• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL funniest thing just happened..called my local TRU, asked about coming on Friday and the guy was first all cool saying "Shhh I will tell you that we will have plenty of Greninja" so I said 48 right and he said "Wait who told you that" then he got all defensive, so I said take a chill pill they are AMIIBOS and he hung up

LOL funniest thing just happened..called my local TRU, asked about coming on Friday and the guy was first all cool saying "Shhh I will tell you that we will have plenty of Greninja" so I said 48 right and he said "Wait who told you that" then he got all defensive, so I said take a chill pill they are AMIIBOS and he hung up

That's good news. Do we know anything about limits per customer at TRU? All my weekly ad says is "Quantities limited".

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Missed out on JP Palutena, Dark Pit, ZSS, and Ganon... Hopefully I'll be able to pre-order the US versions when they're available.

That's good news. Do we know anything about limits per customer at TRU? All mine says is "Quantities limited".

All I know is that by the way the guy was acting on the phone, it was pretty pathetic I mean whats the big deal to say the number, he was acting as if I was the FBI LOL..he whispered that there would be "Plenty" so I said the number 48 which is the number I have seen online for that store so I figured no harm in asking if that is the correct number because you know how it is, sometimes the numbers are not reliable(Oh and its 1 amiibo per character, per person) the second I said that number his whole demeanor changed, maybe he though the phone was bugged

RootCause

Should've asked if he could hold one. :p
Anyway, it's great that they have somewhat healthy stock. I'm hoping my TRU gets 48.

Its Black Friday all over again xD
Step away from me if you value your eyes. >=^]

rjinaz

Lol. It's good that if you can make it to the store on Friday your chances for a Greninja are great. I'm still not convinced there will be more stock than last time though, pretty sure they just didn't sell as many online.

Should've asked if he could hold one. :p
Anyway, it's great that they have somewhat healthy stock. I'm hoping my TRU gets 48.

Step away from me if you value your eyes. >=^]

Lol. It's good that if you can make it to the store on Friday your chances for a Greninja are great. I'm still not convinced there will be more stock than last time though, pretty sure they just didn't sell as many online.

48 is a low quantity if true because he said they had already received quite a few phone calls regarding the amiibos..I figured I would call when they open just to make sure there is even a point in going, I dont want to take the bus just to find out they have none in stock..oh and they dont hold any he already told me that, after the whole number thing the conversation was pretty much over, he hung up..before the conversation went sour he said the "plenty" amount does not include pre orders so I guess that is good

0BxICGi.gif

"Some men just want to watch the world burn".
If that's really what he's saying, he's talking awfully fast!!!

RootCause

48 is a low quantity if true because he said they had already received quite a few phone calls regarding the amiibos..I figured I would call when they open just to make sure there is even a point in going, I dont want to take the bus just to find out they have none in stock..oh and they dont hold any he already told me that, after the whole number thing the conversation was pretty much over, he hung up..before the conversation went sour he said the "plenty" amount does not include pre orders so I guess that is good
I still don't get why he got hostile. There's some nice people in retail, but the opposite can be said too.
If my store gets 48 I'm good. only 12 showed up for preorders. 5 of those were for doubles. So only 5 guys took the preorder allotment(of 10).

Jergingha

Neo Member
I'm going to be moving soon.

With moving comes the replacement of furniture, as well as the purchasing of new furniture.

I have my eyes on this display case for my Amiibo/figures when I move:
detolf-glass-door-cabinet-brown__72928_PE189178_S4.JPG

Does anyone here have this IKEA display case? If so, how does it hold up?

rjinaz

I still don't get why he got hostile. There's some nice people in retail, but the opposite can be said too.
If my store gets 48 I'm good. only 12 showed up for preorders. 5 of those were for doubles. So only 5 guys took the preorder allotment(of 10).

I'm sure getting many calls about amiibo is making them cranky.

That being said that is no excuse. I have worked retail jobs that were crap, and I never ever took it out on the customers even if they were rude. It's what I got paid for.

It was just funny seeing someone on the phone getting THAT upset about how I knew about how many greninja's they are getting, maybe they are afraid there is a mole in the system spreading rumors about how many amiibos they are getting who knows..made me almost not even want to go, I mean all of THIS over little plastic toys its just crazy..see here is the thing, if you were in my situation, the store opens here at 10AM, I will be taking the bus, the amiibos that I want are Greninja, Robin, Lucina, Marth, and Silver Mario..its one amiibo per character, per guest..I am not going to camp out, so you think if I arrived at exactly 10AM or a few minutes after wards I would still be able to get some of those amiibos? I dont know how many pre orders they even made on April 27th no clue

//ARCANUM

I'm going to be moving soon.

With moving comes the replacement of furniture, as well as the purchasing of new furniture.

I have my eyes on this display case for my Amiibo/figures when I move:
detolf-glass-door-cabinet-brown__72928_PE189178_S4.JPG

Does anyone here have this IKEA display case? If so, how does it hold up?

It's a decent case. No issues with it, had it for a few years. It's really big though for Amiibo. Like you could probably fit all of them that exist so far just on the top shelf.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn".
If that's really what he's saying, he's talking awfully fast!!!

I think the "Some men" part is cut out, so he's just saying "just want to watch the world burn." A lot of quote gifs do that, presumable to reduce the run-time and file size.

kirby_fox

Banned
It's a decent case. No issues with it, had it for a few years. It's really big though for Amiibo. Like you could probably fit all of them that exist so far just on the top shelf.

Do you have one of those step things? I've been tempted to get this myself the few times I've been to Ikea because I'm running out of room- I'm just afraid it won't look as nice without a step display in it.

goldenpp72

Do you have one of those step things? I've been tempted to get this myself the few times I've been to Ikea because I'm running out of room- I'm just afraid it won't look as nice without a step display in it.

I have 2 of those cases and enough stairs to fill 1 of them, the stair method looks nicer but to get enough stairs to do so cost more than the case, heh. They are nice though all around, I haven't figured out how to install cool lighting in them though.

Toad.T

Banned
4 days until Amiibageddon mk.4, how are you holding up with orders? I mostly have all that I need payed off and am waiting for launch day Greninja (Canada TRU's posting online orders the day of.)

AdanVC

Amiibo will sell regardless, why bother reminding people about something that sells out in 30 seconds?

Why advertise something that's going to sell out instantly? The only thing it will do is make my re people angry. There is no upside, only downsides.

they've looked like morons and get backlash whenever they post about amiibos. Might as well just shut up about them.

Yes omfg. Amiibo is selling like Wii on it's best days. Sold-out everywhere and stuff. I think it's best they remain silent about amiibo if they are not gonna be able to produce enough figures to meet demand for the apocalypse this friday.

Draxal

I have it with the step display and it looks all right,I do think the cut tubes looks a lot better ... but is much pricier.

Kilau

Do you guys think Pac-Man will be common?

It's hard to say for sure, Pac is apparently hard to find the UK but in the past, 3rd party characters like Sonic and Mega Man have been pretty common after the first week or so.

Always best to just buy anything you may want now, rather than later.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
HURRY GUYS ONLY 6 PAGES LEFT WE HAVE TO MOVE TO NEXT BEST OT IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO SURVIVE WAVE4MAGEDDON

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Do you guys think Pac-Man will be common?
I feel like he should. I still see Sonic available at my Meijer and I would say that more people know Pac-Man compared to Sonic (heck, Pac-Man turned 35 a few days ago), and my theory is "more well known with general public = easier to find", so I would assume being one of the biggest icons of gaming, he shouldn't be difficult. Or at the very least, one of the easist of the wave.

I'm sure at first, at launch, he might be hard, but give it a week and more should start appearing after the release date/week rush has settled.

Shauni

I see people are getting info about shipments and stuff, has there been anything floating out there about what the stock will look like for Gamestop? I'm going to pick up Splatoon on Friday, and I'm hoping I can grab a Silver Mario since they're forgoing pre-orders. I actually have pretty good odds since I'm in a spot where no one seems to give a shit about amiibos. During the great Ness server crash of '15 I was only behind one other guy so ain't nobody lining up for that shit around here. Even if they just get like 2 I probably have a good chance of getting one if I can beat that one dude maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom