• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

There is a Gamestop about 82 miles from me that has a Twilight Princess amiibo. I called them and they said it's on reserve. At least they were honest with me. All of the other ones I called over the past few days just said they didn't have it. I was totally going to make the drive.

JJH

BahodSDeWvQBWDZfZlysYjan8cj5NUOv_EmcetRJS48gxwX60xCyVk97cWZ4DrwzYSDMCT5yo-QR6YnOuKFxDg6RrclyqDWuVsMunXT2v5o795UTfOkiWq0qo5gbpP67lOXZyXT0AApPFKp427DfvN_-KVn5bOq3BeatzEPDV8stxNxYbE7c6ewX_IpGQ5OxDjHE54dWgirldyRS8ax6ZlIyXjCUAlxslyq5-IBlgM4VvltOIz7Qam8uzDxBBboqJ4vgjd9TTyP4vFeoitlzL0jDAgp7TtaIHTfFSfaarpScuwTxpApQFXTy3M0Eu_vEXQcksnuLxGU6r9MFfHlTXBwnUSAPNCi0trdtJ6LVVZll3YaRhM6NCZpMzM-dBv1YlqMT_GzVeYnLlc49dIYGuCGcM1tsUU8QhShQewl3NL-xYduTY0PLS5dX6muZPl-E5FcRixKXrSnv1vJlGOro348aVt31a1rMM-SNasuI67IIdtGb8WPYcUXNRb29SQ1ixK6thU4mbaBqWw1ie_F4Xwux3DyDHPkO1rJzJ3ix-tp8JT94SiKLSgFGSeFBqUogvtD1ECzn_j7Xzphg83ht0y-VpD6iBi3TPTlyM-fzF_J4hQQ9CLQ3=w731-h974-no

My first amiibo. I have the SS amiibo in the mail waiting for me once I get home. I had to drive twenty minutes to GS next town over on my lunch but it was worth it. They had it behind the counter along with a couple of the Guardian amiibos and a Zelda (BOTW) amiibo. I don't know how rare those are but I got what I came for.

LiK

BahodSDeWvQBWDZfZlysYjan8cj5NUOv_EmcetRJS48gxwX60xCyVk97cWZ4DrwzYSDMCT5yo-QR6YnOuKFxDg6RrclyqDWuVsMunXT2v5o795UTfOkiWq0qo5gbpP67lOXZyXT0AApPFKp427DfvN_-KVn5bOq3BeatzEPDV8stxNxYbE7c6ewX_IpGQ5OxDjHE54dWgirldyRS8ax6ZlIyXjCUAlxslyq5-IBlgM4VvltOIz7Qam8uzDxBBboqJ4vgjd9TTyP4vFeoitlzL0jDAgp7TtaIHTfFSfaarpScuwTxpApQFXTy3M0Eu_vEXQcksnuLxGU6r9MFfHlTXBwnUSAPNCi0trdtJ6LVVZll3YaRhM6NCZpMzM-dBv1YlqMT_GzVeYnLlc49dIYGuCGcM1tsUU8QhShQewl3NL-xYduTY0PLS5dX6muZPl-E5FcRixKXrSnv1vJlGOro348aVt31a1rMM-SNasuI67IIdtGb8WPYcUXNRb29SQ1ixK6thU4mbaBqWw1ie_F4Xwux3DyDHPkO1rJzJ3ix-tp8JT94SiKLSgFGSeFBqUogvtD1ECzn_j7Xzphg83ht0y-VpD6iBi3TPTlyM-fzF_J4hQQ9CLQ3=w731-h974-no

My first amiibo. I have the SS amiibo in the mail waiting for me once I get home. I had to drive twenty minutes to GS next town over on my lunch but it was worth it. They had it behind the counter along with a couple of the Guardian amiibos and a Zelda (BOTW) amiibo. I don't know how rare those are but I got what I came for.

That massive price sticker, lol

So coming soon likely means it's sold out? Or at least their preorder allotment is sold out? Should I expect it to come back or order one from Walmart?

It means they sold out the initial preorder allocation. Make back up preorders if you're waiting for BB to get more back for the GCU discount.

A GameStop near my school has a pre-order or two that haven't been picked up yet. They won't be released for sale until Friday, so they have some time to pick them up, but here's hoping, lol. My class gets off about a half-hour before the store opens, so I can head straight there and hope for the best if the app is still showing it in stock tomorrow night.

SeanR1221

A GameStop near my school has a pre-order or two that haven't been picked up yet. They won't be released for sale until Friday, so they have some time to pick them up, but here's hoping, lol. My class gets off about a half-hour before the store opens, so I can head straight there and hope for the best if the app is still showing it in stock tomorrow night.

Mine too. She said they have 2 and have been calling the people. She said they'd be up for sale in a day or 2

JJH

Should I just close the door on the thought of getting MM without going through ebay? I can't find any stores in my area that have any.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Should I just close the door on the thought of getting MM without going through ebay? I can't find any stores in my area that have any.

There should be a restock soon. My BBuy order is supposed to come in next week (or the week afyer, cause holidays). If nothing comes within a few weeks, then go ahead.

Yarbskoo

Yes, but this link for some reason goes to a different place than the other one. That said, they won't ship them to Germany it seems...

Any good EU retailers to try perhaps?

Yes, obviously I changed the link to take you directly to what you were looking for. Wouldn't make much sense to just post the same link you already said you were having issues with.

I can't really help you with EU retailers though, my experience is limited to having things shipped to North America.

BOTW champs are all out of stock, I see...

Still lasted longer than the three exclusive Links.

LiK

I think I'll import the 30th anniversary Zelda amiibos I'm missing. Even with a forwarding service, they're cheaper than buying from eBay and Amazon US resellers. Tired of waiting for NA restock.

SeanR1221

There should be a restock soon. My BBuy order is supposed to come in next week (or the week afyer, cause holidays). If nothing comes within a few weeks, then go ahead.

Is that confirmed for all 3 links?

I think I'll import the 30th anniversary Zelda amiibos I'm missing. Even with a forwarding service, they're cheaper than buying from eBay and Amazon US resellers. Tired of waiting for NA restock.

Wheres the best place to get the WW link/zelda?

Luke_Wal

I can't speak for every Best Buy, but if my store is indicative of a trend: we got a whole bunch of BotW amiibo in tonight. I saw several Guardians, as well as Link Archer, Zelda, and what looked like Link Horseman. Take a look tomorrow! It also depends on when your BBuy gets their trucks.

Well, no one picked it up today either. Now it just has to last through tomorrow...

... and then no one can get to the store before me on Friday, lol

Edit: Oops, didn't realize I had the most recent post.

Raitaro

Yes, obviously I changed the link to take you directly to what you were looking for. Wouldn't make much sense to just post the same link you already said you were having issues with.

I can't really help you with EU retailers though, my experience is limited to having things shipped to North America.

Cheers (anyway)!

I actually managed to preorder both Metroid amiibo at my local Saturn (along with a backup Snes mini), since they had entries for them in their computer system even though they're not on the Saturn website at all, so hopefully this will end up with me getting them. Not sure how reliable they are for these things though...

Yarbskoo

Cheers (anyway)!

I actually managed to preorder both Metroid amiibo at my local Saturn (along with a backup Snes mini), since they had entries for them in their computer system even though they're not on the Saturn website at all, so hopefully this will end up with me getting them. Not sure how reliable they are for these things though...

Hopefully it works out. Everyone should own at least one squishy Metroid.

RootCause

SS Link looks so nice. Now all I'm missing are the champions, which I don't expect to go up on amazon until the release date.

By the way, do you guys think we'll get the rest of the links? Minish, Zelda II, ALTTP?
I know people are sick of Link, but that would be pretty awesome.

Oh, and I can't wait for the Metroid amiibo
(pls Fusion Suit
. :D

JJH

Went on my lunch to BB and saw they had a bunch of BOTW restock. I snagged up a Guardian but still no Majoras Mask.

Chorazin

I can't speak for every Best Buy, but if my store is indicative of a trend: we got a whole bunch of BotW amiibo in tonight. I saw several Guardians, as well as Link Archer, Zelda, and what looked like Link Horseman. Take a look tomorrow! It also depends on when your BBuy gets their trucks.

A small Gamestop near me has a bunch of the BotW Amiibo in as well, seems like more stock is getting out there.

Buddy of mine knew i missed out on Skyward Sword Link and he is now sending me one cause he had an extra now i dont have to pay the really high ebay prices :D

LiK

bought all 4

fuck the bullshit of trying to get these on release day in the USA

I an't got time to play around and go to stores to see if they got these things in stock. That going to gamestop and asking if they something and they tell me, oh we only allocated for pre-orders.....

Pretty expesnive with the shipping but I also preordered them as backup just in case BB screws up my preorders.

Chorazin

bought all 4

fuck the bullshit of trying to get these on release day in the USA

I an't got time to play around and go to stores to see if they got these things in stock. That going to gamestop and asking if they something and they tell me, oh we only allocated for pre-orders.....

Yeah, I went ahead and pre-ordered them from Amazon.jp as well. I missed them on Best Buy and getting all four on launch day from Amazon US would be a huge gamble.

RootCause

Pretty expesnive with the shipping but I also preordered them as backup just in case BB screws up my preorders.

How much did you pay for these? :eek:
My order came at $78 compared to $67 on BB, and $64 on Amazon US.

Yeah, I went ahead and pre-ordered them from Amazon.jp as well. I missed them on Best Buy and getting all four on launch day from Amazon US would be a huge gamble.

Yup, not having to watch the listing like a hawk is more than worth it. :p

Laws00

It's silly I'm getting worked up not being able to get a kids toy lol

And over the last few years I was like fuck amiibos....now look at me

Chorazin

It's silly I'm getting worked up not being able to get a kids toy lol

And over the last few years I was like fuck amiibos....now look at me

I owned like 9 of them before BotW, and most I picked up super cheap....then the addiction took hold and I have way too many right now.

Top Bottom