• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

deim0s

Got my copy, a couple of hours till I play it.

Aside from Bayonetta, the two other modes will be offered in PSN too?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Oh the difficulty doesnt matter? Guess i'll just playthrough once on hard and then tackle the other trophies on normal.

Best way to do it:

Once on Normal with Rampage finishes*(and no death)

Once on Hard starting with the side you didn't choose on normal with Killer Weapon finishes*

Then complete the other Red Sides you didn't complete on each difficulty level through mission select.

and that's all your hardest trophies taken care of in 2 playthroughs

The rest you can knock out in free mode if memory serves. The only hard one out of those is throw teching because CPU rarely ever throws.

*Means killing every Boss/Player character encounter in the main acts with that type of move. (I don't think it applies to Gargoyles or Kraken and Cthulu but I'm not sure better safe than sorry)

Platinum for this game is really easy. I'm considering renting the US PS3 version just to have all my PG Platinums on the same region lol

Riposte

If that's the no death completion one then yes.

but like Bayo and Vanquish you can cheese it by quitting to main menu and reloading from previous checkpoint.

If you retire from the mission though it still counts and you're fucked permanently for that playthrough

hahaha, wow. That's really not specified in the game. I might just say fuck it since I wouldn't want to burn too much time doing this.

In any case, it hardly matters. I'm getting completely destroyed by Durga (the first real boss fight) on Hard. I thought I knew how to play this game. Apparently I don't at all lol. He does a lot of damage and I do very little and he is kind of tough to pin down. (Another thing that is mostly unrelated to the game: I think my PS3 controller is dying out on me. It randomly shuts off even if it is fully charged... turns out this isn't one of those games that pauses when that happens.)

EDIT: It is a pretty hard swing so far. The grunts in the first free mission and those hanging around the world have been sort of like "musou" enemies while Durga is on crack and steroids.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
We can't connect to any online games here on PS3. When joining a room, I hear voice chat, but it can't load player icons, the it times out with a connection error.

Our PS3 NAT is type 2, and every other online game works perfectly - KZ3, Uncharted 3, PSASBR, fighting games, etc.

Will try some more in the morning.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
hahaha, wow. That's really not specified in the game. I might just say fuck it I wouldn't want to burn too much time doing this.

In any case, it hardly matters. I'm getting completely destroyed by Durga (the first real boss fight) on Hard. I thought I knew how to play this game. Apparently I don't at all lol. He does a lot of damage and I do very little and he is kind of tough to pin down. (Another thing that is mostly unrelated to the game: I think my PS3 controller is dying out on me. It randomly shuts off even if it is fully charged... turns out this isn't one of those games that pauses when that happens.)

Yeah all the bosses in hard are in "desperation" mode from the start of the fight

Meaning they have a whole bunch of perks active that make them better than their normal base versions. In normal(and easy maybe) it only activates at low life. and even then they aren't nearly as aggressive.

I think Durga, and the Durga/Garuda fights are the hardest in the game though just because of how Durga's moveset benefits from that and how the AI abuses it. The rest of the game is cake after those two.

If you're having trouble best thing to do is to bring weapons and a full rampage bar into the fight from free mode.(If you haven't figured it out, every time it rains a randomly generated larger enemy encounter in generated. when you complete that encounter a grunt will run and item crate from OOB into the playing field for you. So you can farm items this way to bring into missions)

Volcynika

hahaha, wow. That's really not specified in the game. I might just say fuck it since I wouldn't want to burn too much time doing this.

EDIT: It is a pretty hard swing so far. The grunts in the first free mission and those hanging around the world have been sort of like "musou" enemies while Durga is on crack and steroids.

To be fair, Durga on hard is one of the hardest missions you'll run into. :p

Riposte

Yeah all the bosses in hard are in "desperation" mode from the start of the fight

Meaning they have a whole bunch of perks active that make them better than their normal base versions.

Honestly they're more annoying than challenging.

If you're having trouble best thing to do is to bring weapons and a full rampage bar into the fight from free mode.(If you haven't figured it out, every time it rains a randomly generated larger enemy encounter in generated. when you complete that encounter a grunt will run and item crate from OOB into the playing field for you. So you can farm items this way to bring into missions)

The two items I have do shit damage, but I could be using them incorrectly. The incendiary grenade and missile launcher.

Is there a leveling system in this game or something?

To be fair, Durga on hard is one of the hardest missions you'll run into. :p

Oh really? That's slightly reassuring.

EDIT: Since I'm still focused on games of 2012... maybe I'll just stick to multiplayer until I finish up my top 10 of the year. I can see this game might take time...

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The two items I have do shit damage, but I could be using them incorrectly. The incendiary grenade and missile launcher.

Electric traps are the best for boss fights as they give you free damage and the enemies just walk into them

Shield is good too as you can set up something big while they're breaking it, but I'm not sure if they break it faster in hard

Is there a leveling system in this game or something?

Not really no.

Oh really? That's slightly reassuring.

Yeah Durga and Durga/Garuda were the two hardest encounters for me by far in my hard run.

I was going for Platinum medals on everything too I don't even remember how I did it. I probably used traps

Riposte

Clearly getting better, because I beat him. That felt good. However, I died once... I'm just going to say forget it to a Max Anarchy run. Vanquish was way easier to manage in that respect. I hope I don't feel like I'm being cheap later on in the game. (EDIT: Also if deaths in the overworld counts, then I can see things like trucks randomly killing you in one hit spoiling the fun of doing a perfect run.)

One thing that's bugging me right now is me losing lock-on in the middle of a heated battle. Don't know what's causing that.

Oh, btw, I'm playing on the White side. Leo (S. Kennedy)

Ferrio

Banned
So how good is mathilda considered? I joined a cage match and got destroyed by a durga and mad bull. Until I discovered her jumping heavy killer attack, then I was able to win... but the rest of her shit seemed bleh.

Also what causes stuns besides guard breaks? I seem to get stunned quite a lot.

geebee

Banned
Shitty Gamestop didn't even have my in-store pickup order prepared. If the remaining copies has been sold out, I would've been shit out of luck. Good thing I still got this Bayonetta DLC code which was the reason I did business with Gamestop. Let me go redeem this code.. oh, wait...

BearPawB

Banned
I'm confused. the OP says the single player is bad but multi is great? Im seeing tweets saying the opposite:
"@bradgallaway: Can't say I enjoy the multi in Anarchy Reigns, but the campaign is great. For $30? Hell yeah."

Maybe i will pick this up....

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Sigh. None of the characters I want to play are default except Bayonetta.

This has really dampened my urge to play it.

Who do you want to use?

I could atleast tell you how to unlock them the quickest, then you could just unlock the rest through multi

Are there any tricks to not just dying in one endless combo from everyone? Any way to escape a chain or something like that? I know I just got the game and probably am missing some important mechanics, but it's really frustrating me that everyone I've played online seems to be pulling this kind of stuff off on the first day.

Are there any tricks to not just dying in one endless combo from everyone? Any way to escape a chain or something like that? I know I just got the game and probably am missing some important mechanics, but it's really frustrating me that everyone I've played online seems to be pulling this kind of stuff off on the first day.
If you're not being juggled do your 360 attack (X+A or Square+X) to get out of it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The ninja dude, the Rin Trio.

Don't know which one, but I like all of their designs.

Rin and Zero are in Act 3 Black Side, Fei and Ai are in 3 on White

So you only have to play as far as that on either side to get a few characters you're interested in, as well as all of those along the way

grind it out son should take an hour or two tops if you do the bare minimum.

I'd go with Fei and Ai. I think you unlock Zero and Rin Rin earlier than the other two through multiplayer ranks but i'm not 100% sure

Teknoman

So satisfying to finally beat the pants of Durga hard mode. Its all about knowing when to grab, use your full on strong killer move, rampage the hell outta him...and of course those tips about snagging items prior to the match helped (had a flame nade and shield).

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
What am I supposed to do with the Parasite Infestation side mission? I get the parasites and two tentacles down, then there's a big ass red dot on the kraken, but not seeing any way to engage him. I'm missing something obvious here, right.

Foxix Von

What am I supposed to do with the Parasite Infestation side mission? I get the parasites and two tentacles down, then there's a big ass red dot on the kraken, but not seeing any way to engage him. I'm missing something obvious here, right.

This got me too. The second tentacle is covering up a pair of teleporters. Once you get it out of the way just warp out and the mission completes.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

I had trouble on this one too. The solution is really stupid.
You know when you have to destroy the tentacles after you defeat 50 of the parasites? Just destroy one of them, then go into the teleporter thing that the tentacle was guarding. That's right, you just...leave. Kinda dumb

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
So when it comes down to it, do online battles become a frustrating mosh pit of chaos? I understand this is probably circumstantial, but I'm wondering how it'll turn out against randoms online.

Eusis

I think it gets a bit better once you get familiar with the gameplay and any tricks like the 360 degree attack breaking you out of what'd seem to be a stunlock (not juggling though), but it does come off that way at least for free for alls. But then I guess that's what'd happen when you're focusing on one person, then everyone else jumps in to gank that person and beat YOU up, then lag messes things up further. Team matches seemed a bit more coherent though.

At any rate it's probably better to try to plow through single player first, that way you unlock a lot of stuff and get some non-competitive experience to not completely suck online.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I feel like I should have played some of the campaign before hoping online and embarrassing myself. There's more to this than I realized.

This got me too. The second tentacle is covering up a pair of teleporters. Once you get it out of the way just warp out and the mission completes.

I had trouble on this one too. The solution is really stupid.
You know when you have to destroy the tentacles after you defeat 50 of the parasites? Just destroy one of them, then go into the teleporter thing that the tentacle was guarding. That's right, you just...leave. Kinda dumb

That is certainly an ... interesting way of designing a mission. Heh. Thanks, guys.

Alboreo

I feel like I should have played some of the campaign before hoping online and embarrassing myself. There's more to this than I realized.

Same here, hah. I went online and was absolutely demolished. I've been doing the campaign and bot matches ever since.

d0c_zaius

so far been playing mostly 2v2s. its pretty fun and fits the style of the game well.

there can be some hokey moments, like tiny player warps, or weird little inconsistencies sometimes, but more often than not everything comes together and its fucking fun.

theres also a nice (so far) smooth learning curve. of course getting blasted by 50s isnt fun, but if you can set up a small group of similar levels you'll see people start to get the hang of it.

I also think its a matter of the right starting character. Some I do terrible with while others I can understand the spacing and moveset use right away. Kinda hate that lava level though.

Amagon

Played a little bit of single, I like it so far. Still getting use to the controls/system but man, trying to find a match online takes forever. Still haven't found one yet. Oh well, save it for tomorrow. Still mad my code doesn't work. ;_;

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Yep I've spent like 20 minutes trying to get a match. Matchmaking failed, lobby full, no sessions. I've seen it all.

I got into 1 Survival game but that's it, and that's just wave based AI.

Foxix Von

OMG the last white side free mission is UHMAZING.

It totally just becomes a freaking kaiju monster romp so awesome hahaha

Neiteio

Took me a little while to get used to the controls, but now it's starting to click. BIG BULL IS SO FUN. I'm usually getting pummeled by light quick characters like Leo, but I hang in there and end up bum-rushing them for a grab-and-slam kill. Sweet justice!

However, out of the many online matches I played, only one went all the way through -- usually I get disconnected somehow. :(

Also, a bit of lag. I have the full number of bars, yet sometimes it seems like hits don't register and people warp all over the place.

Still, a lot of fun. I just wish my Bayonetta code would work. :(

Top Bottom