• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You'd think they'd finally confirm the release dates of Cloud, Corrin, & Bayonetta considering how long it's been since they said "oh yeah, we're making amiibo of them" back in Dec. 2015, which was 6 months ago.

Velcro Fly

I hope once and for all we get Koopaling amiibo

I would seriously buy a set to open and a set to keep sealed.

I don't care if they literally do nothing

Or maybe even the mythical second half of the Super Mario series amiibo. Give me enemies like Boo or Shy Guy or Birdo. And of course Waluigi.

Shauni

I really hope we get some cool amiibo announcements at E3 despite there being no Direct.

I expect we'll get some, but I'm not expecting a huge amount. E3 just isn't the place to hype that type of thing, and I think Nintendo has kept most of it's non-Smash Amiibo announcements lowkey and more direct.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I expect we'll get some, but I'm not expecting a huge amount. E3 just isn't the place to hype that type of thing, and I think Nintendo has kept most of it's non-Smash Amiibo announcements lowkey and more direct.

I see what you did there

KingBroly

Banned
I hope once and for all we get Koopaling amiibo

I would seriously buy a set to open and a set to keep sealed.

I don't care if they literally do nothing

Or maybe even the mythical second half of the Super Mario series amiibo. Give me enemies like Boo or Shy Guy or Birdo. And of course Waluigi.

DK - Amazon exclusive
Wario - Wal-Mart exclusive
Rosalina - Target exclusive

My missing amiibo showed up just now. Apparently it had been delivered to number 11 on my road for some reason. I live at number 51! The number that is clearly printed on the box!

At least that's done with.

Got Waddle Dee from Amazon. He's super good looking! Box was bent though...they shipped it in a bubble mailer..that was the first time that's ever happened ;-;

I'll probably pick the other ones up when they go on sale because I'm such a big Kirby/amiibo fan. I think I want the game too, but I don't have a lot of extra dosh now for stuff.

Also came across this article from Famitsu about the amiibo in Monster Hunter:

Famitsu: We’re changing the topic here. So this game also supports amiibo, right?

Tsujimoto: Yes. It’s the first time ever that a Monster Hunter game supports it. It’s an amiibo of a Rider riding on a monster, but you’ll be able to change the rider. We are also preparing other gimmicks, so please look forward to those.

Famitsu: What kind of things can be done by using the amiibo?

Tsujimoto: There are pleasant bonuses like obtaining original Otomon. There are also many other things, but I can’t say them for now (wry laugh).

"Otomon" I think is referring to the Monsters?

will wait for $6 for kirby amiibos

wonder if we will finally get info on Cloud x Bayonetta x Corrin
triple pack to get the smash line over once and for all
;p

ChrisD

will wait for $6 for kirby amiibos

wonder if we will finally get info on Cloud x Bayonetta x Corrin
triple pack to get the smash line over once and for all
;p

Oh man I hope not. I don't want Bayonetta at all. Would be pretty peeved if I couldn't get my Corrin without her. :/

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I don't know if these new Kirby line Amiibos will go on sale if the stock is so low. Places are already sold out of some characters.

I don't know if these new Kirby line Amiibos will go on sale if the stock is so low. Places are already sold out of some characters.

I saw Best Buy is OoS in the store nearby but Target across the street has a bunch of each. Same thing happened when Ryu/FamiROB released. I seem to recall experiencing the same issue when the AC line first hit. They were gone for a couple days before they flooded the shelves. Give it a minute and I'm sure we'll see more.

InkoMint

Neo Member
We got the new Kirby, Dedede and Waddledee along with Summer Isabelle. The Dedede looked so...weird and goofy. In a bad way. He was returned. We will just wait and buy the original online.

Isabelle was also returned, more so because her mouth was placed way too high and close to her nose it made her look derpy. The BB we went to didn't have anymore Isabelles to even swap out with, but it wasn't too big of a deal as we already had Winter-belle.

Didn't buy a second Metaknight, but did buy the second Kirby, as our son loves Kirby and looking at them!

zroid

Banned
My first two and probably last two Animal Crossing amiibo

Ck2j1qVWkAEK-QX.jpg

Been waiting for standalone Isabelle for ages, and Rover was free. Promotion at Toys R Us to get a free Rover/Kappn/Lottie/Nook with purchase of any other full priced amiibo.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Mmm, Kirby series is so good. Love that goofy Waddle Dee.

brace for impact tomorrow

zroid

Banned
I got a good look at the Kirby series at Toys R Us, they all look great... except D3, which is definitely a notch below its Smash version.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Dedede is great except for the random glossy yellow paint on his hat. Sure, it's not Smash Dedede, but it's not trying to be. It's just a silly fun pose.

4BESsMj.png

InkoMint

Neo Member
This D3 just looked way too goofy. I was glad I could return him. Looking at him head on in person helped me make that decision! Unless you're collecting them all...I personally don't think he's worth it.

Berordn

This D3 just looked way too goofy. I was glad I could return him. Looking at him head on in person helped me make that decision! Unless you're collecting them all...I personally don't think he's worth it.

Dedede's a goofy character so think it fits, but to each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom