• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

Dave Long

Banned
I preordered specifically not to miss the Bayonetta thing and the extra modes. The code not working is kinda shit. Thank goodness the game is good.

Scavenger

No, I redeemed mine on January 2nd without any trouble.
Mmmm.. :( I send a message to support.sega.co.uk a few hours ago, hopefully they'll help me out quickly.

Do you have the PS3 version? If so, what's your BLES code? The BLES code of my Anarchy Reigns copy is BLES01232LE and it is the Benelux version.

kiyomi

Weird, I just got an email from the site I'm preordering from saying they couldn't process my preorder and that I need to update my CC details. But I've already paid for it with PayPal :|

Really hope it's just their system that's confused and not going to force me into having to go through customer services.

Camjo-Z

Just got my copy in the mail, tried the Bayonetta code in PS Store, raged. Good to know I'm not the only one having that problem, hehe. I guess it's back to Baron for me until they sort it out!

Roto13

Has anyone been able to use their code *recently*? Seems like nobody had any problems for the first little while that Bayonetta was available, and then people started having problems, and I haven't seen anyone say they've been able to redeem their codes since then.

For the MP abilities that require you to get X number of kills in Street Brawl for the various stages, can that be done in free mode or do I need to replay the game? I didn't bother doing a lot of Street Brawl fighting, as I mostly went mission to mission and only used the overworld to find blue safes.

Why is the White Side so much harder than the Black Side?
I found it to be the opposite actually. I did Black first and then White, and I easily platinumed all but 3 or 4 of the missions on the White side on my first or second try.
Because Cybrid Joe is a dick.
This is true, however! I raged a ton while trying to get Platinum on the stage
where you fight 3 of them
Red side is whoever you play as first in the campaign run.
Do I have to start a whole new campaign run just to do Red Side with the other character then?

Riposte

Can someone give some fundamentals on the multiplayer? I've been doing a lot of experimenting and what to see if I'm on the right track.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So what triggers stuns? They do a piss poor job explaining the fight mechanics.

counter hit. getting hit by a move during the start up of your move

standard fighting game logic applies to both clashes and stuns

Ferrio

Banned
counter hit. getting hit by a move during the start up of your move

standard fighting game logic applies to both clashes and stuns

That's what I figured. So a weak attack will cause someone to get stunned during a heavy animation?

Someone earlier mentioned infinite dodging or something earlier too... what's with that?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone give some fundamentals on the multiplayer? I've been doing a lot of experimenting and what to see if I'm on the right track.

maybe this will help

closest thing I've come across to an FAQ

So what's the dustloop type website for this game? Wanna start workin' on combos'n'shiiiiit.

I would love something like this as well. Loving the game so far!

There's just a thread on SRK.

Filled with plenty of dudes waaaaaaaaay more knowledgeable than myself about this game

That's what I figured. So a weak attack will cause someone to get stunned during a heavy animation?

Strength doesn't matter afaik

I honestly dont understand it fully myself. I've seen dudes get stunned out of armor moves and at the same time moves that just armor through everything.(sometimes the same move)

game is really random at times

Foxix Von

Leo's last free mission really reinforces that White should be played second. God damn.

I made a post about this earlier. It's spoilerish but holy fuck it's really awesome. It's one of those game defining moments. If the game hadn't sold you on how badass it was that's the mission that will hammer it into your skull.

Roto13

I keep trying to double jump. :p Especially as Bayonetta. Also, I keep expecting Bayonetta's Wicked Weaves to come out wherever my target is.

I went in blind and picked it up last night. Only had a short time to sample the SP. I went Dark and stopped after beating Big Bull. It's fun but the design sorta feels like a Platinum version of State of Emergency...which isn't really a good thing. Hopefully it gets better but I enjoyed what I played and hey, $30. =P

d0c_zaius

this game is such a good value

I went in blind and picked it up last night. Only had a short time to sample the SP. I went Dark and stopped after beating Big Bull. It's fun but the design sorta feels like a Platinum version of State of Emergency...which isn't really a good thing. Hopefully it gets better but I enjoyed what I played and hey, $30. =P

sure I could see that, in the beginning. Trying to grasp the gameplay stuff initially is difficult during the chaos, especially with some mechanics and systems not being covered in the tutorial. But thats MP mostly.

but it will click after a couple of hours. it feels way tighter and focused than SoE, much closer to a fighting game.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know we have not forgotten about the Bayonetta PS3 codes, and our teams are still investigating this alongside Sony to get them working ASAP for those who are having problems.

Quick summary for those who just arrived at the thread: some of the PS3 codes that unlock Bayonetta are giving an "Invalid" error message here in North America, while for other people the codes are working properly. We're working on figuring out the rhyme and reason right now so we can solve the issue for all players.

More news as soon as I have it - thank you for patience, I'll keep you guys posted!

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know we have not forgotten about the Bayonetta PS3 codes, and our teams are still investigating this alongside Sony to get them working ASAP for those who are having problems.

Quick summary for those who just arrived at the thread: some of the PS3 codes that unlock Bayonetta are giving an "Invalid" error message here in North America, while for other people the codes are working just fine.

More news as soon as I have it - will keep you guys posted!

Thanks for the update :).

LarryButz

Woo! My code finally worked! But now I have an extra one from Ruby as I tried out the one GameStop gave me first....what do?

shuri

Banned
I picked up copies for each console! Can't wait to play it; it reminds me a lot of that Spawn arcade game from 2000; or Heavy Metal Geomatrix

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Personally, I had a really difficult time getting into matches yesterday, and there were some significant lag issues at times. It honestly kind of frustrated me to the point of just putting the game down for the night. Earlier in the day, though, the game played fine with a few hiccups, but nothing too serious. Hopefully it was just a temporary issue or some problem on my end or something.
Thanks for the heads up. Anymore input from 360 users?

Might hold off if the servers/netcode is bad.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Few things about my online experience:

• Consecutive grabs are bullshit.
  • Can you break out of combos by holding Y or does it just stop the person from following up with a second combo?
  • Can you break out of team attacks?

I've had an okay experience so far. Getting into matches can be a challenge, but when I hosted a 2 on 2 match I had no problem filling it.

I can't tell if this is satire or not. If this quick look thing is real this is why we can't have nice things: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=171eZ8bzaWQ

Is this guy for real?

Comments lent me to believe it was parody. Checking the rest of his videos pretty much confirmed it. Wasn't funny enough for me to stick around.

Hey everyone,

Quick summary for those who just arrived at the thread: some of the PS3 codes that unlock Bayonetta are giving an "Invalid" error message here in North America, while for other people the codes are working properly. We're working on figuring out the rhyme and reason right now so we can solve the issue for all players.

More news as soon as I have it - thank you for patience, I'll keep you guys posted!

Thanks much. Friend has been trying for me at home this morning, no dice.

d0c_zaius

I can't tell if this is satire or not. If this quick look thing is real this is why we can't have nice things: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=171eZ8bzaWQ

Is this guy for real?

"ibez07 2 hours ago

Finally ur back,i was actually considering buying this epileptics day out game cos its compatible with kinect and i like 1st person shooters but ur thorough review/ay test has saved me a shed load of money,thanks mate"

hahaha this is amazing

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member

Everytime I've joined a game I haven't had a problem with lag or disconnection. However, a person did complain he was experiencing a lot of lag in a game we were in.

deim0s

Woah, Death ball is fun! Even when I suck at it, running interference is good enough.

Add me to the list: (PSN) deim0s : deim0s-wtf

Ferrio

Banned

• Can you break out of combos by holding Y or does it just stop the person from following up with a second combo?

I've had an okay experience so far. Getting into matches can be a challenge, but when I hosted a 2 on 2 match I had no problem filling it.

-You can break out of grabs, don't know how. I assume hitting grab when they go to grab.
-Use your 360 attack to break out of any non juggle combo

LegatoB

This is a good time to practice some fighting game fundamentals!

• You can break out of throws by pressing the throw button with the right timing right as they're reaching out for you. I haven't practiced the exact timing much yet, but if you know the other guy's going to try and throw you as you're getting up, can't hurt to try hitting Throw right back at him.
  • Holding Y (Triangle) activates your charge attack, which has super armor ("blocks" enemy attacks) IIRC. That's one way to block and punish, but you can also escape out of combos using your 360 Attack (Square+X, or X+A). It takes a chunk of your life unless you equip a skill that removes the penalty, and it can be punished hard if your opponent blocks/dodges it, but you're completely invincible until as (maybe just after?) the move hits.
  • If you mean "two or more guys smacking my body around at the same time," then doing a 360 Attack, like in any combo, will knock 'em back.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
tumblr_lm0t2a8lJC1qzt0a8o1_250.gif

Top Bottom