• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogiepop

Actually, quick question now that I've thought of it: the Wolf Link does save data from Twilight Princess, right, since they said it would do something in the new Zelda, yeah? I've got a friend who'd like to borrow mine to unlock that wolf dungeon/bigger wallet or whatever. Can I loan him the amiibo and then still use it just fine for when I get around to playing the game?

Actually, quick question now that I've thought of it: the Wolf Link does save data from Twilight Princess, right, since they said it would do something in the new Zelda, yeah? I've got a friend who'd like to borrow mine to unlock that wolf dungeon/bigger wallet or whatever. Can I loan him the amiibo and then still use it just fine for when I get around to playing the game?

You can clear data from amiibo using the system tool for them (in New 3DS anyway, haven't used one on the Wii U yet), so it doesn't matter what your friend saves onto Wolf Link, you can clear it and use it for your own data.

Shauni

I mean, if Japan doesn't see it until Winter 2017, so way we'll get it by Spring 2017. No way we get that first. At the same time maybe, but no way first.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I went through and reformatted the OT in preparation for OT8! Added nice little color banners to separate each section, added the dioramas, redid all the text, got rid of the cross-out system (still trying to figure out what to do about that), added the MH Stories amiibo, fixed up the card section, inserted some straggling boxes...I even updated the EU OT logo that they changed!

Hopefully it's easier for you guys to read now.
notice how all the colored banners are based off the 6 amiibo light colors I AM SO CLEVER

yloxH9U.png

cL48WdO.png

And yes, I know there's a second wave of MH Stories coming, but I'll wait for pics before adding it to the OT.

ST2K

Nintendo needs to announce when the Cloud amiibo is coming out already so I can finish my collection and move on from this dark time in my life.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo needs to announce when the Cloud amiibo is coming out already so I can finish my collection and move on from this dark time in my life.

*Finish Phase One of the Nintendo Figure Universe

you're here forever

I keep looking at that girl on the Rath and I can't help but thinking they're going to shove a gross pole underneath that raised up leg. I really hope they don't (and maybe it's held on there somewhere else that I can't see?) but Capcom pls

I went through and reformatted the OT in preparation for OT8! Added nice little color banners to separate each section, added the dioramas, redid all the text, got rid of the cross-out system (still trying to figure out what to do about that), added the MH Stories amiibo, fixed up the card section, inserted some straggling boxes...I even updated the EU OT logo that they changed!

I think at this point with restocks and stuff there's nothing that's really "gone forever" so we don't need a cross out on them.

Alternatively, black and white versions of them might be fine.
p43FQpM.png

kirby_fox

Banned
Meant to post it awhile ago, but I think Ganondorf may have seen a restock. I hadn't seen him in awhile, and a few days ago I was at a Walmart and they had plenty of him on the shelf. Maybe it's just my area or could just be that Walmart had some in the back.

Still waiting to finish out the Smash line...which makes me think something is going on there. You don't just stop supporting a game out of the blue like this.

Shauni

Link, Female Link, Zelda, Ganondorf (if he's the villain of Zelda U)

Well, that's only three, since one won't exist.

I know there's a lot of rumors about it, but I don't really buy it to be honest

I think there will end up being about 4 or 5.

Blues1990

Hopefully it's easier for you guys to read now.
notice how all the colored banners are based off the 6 amiibo light colors I AM SO CLEVER

yloxH9U.png

cL48WdO.png

And yes, I know there's a second wave of MH Stories coming, but I'll wait for pics before adding it to the OT.

You're doing great work, as usual. And I got to say, I didn't know there were going to be displays for the Inklings and the Squid Sisters, both of which look sweet. I'm a bit worried about the Monster Hunter amiibo's, as a lot can change between the prototype and production model.

Shauni

So Callie and Marie are still only up on BestBuy. Are we thinking they might be exclusive? I know it wasn't announced as so, but this has been a little too long a wait for them to pop up somewhere else. Thinking of just pre-ordering them there.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So Callie and Marie are still only up on BestBuy. Are we thinking they might be exclusive? I know it wasn't announced as so, but this has been a little too long a wait for them to pop up somewhere else. Thinking of just pre-ordering them there.

Nah, just takes forever for other sites to put them up. BB is the best at having them up early.

Those Diaoramas, i really need to get one of them at some point.

*all of them

Persona7

Banned

I doubt it. There is also another month left and that is plenty of time for pre-orders to open up on other sites.

Oh wow, we're actually close to OT8. Funny how it took a year to get to this point. Probably going to be even longer to reach OT9 at this point.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Oh wow, we're actually close to OT8. Funny how it took a year to get to this point. Probably going to be even longer to reach OT9 at this point.

Let's be honest. Diggeh, cover your eyes.
There won't be an OT9. Where we're going, there's no coming back.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Let's be honest. Diggeh, cover your eyes.
There won't be an OT9. Where we're going, there's no coming back.

It's okay, I'm not going anywhere. I'll keep maintaining the OT forever and ever!

xYvrGJW.gif

When you're here, you're home! Best community.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I now have the Mii Fighters. Seems Toys R Us still has them in stock. I'm surprised they're still exclusive.
Only four left.

I also pre-ordered all four Kirby amiibo off Amazon. I'll get Summer Isabelle eventually.

I pre-ordered the Callie and Marie amiibo, as well as the purple-haired Inkling boy. I'll replace the blue hair one, mainly because a shit-ton of amiibo are blue and I'd like a bit more color variety. For similar reasons, I'm not buying the green hair Inkling girl despite how cool it looks.

Blues1990

It's okay, I'm not going anywhere. I'll keep maintaining the OT forever and ever!

xYvrGJW.gif

When you're here, you're home! Best community.

It's good to be home. :3

Now that I think about it, I need to update my collection sometime soon. As soon as the Squid Sisters come in the mail, I'll do just that.

Velcro Fly

i played a couple games of amiibo festival (alone, sadly)

i think it would be a decent experience playing with other people.

i was mostly just trying it out and seeing how much of a slog it would be to max out all the AC amiibo.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

i was mostly just trying it out and seeing how much of a slog it would be to max out all the AC amiibo.

and what was your conclusion

A Human Becoming

More than a Member

Decent is the nicest description I could give it. It's a fairly simple board game.

Vena

Is Roy Gamestop exclusive in the US? One of our buds is a big Roy fan and we want to get him this for his upcoming bday.

Velcro Fly

it is honestly pretty bad

i've never played a fortune street game but it just lacks the wacky twists and turns that Mario Party sometimes takes.

i was mostly watching streams on twitch while playing so i wasn't paying too much attention.

if it had online where you could play against people it might be interesting

it was basically a game i had never even opened and i decided to today.

zroid

Banned
I almost bought it for $25 (CDN) or so just for the amiibo obviously, but ended up deciding against it since they don't come in regular amiibo packaging and the figures have standalone releases now anyways

MANUELF

Banned
I almost bought it for $25 (CDN) or so just for the amiibo obviously, but ended up deciding against it since they don't come in regular amiibo packaging and the figures have standalone releases now anyways
Yeah amiibo festival is way too simple, the only things you can do are choosing where to go and the turning stock thing, Fortune Street was WAYYYYYYYYY better, I completed story mode twice(one as a boy and another as a girl) because the game has gender specific accesories

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is Roy Gamestop exclusive in the US? One of our buds is a big Roy fan and we want to get him this for his upcoming bday.
That is indeed correct. You'll have to see if yours has one in-store, because you can't get him online anymore.

ChrisD

I'm sure he'll love it! Roy is one of the best amiibo, period... Well, in my opinion haha.

And if you do import, you can tell him you did so to stay true to Roy's game which never released in America. :p

The_Kid

I really hope the dioramas come to the U.S. at some point. Spending upwards of $50 for $16 worth of paper just to import. ; 3 ;

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kirby Planet Robobot + amiibo have shipped. Would be neat if they added in a Mario Maker costume for Waddle Dee.

........I also need to go back & unlock more colors for Woolly World, stopped playing that after the frustrating World 4-S.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if you need to place the Kirby Amiibo on Robobot once, or every time you need it? Might bring it on a trip this weekend, but don't want to bring the Amiibo with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom