• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Checked three Gamestops the other day after work during that small restock of TP Link. No one had him.

Thankfully a friend of mine grabbed me one when she was out. Neat! So I think whenever I get the Bokoblin that's every Zelda related amiibo.

Now let me weep in peace for not getting Qbby and Gold Mega Man when I could. Ugh I had the Mega Man collection in my hands a while back for like $25 and I was like "eh I don't need it right now".

It seems like Poochy is also slowly disappearing from stores. Anyone still have him?

The_Kid

Does anyone else like, hate actually using your amiibo? All of mine are unboxed but it gets annoying to scan them in botw every few days when I'd rather just keep them displayed XD

kunonabi

Wario and Waluigi came in so I'm caught up on the Super Mario line. Wario looks great although he looks kind of cross-eyed. Waluigi has a few defects but they aren't really noticeable. I'll probably start on the Kirby line next since they seem to be vanishing.

Does anyone else like, hate actually using your amiibo? All of mine are unboxed but it gets annoying to scan them in botw every few days when I'd rather just keep them displayed XD

yes and its why once i get the items i wanted from the games im using them in i stop scanning them.

Tomita

Kinda. Especially now that I have the Guardian amiibo...I don't have a huge amount of space to display my amiibo right now, so I had to move the arrow Link on a shelf next to the Guardian so the setup looked more visually appealing and stuff. Except my one Splatoon amiibo is sitting next to my other Zelda amiibos like a doofus because there wasn't room to put the guy next to my Earthbound ones. (And those are the only three series I have amiibo for since I talked myself out of buying Lucina.)

Most of the time I want to use my Guardian amiibo, I lift it up and make a card displaying behind it fall down. ):

Raitaro

The Qbby amiibo makes me sad. I enjoyed those games and would totally have bought a cart/amiibo combo to play them again.

Yeah, seems even Nintendo still can get away these practices of not localizing something people in the West already have some attachment to. Makes me feel like all the things we do get are more lucky shots or signs of goodwill than systematic decisions based on region parity sometimes.

Edit: seems like Odyssey Mario and Bowser amiibo are up on Amazon.de, but not Peach for some reason. Goomba and Koopa are also up, though personally I'll be skipping those.

Edit 2: Any word on the BOTW Champions amiibo in Germany? Amazon.de doesn't list them yet it seems.

-shadow-

Anyone knows if the original Smash Yoshi amiibo has been out of production since Woolly World come out or something? I've been wanting to finish up the Smash line up and be done with the amiibo, but this is the one that I legit can not find at all anymore for a decent price...

Anyone knows if the original Smash Yoshi amiibo has been out of production since Woolly World come out or something? I've been wanting to finish up the Smash line up and be done with the amiibo, but this is the one that I legit can not find at all anymore for a decent price...

Smash Yoshi's last production run was November 2014.

Every time a Smash character has a new figure introduced as part of a different line, the Smash version is discontinued (Link did get a run after a few other Link amiibo, but I believe they were specifically waiting on TP Link). So in the case of Yoshi, the Super Mario line counterpart was the death knell.

zigg

Seems like the best bet for those who don't have prime, GCU, and want a deal. I ordered a Ryu from them and it came in a box with padding. So you should be safe people who wanna keep it in box
GCU puts them all at $12.79, which makes this deal slightly cheaper. $51.16 vs. $50.35.

I'm just gonna keep my BB order though. My rewards would be at least $2.50, maybe more? I forget how the bonuses work with amiibo.

Cool to hear they treat them better than Amazon does. Best Buy has also been getting better. Amazon is rapidly becoming the worst company to buy things from.

Moog_

Neo Member
Been out of the amiibo game for a while, but this morning my local Gamestop got a single TP Link in stock. One of the assistant managers posted it on FB and I managed to get there first and snag it.

I think I'm back in the game now. Oh god.

-shadow-

Smash Yoshi's last production run was November 2014.

Every time a Smash character has a new figure introduced as part of a different line, the Smash version is discontinued (Link did get a run after a few other Link amiibo, but I believe they were specifically waiting on TP Link). So in the case of Yoshi, the Super Mario line counterpart was the death knell.

November 2014!? Well that absolutely blows. I understand that they wanted to have a new and different one. But it's just bizarre that they'd kill certain (Smash) amiibo even before the entire line-up is finished. Well guess it's time to look for second hand copies...

November 2014!? Well that absolutely blows. I understand that they wanted to have a new and different one. But it's just bizarre that they'd kill certain (Smash) amiibo even before the entire line-up is finished. Well guess it's time to look for second hand copies...
In all fairness, Yoshi and the other Mario figures all had several runs of fairly large size, so it's not as bad as it sounds. They were available in stores for a while. (looks like Amazon had it until July 2015) Still sucks for folks still trying to wrap up, but I do think it's understandable to try to keep functionally identical figures of the same character down to one.

As a side note, now would be a good time to pickup Smash Samus for anyone that hasn't done so. The Samus Returns figure will definitely be replacing it, and expect remaining stock to sell faster with the game coming soon, similar to what happened with Zelda (though obviously less extreme).

I'm still trying to get bowser jr :(
I'm surprised he never got a major reprint and stayed TRU exclusive. I doubt he'll get a Super Mario figure anytime soon though, so there's always hope. (he's not in Odyssey, right?)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Any word on that Odyssey 3-pack? Best Buy still doesn't have it up (though I gave in & pre-ordered Pikmin, Chrom, Tiki, Koopa, & Goomba while I was looking) & Amazon has it listed, but not available. I just need to pre-order the 3-pack along with the Metroid 2-pack.

........speaking of Amazon, when the hell is Corrin P2 gonna be available?

Garlador

Check your local Gamestops if you're missing TP Link. Mine had several and doing a "store availability" search on their website showed plenty more are available.

Why did I even enter this thread. It's 2am and I just preordered:

Walmart

Metroid 2pack
All 4 Zelda BoTW Champions

Best Buy

Cloud
3 Wedding Outfit Odyssey figures
Koopa and Goomba

The_Kid

Ugh. That buy 1 get 2 free on animal crossing amiibo pulled me back into the cards. I can complete the whole 3rd series for like 40 bucks probably.

Frogstep

Best Buy charged me for my P2 Bayonetta! I also did male Corrin through them since other places had him sold out. He's on hold on right now cause no monies on my card but that'll be resolved soon.

Smash wave so close to being done with. Finally!

Persona7

Banned
Any chance of Best Buy opening bayo P2 up for shipping? I just noticed my order is for store pickup at a store that is hundreds of miles away and the closest one to me now is like 45 minutes away.

Neiteio

Any chance of Best Buy opening bayo P2 up for shipping? I just noticed my order is for store pickup at a store that is hundreds of miles away and the closest one to me now is like 45 minutes away.
Whoa, really? I know mine said it would ship to my home, back when I ordered it. Have they changed that since then?

edit: Best as I can tell, all four of my Best Buy amiibo are shipping to my home (Cloud, Bayo, Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy).

edit 2: Hey, wait a sec, I thought I had Bayo Player 2 preordered, as well. It's no longer shown on my order screen...

Neiteio

Yeah, I just checked my emails, and I had ordered five amiibo, and never canceled any of them, but now my order status only shows four of them. Bayo Player 2 is no longer there. Any thoughts on what happened?

Shauni

I just checked my order and my Bayo Player 2 is still there. Did you check your order history to see if it's still there?

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Toys R Us had the Mii 3-Pack on sale for $17.99 over the weekend so fuck it, picked one up for the hell of it. I might end up just passing it on but I've yet to see it on sale so I figure I'll make that decision later.

I might have my Smash Yoshi still sealed, let me dig through my boxes and see what I can find. I'll try to PM you by the end of the day tomorrow.

Ugh. That buy 1 get 2 free on animal crossing amiibo pulled me back into the cards. I can complete the whole 3rd series for like 40 bucks probably.

Where would this sale be at?

Edit: Also, thinking of putting an order in at Best Buy for the three Splatoon amiibo this weekend. Funny enough I can't seem to pre-order the game for pickup at my local BB though. Instead of splitting the order between two Best Buy locations I figure I'll just buy the game in-store. They can't possibly have pre-ordered their entire allotment of the game for launch, could they?

Tomita

Man, I didn't even get the option to ship to home when ordering the Champion amiibo from Best Buy. It sucks cause they still have no official release date ("Holiday 2017" doesn't count), and I might move before they come out. Travelling miles and miles to the Best Buy if I move will be a pain.

Frogstep

My P2 Bayo has shipped and is expected to arrive on Wednesday. 5 down and 1 to go. Don't screw me Amazon. I want my P2 Corrin, destroyed packaging and all!

Velcro Fly

I feel like with Amazon I have a better than average chance of getting that P2 Corrin. Although everyone using the free trial of prime for prime day last week may make it a clusterfuck after all.

What are the odds of getting a P2 Cloud from gamestop? I missed the pre-orders on it apparently.

I also have to say how surprised I am that so much of the Mario line has kinda disappeared. I was waiting on a sale to grab Luigi, Koopa and a couple others since they were tons of them everywhere, my mistake I guess. Kinda feel that way on Smash Luigi, Yoshi and Boswer too.

Shauni

What are the odds of getting a P2 Cloud from gamestop? I missed the pre-orders on it apparently.

I also have to say how surprised I am that so much of the Mario line has kinda disappeared. I was waiting on a sale to grab Luigi, Koopa and a couple others since they were tons of them everywhere, my mistake I guess. Kinda feel that way on Smash Luigi, Yoshi and Boswer too.

If you can get to a GameStop as it opens it's probably your best bet lol. Also, Koopa amiibo isn't out yet.

My P2 Bayo has shipped and is expected to arrive on Wednesday. 5 down and 1 to go. Don't screw me Amazon. I want my P2 Corrin, destroyed packaging and all!

The release date isn't until Friday, they shipping it out early

KingBroly

Banned
I'll have to be at Best Buy when it opens to pick up Bayonetta. I'll drive to Gamestop to get Cloud afterwards.

Weird thing is I ordered Bayo-Cloud-Corrin from Best Buy, but they only shipped Bayo. P1 version.

Top Bottom