few times before launch day, even if at inconvenient times. All hope isn't lost!
30 min is a pretty solid window. I'd be all over it if I'm given a shot. No targets where I live, so camping is not even an option for me. :( Really out of luck here. I was able to get Rosalina through Amazon France. So I might have to order a bunch of w4 amiibos to lower the shipping.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I got one. So there was no limit again like rosalina since people are gloating they got several. That sucks big time. I am relieved about mine but this war is just getting started.

No, the website enforced a limit of two. If anyone got more than two, it's because they had multiple Target accounts and probably shipped the Jigglypuffs to multiple addresses.

How many Rosalinas did the average Target get on release day?

A dozen or so seemed to be the average.

Is this fairly recent? I worked there for 7 1/2 years and rarely did a SKU pop up unless it was going to be reservable in-store (except a few random items here and there).

Since Webs-In-Store came out, yeah. If that person scrolled down you would see a bunch of figures that are online only. They also leave stuff that is pre-ordered out on there so we know release dates.

Anything I missed?

Greninja at TRU.

So Jiggles I see has a Preorder now button but it's whited out. W-will they have it back up? has it come back up today?

Comet

I could have gotten one the second it went up, even had it in my cart. But I just don't want it, so I removed it. Now I wish I would have just bought it and sold it at MSRP later to a good user.

You guys may want to take a break from it then. This is par for the course with amiibo preorders so it would be really unhealthy going forward if that is going to be her reaction to it. Like every single rare one that comes up now will be gone within minutes, listed on ebay for a ton more, and filled with a bunch of people getting errors instead of preorders. It is a complete shitshow but there is nothing we can do about it. Our high demand is what gives the scalpers the motivation to do what they do and limits the supply even more.

Absolutely.

i work at target, we got 12 in and they were all gone immediately to people that lined up an hour or more before the store opened, on superbowl sunday, and never returned for a restock.

of course online preorders opened up a few times, but were awful compared to how long gamestop kept stuff open.

I'm surprised you had so few, I was really impressed with the location by me but it is the only target for 30miles XD but my point was more so that I don't think its going to be like Meta-Knight it'll be easier then that and people shouldn't stress about it, people on here are very very good about trading/selling any extra they find.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
On Target's website: The "preorder now" button is grayed out for Jigglypuff but now you can "find in store"

[edit] But everything is "out of stock," of course, because Jiggly doesn't come out until May 29.

I was just thinking with Marth, since it's likely that he'll be rereleased on May 29th with all the other Amiibo, do you people think there'll be preorders for that or will it be a free for all?

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
There may be hope yet.

Just received this image. In-computer SKUs for each Amiibo, under the actual reserve list, not Web In Store. They are currently non-reservable, but my friend seems convinced they'll get "turned on" at 2 PM. Still trying to get clarification, but this might be a good sign you won't have to pay in full.

2pm EST or Central?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I have a feeling that the only ones I really want (Splatoon set and Pac-Man) are going to end up being commons. I'm going to try and pre-order them at GameStop just in case I'm wrong, but I would rather get them from Best Buy for the GCU discount + points. Ness will just be an added bonus if I manage to snag a pre-order.

//ARCANUM

I just called my local Gamestop and according to the associate I spoke with, the wave going up today is in-store ordering only. I specifically asked him if they would be going up online as well and he said no. He said between last night and this morning he’s had about 20 phone calls for them. Not sure how true the store only part is but that’s what he said.

I’m not too hopeful about securing them today. I plan to call about an hour beforehand and see what the line looks like at the local store. If it’s 10-15 people long I’m not going to bother as I imagine if they are doing this nationwide then it will sell out before it’s my turn. Ten+ people ahead of me in line times five minutes per transaction, that’s pushing an hour and I don’t think stock will hold out that long.

Ummmm gamestop's own Twitter account said they'd be available for pre order online at 2pm cst today.

G0523

It's so sad, I keep on refreshing the Jigglypuff amiibo page on Target in hopes that it'll come back. But it's not coming back, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom