• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

The TP Link amiibo I've had my eye on is still showing as in stock online (pre-ordered stock, no one had picked it up) and no one's outside the store (opens in 9 min) so with some luck it'll be mine!

Watch as it was picked up yesterday and it's 24 hours delayed lol.

Edit: Manager was there, said the hold for 3 weeks, but on Wednesday the store said 1 week on the phone (another guy arrived after me and said he was told the same on the same day). I swear the manager was the same person on the phone too, sooooo thinking she's a dirty liar lol

Hmm this is interesting. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but you can leave packaging feedback for SS Link on Amazon now. Previously (or at least for me) you weren't able to. I had figured they KNEW they were gonna get complaints and disabled it but maybe it was just a thing where you had to wait a bit.

I'd encourage everyone who hasn't already to leave feedback. It's totally unacceptable to send something like that in a bubble mailer. Obviously we've had this talk already though lmao

I don't know if anyone posted in this thread about it, but P2 Corrin was up on Amazon UK's site a few days ago. You can preorder it (it says it doesn't ship to US, but when you go through the buying process it says it does) and it comes out to be around $20. It's not a bad idea to try and preorder one now just in case you don't get a chance later.

Yeah, I went ahead and pre-ordered them from Amazon.jp as well. I missed them on Best Buy and getting all four on launch day from Amazon US would be a huge gamble.

Same deal here. And Gamestop wanted $5.99 each for shipping within the US. That's $88 + tax, so about $15 more than getting them with 2-3 day shipping from Amazon Japan which is nuts.

LiK

Amazon Japan also always packages their things well. They use the good ol plastic wrap over a cardboard backing. It always keeps the packages safe. I dunno why Amazon US abandoned that packing method.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon Japan also always packages their things well. They use the good ol plastic wrap over a cardboard backing. It always keeps the packages safe. I dunno why Amazon US abandoned that packing method.

Amazon US used to do it too? (Here it's more about going cheap than quality and integrity :/)

LiK

This is the first time I've received an amiibo in a bubble mailer. Hopefully it's not the norm now. :(

Sorry, but Amazon basically sends most game related stuff in bubble mailers now. Doesn't matter if it's a toy or accessory from my experience. I hate buying LEs from them because they like using bubble mailers.

The TP Link amiibo I've had my eye on is still showing as in stock online (pre-ordered stock, no one had picked it up) and no one's outside the store (opens in 9 min) so with some luck it'll be mine!

Watch as it was picked up yesterday and it's 24 hours delayed lol.

Edit: Manager was there, said the hold for 3 weeks, but on Wednesday the store said 1 week on the phone (another guy arrived after me and said he was told the same on the same day). I swear the manager was the same person on the phone too, sooooo thinking she's a dirty liar lol

A three week hold? That seems ridiculous. At that point I would be giving the store negative feedback about refusing to sell you product

A three week hold? That seems ridiculous. At that point I would be giving the store negative feedback about refusing to sell you product
I just checked and it's no longer in stock, too.

I think she literally straight up lied to me. That, or her employees didn't get the memo, even after her being so confused that "someone" was telling people the hold would lift today. Because I don't buy for a second the person who preordered just happened to finally come today.

I just checked and it's no longer in stock, too.

I think she literally straight up lied to me. That, or her employees didn't get the memo, even after her being so confused that "someone" was telling people the hold would lift today. Because I don't buy for a second the person who preordered just happened to finally come today.

Yeah there's something fishy going on there. If it were me, I'd file a complaint

ta155

For anyone in this neck of the woods in the UK, Game at Bluewater have restocked a couple of the BotW figures. Picked up Archer Link, but they also had Rider Link and I think Zelda.

EDIT: Apparently Game stores across the UK have had stock of the two Links in today.

Do people here think you're going to be able to find Splatoon 2 Amiibo in the wild on launch day or not?

Don't really want to go to Best Buy on Splatoon launch day, but they seem sold out everywhere else (the Squid is already sold out)

I got the first Splatoon trio at Target on launch day, was hoping for the same thing this go around.

Do people here think you're going to be able to find Splatoon 2 Amiibo in the wild on launch day or not?

Don't really want to go to Best Buy on Splatoon launch day, but they seem sold out everywhere else (the Squid is already sold out)

I got the first Splatoon trio at Target on launch day, was hoping for the same thing this go around.

I, personally, have never had luck with anything other than pre-ordering. I decided I liked Amiibos too late into the game and always just reserved them to be safe. I think I'm only missing like 5 tops at this point, and they're all Smash wave 1/2

SeanR1221

The boy and girl probably. You can still pre-order those everywhere.

The squid is already limited so I'd imagine that will be tough to find. Its still on walmart but I don't think anywhere else

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Inkling-...on-Series-amiibo-Universal-Universal/55779038

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I picked up my MM Link from Best Buy, and they had extras. My friend was with me and he got one for himself from thr batch.

Soooo go check/call your locsl BBuys!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Is it me or does nintendo hate money? they cannot make enough nintendo switches, they barely make enough best selling amiibos, lets not even talk about the nes classic and the up and coming snes classic. There is a switch case made by nintendo i want but it has never been restocked.

LiK

Is it me or does nintendo hate money? they cannot make enough nintendo switches, they barely make enough best selling amiibos, lets not even talk about the nes classic and the up and coming snes classic. There is a switch case made by nintendo i want but it has never been restocked.

They're afraid of extra stock. The most hilarious thing is they made way too many Animal Crossing amiibo. Stores can't seem to get rid of them.

zigg

I picked up my MM Link from Best Buy, and they had extras. My friend was with me and he got one for himself from thr batch.

Soooo go check/call your locsl BBuys!
Buying from Best Buy has been such a great experience lately. I won’t absolve Nintendo of blame for having the stupid idea to make these amiibo exclusive in the first place, but I think considerable blame for execution can be laid at GameStop’s and Amazon’s feet.

AGITΩ

My best buy got restocked on several zelda amiibos. Seems to be the case with many others as well when i checked their inventory.
5eeO2kE.jpg

LiK

AGITΩ;242410713 said:
My best buy got restocked on several zelda amiibos. Seems to be the case with many others as well when i checked their inventory.

Good news. Hope you picked up the MM Link

leroidys

What do you guys reckon are the best amiibo at this point purely with respect to unlocks and gameplay implications?

For me it's probably Animal Crossing New Leaf. Being able to invite any villager to your town, plus the several all new villagers was pretty amazing.

Aside from that I can't really think of any game that answers the question of "why do I have so much plastic shit" that arises everytime I take my amiibo bin out.

Cindro

What do you guys reckon are the best amiibo at this point purely with respect to unlocks and gameplay implications?
I love the first Splatoon, so the Splatoon amiibos were worth it to me for adding replayability to the campaign.

I really want to play through Master Mode in BotW exclusively as Fierce Deity Link, so the MM amiibo is extra valuable to me because of that, but of course I couldn't get one despite being at Best Buy on launch day right as the doors opened.

For me it's probably Animal Crossing New Leaf. Being able to invite any villager to your town, plus the several all new villagers was pretty amazing.

Aside from that I can't really think of any game that answers the question of "why do I have so much plastic shit" that arises everytime I take my amiibo bin out.

I like the Zelda amiibo since they give you some cool exclusive weapons and gear, as well as materials and decent weapons/shields, but it's not super special.

Honestly, I'm just wondering why the fuck they haven't leveraged all of the bajillions of amiibo already out there and released something in the vein of Lego Dimensions or Skylanders. I would LOVE an adventure game that let me scan in any amiibo I've gotten. Would be nuts.

RedBoot

Honestly, I'm just wondering why the fuck they haven't leveraged all of the bajillions of amiibo already out there and released something in the vein of Lego Dimensions or Skylanders. I would LOVE an adventure game that let me scan in any amiibo I've gotten. Would be nuts.

I had thought this was inevitable a while back, but at this point it might legitimately be unfeasible with the number of unique amiibo. At least as far as a Skylanders-esque game is concerned. Something with less asset creation might be viable.

But hey, we still have amiibo Tap! Enjoy 90 seconds of F-Zero! :p

Not sure if anyone's interested, but yesterday I managed to get Chibi Robo on 3DS with the Amiibo for £9.96 in my local Toys R Us. They also still had lots of Twilight Princess HD with Wolf Link Amiibo for £49.99.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I like the Zelda amiibo since they give you some cool exclusive weapons and gear, as well as materials and decent weapons/shields, but it's not super special.
Starting a Master Mode file in BotW those Amiibo drops are VERY helpful at the beginning of the game.

I had thought this was inevitable a while back, but at this point it might legitimately be unfeasible with the number of unique amiibo. At least as far as a Skylanders-esque game is concerned. Something with less asset creation might be viable.

But hey, we still have amiibo Tap! Enjoy 90 seconds of F-Zero! :p

I think it could still be possible, but it would take a big development team to do it. Nintendo probably doesn't want to make a game like that or invest the resources in it. I know Skylanders has been around for a while, but there are 350 Skylanders out there, and you can use them all in the latest game.

kunonabi

My MM and SS Link imports came in. SS Link turned out pretty well aside from the bendy sword. The face actually looks really solid. MM Link on the other hand has some paint issues on his sleeve. Looks like TP Link wins this round for me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wouldn't be surprised if they were similar to how they were used in Hyrule Warriors, i.e. unlocking an exclusive weapon or getting random weapons, upgrade items, money, etc.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
BotW amiibos back in stock on Best Buy online. I guess grab them if you still need them.

I saw a Zelda in store the other day but I don't really like the look of the figure. It's nice to finally be able to pass on amiibo when this time two years back I'd pretty much buy 'em sight unseen.

I'm not really crazy about any of the Zelda series outside of the 8-bit Link, which I do have. I'd probably bite on the Wind Waker 2-pack at non-scalper prices though.

The Metroid 2-pack is also available for pre-order on Best Buy's site, and I'm similarly torn as to whether or not I want it. Bleh.

Top Bottom