• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

shandy706

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Got mine pre-ordered.

I'm extremely pissed at Best Buy right now though. I pre-ordered Majora's Mask Link with them and it ended up coming in while I was on vacation. They canceled my order before I got back knowing full and well I pick all my stuff up there. I've ordered tons to that store :mad:.

Do all the workers know you though? Retail sees and goes through A LOT of people, daily. Next time it might be a good idea to let them know that you are gone for a bit, to put it on an extended hold.

shandy706

Do all the workers know you though? Retail sees and goes through A LOT of people, daily. Next time it might be a good idea to let them know that you are gone for a bit, to put it on an extended hold.

No...and I figure that's what it is. It just sucks, as I was only 1 day late to their "pre-order pickup cutoff". :(

I once forgot I ordered a Hat with Lids and showed up 2 months late (actually came into the store to get another order) and the guy goes.."I've had your other order for forever, but I knew you'd come for it." LOL

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
No...and I figure that's what it is. It just sucks, as I was only 1 day late to their "pre-order pickup cutoff". :(

Exclusive items can't be kept on hold forever, though. Some stores policies are getting more strict nowadays, because sometimes people don't come back, and other customers want to buy it. Back when I worked at Gamestop, some people even fully paid off pre-orders, and just never came back.

Somewhat OT, but what's the best Twitter account to follow for general Nintendo-related alerts (Amiibo, SNES Classic, etc.) that's NOT @Wario64?

Pre-orders in the last week...

(1) Mario Odyssey 3 pack (Walmart)

(2) Metroid 2 pack (Best Buy)

Must...resist...Champions....

If there was a 4 pack I would probably cave, no idea why that is.

Vidiot

Yeah, I can't get this shit to work. I fucking hate Nintendo and their dip shit moronic stock for almost everything they make.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
how many times do we have to say order now and decide later after 2 years

people pls

PSFan

Looks like scalpers are having a hard time reselling SS Link on Amazon. The price has been steadily dropping. It's down to $40 now.

Most Gamestops apparently got some today. First store I went to got two. I missed out. I drove to a different one and just waited for them to open their shipment. Got one!

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
how many times do we have to say order now and decide later after 2 years

people pls

The issue is in the case of the Metroid one is that I'd be buying it just to buy it. I don't have the same attachment to the Metroid franchise that I do some of Nintendo's other IP.

Sushigod7

Restocks of TP amiibo hit a bunch of stores most sold out here in Orlando fast I called all over today but tracked one down at Millenia Mall location they had a few left an hour ago but call before you go.

TheGrue

Got the last TP Link from my local GameStop. They wouldn't hold it for me but it was still there a couple hours later when I went by. Now just need the MM one.

Tomita

Got an order for the Guardian amiibo at Best Buy and went to pick it up. As the guy was putting it in the bag, he joked about how "I know how important the amiibo packaging is..." which made me laugh. And the order sticker was on the plastic part of the packaging, not on the cardboard part. So they really do care! Although maybe the sticker was on the plastic part of the packaging because the Guardian amiibo is so huge and there's more surface space for that...

I don't even care about the packaging, lol. I felt kind of bad opening this one since the package is so nice. There's even a grassy bottom on it. ):

Also I'm having the worst luck with the Champion amiibo. Only got Daruk and Revali preordered so far. Every time they come up, the shipping options keep bugging out until they're no longer in stock. Also wish Majora would come back up, welp. Also have zero luck with the Twilight "restocks", though I wanted Skyward more than Twilight Link, so eh.

Got TP Link today, too. Watched the stores slowly scan in the stock throughout the morning until one reasonably close to me popped up. They wound up have 6 when I got there, which was pretty crazy. Now I have all Zelda amiibo except for the Bokoblin. Was kinda hoping that one would be a clearance buy, but even it ultimately sold pretty well and still seems to be sold out... I'll pick it up eventually.

Shauni

Got the last Twilight Princess Link at my GS yesterday, and I snagged the Skyward Sword one when it went live. So, I'm good. Don't care about the MM Link, so I don't care that I missed it really. Still salty we got that lame ass figure and not Fierce Deity.

kunonabi

Finally ordered Wario and Waluigi so now I just need the Kirby line and a couple Smash amiibo and I'll be all caught up with the stuff released in the US that I want.

So pumped to get the Twilight Princess Link yesterday. Now I just need Cloud Player 2 and Corrin Player 2 and I am 100% caught up! Assuming Corrin will go live on 7/21 for an hour or so and Cloud will be tough to get at first much like TP Link was. It's amazing how much better Best Buy is at the whole exclusive thing than Amazon and Gamestop.

Tomita

Sucks that Cloud Player 2 is another GameStop exclusive ): The "original" one is still up for pre-order on Wal-Mart though, funny enough.

Walked into best buy, they had like 10 guardians and tons of every other botw amiibo. Glad I waited since I could use my gc discount on it. I agree that best buy is far and away the best amiibo buying experience.

Persona7

Banned
Sucks that Cloud Player 2 is another GameStop exclusive ): The "original" one is still up for pre-order on Wal-Mart though, funny enough.

I think gamestop is getting a huge allotment of this exclusive because every store I went to last week still had it open for pre-order.

prateeko

So pumped to get the Twilight Princess Link yesterday. Now I just need Cloud Player 2 and Corrin Player 2 and I am 100% caught up! Assuming Corrin will go live on 7/21 for an hour or so and Cloud will be tough to get at first much like TP Link was. It's amazing how much better Best Buy is at the whole exclusive thing than Amazon and Gamestop.

Yeah but Amazon will probably ship them in the worst possible way again

Raitaro

So I managed to pre-order the two Metroid amiibo in my local Saturn store (a while ago on June 29th) by asking an employee to check their internal computer system for them (which worked), but I'm a bit worried that both of them still don't seem to be showing up at their online store (or Mediamarkt's for that matter; unless the search function is failing me in both cases).

German Gaf, how sure can I be that my Saturn will actually get these items despite their webstore not showing them still? I'm still mostly new to Germany so any info is welcome.

Top Bottom