• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

Foxix Von

Annnnd I just beat the game. Man... that was fucking awesome. I immediately want a sequel to this. I would really like to see some more God Hand designs integrated into this. By the end of the game, as you learn your way around the characters certain situations can feel a little easy on normal. It'd be really, really nice to have a god hand style difficulty bar in this game.

Now I can fully dig into multiplayer :D

Also, very, very end spoiler:
Nikolai's "death"/defeat sequence is probably one of the most awesome things I've seen in a video game. They really, really had me going there hahaha.
Not enough people are playing Mad Survival dammit.

PSN: PepsimanVsJoe

I'll be on tomorrow.
Also I'm totally down to try some survival. That sounds really cool. Will add you.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I'm getting Twisted Metal flashbacks from this. That is: the game is awesome and incredibly fun, but getting into an online match and staying there is a nightmare.

Ferrio

Banned
Mathilda's killer weapon moves are so god damn slow and shitty range/animation, you can't hit shit with them.

edit: Also key still doesn't work... I hope this gets fixed. I bought from gamestop and I like to avoid that at all costs.

d0c_zaius

game is clicking. playing a bunch of 1v1 and 2v2 helps a lot. Game really feels well focused for what it's trying to do.

i'm sure people will be mashing for a while (especially that 360 move), but once you get beyond the wtfness of everything going on, you start to pick up on fighting mechanic stuff and it begins to really come together.

hopefully people give it a chance, especially for the price. btw connected to a friend who had the jpn version and it said region japan, but the connection was fine.

Riposte

Mathilda's killer weapon moves are so god damn slow and shitty range/animation, you can't hit shit with them.

edit: Also key still doesn't work... I hope this gets fixed. I bought from gamestop and I like to avoid that at all costs.

It is pretty nice when it hits though...

Seems like I do best in small rooms of free for all... I've run into a few players (one level 50) which seem to know the game inside and out and I can't deal. So far it has been a little frustrating getting my bearings. I'll follow a plan or sequence which seems to work... until it doesn't and I'm left quite confused. Also 360 attacks are rather annoying... I still remember that from the demo, lol.

I'm getting Twisted Metal flashbacks from this. That is: the game is awesome and incredibly fun, but getting into an online match and staying there is a nightmare.

Yeah... some really bad menu decisions here. Like being unable to skip the whole point counting sequence and having to sit there for like 10+ seconds while the counts your exp and saves. Lots of joining full rooms and it uses some inflexible player count rules.

NFreak

I wasn't able to get out to pick up my copy today but I'll be getting it tomorrow. Pretty excited. If anyone wants to add me my PSN ID is in the OP. I see some already have! The rest of Gaf seems to be enjoying this quite a bit

Pietepiet

What? I'm hitting fools left and right with that. Works best either straight out of a good combo, or to support a team mate.

Can't get over how cool the title sequence in this game is... ended up making a video of it lol

http://youtu.be/Ink7KR9iuAc

Yeah, love it :) Funny to hear Jack say "Anarchy Reigns" after hearing him say "Max Anarchy" for so long on my version.

Esura

Banned
Because they know everyone would rather play Jack first.

The Black Side is the best side. Had more funnier dialog and cutscenes too.

Kind of weird the Red Side you only use Jack. I guess they consider him the primary main character I guess.

Because Cybrid Joe is a dick.

I hate that every last one of his attacks is unbreakable. It's annoying.

Scavenger

Got my European Anarchy Reigns LE PS3 copy in the mail today and the code isn't working. Is the code supposed to be working on the 11th or something?

Volcynika

The Black Side is the best side. Had more funnier dialog and cutscenes too.

Kind of weird the Red Side you only use Jack. I guess they consider him the primary main character I guess.

I hate that every last one of his attacks is unbreakable. It's annoying.

Red side is whoever you play as first in the campaign run.

Vercimber

Last night I had the funnest online multiplayer session I've ever had in a game (playing since 1985)--and I only played one round with PXG, Eusis, and a few others. Thanks, guys. I was like a child again. It really was that fun. Sorry I had to go after just one round. Sasha is awesome and might just have to be my main.

Baron

Did you have to "pre-order" the damned game to get the DLC from Gamestop, or can you walk in a store and buy a copy today and get the DLC codes? I have little hope for the DLC to be released otherwise - the Gamestop "exclusive" DLC for Sonic Generations is still AWOL.

JoeFenix

I absolutely LOVE the way those Platinum medals look. I'm completely obsessed with getting all of them on Hard mode, that mission against Garuda and Durga at the same time was a pain in the ass to Platinum.

What a great game though, Nikolai is my man, his voice is fucking perfect! Speaking of voices, is it just me or does the actor who plays Durga in english the same guy who did Salazar in RE4? They sound so much alike, I really have a feeling it's the same guy.

Oh, and LOL at Leo saying "I am the law!". Judge Dredd quotes, so classy! This game is just really fucking cool, so much fun!

Thanks for the good times P*!

PJX

Still haven't received my game yet even thou I got the codes. Might go and pick it up in the store if they have any copies.

How long is the campaign? I started off on White Side and just cleared out
Hong Long
. Do I need to do another play through for the Black Side?

Vercimber

JoeFenix and PlatinumGamesJP--thanks for the excellent games. Wish I had a mic, PlatinumGamesJP--this is a wonderful, refreshing game, and I appreciate your contribution to it.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
That's all for tonight. But I'll keep playing with you all as much as I can. Thanks for buying the game!

Thank you for making them! ^.^

Not gonna be on until Friday night. Can play Death Ball in practice mode/scrimmage mode? Need to get my skills way up.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
People having much trouble getting in games online on PSN?

Stronty

My DLC code still isnt working, I went to the store to update and powered down from yesterday. CAPS dont seem to make a difference for letters. Anyone else still having DLC code not working?

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
My copy should be arriving tomorrow.

I will hopefully sort out my streaming and get something acceptable broadcast out over the weekend.

On 360, btw.

any huge differences on PS3/XBOX? I'm inclined to go PS3 just because I won't have to shell out money for live (even though they automatic renewal'd me, those fuckers). Specifically the online connections/graphics? I know the PS3 sometimes gets the shaft

Neiteio

any huge differences on PS3/XBOX? I'm inclined to go PS3 just because I won't have to shell out money for live (even though they automatic renewal'd me, those fuckers). Specifically the online connections/graphics? I know the PS3 sometimes gets the shaft
PS3 was the lead platform, meaning the one they developed on first. It has the same online and framerate (like a 1-2 frame difference at time, according to technical analysis). The PS3 version also has the benefit of NO screen-tearing.

My DLC code still isnt working, I went to the store to update and powered down from yesterday. CAPS dont seem to make a difference for letters. Anyone else still having DLC code not working?

Still no go for me. Going to wait until later tonight to try again.

Managed to get an hour in last night, mostly campaign and free mode. Did play a survival match online as well, which was pretty fun. Not sure I'm ready for competitive multiplayer though.

PS3 was the lead platform, meaning the one they developed on first. It has the same online and framerate (like a 1-2 frame difference at time, according to technical analysis). The PS3 version also has the benefit of NO screen-tearing.

Perfect, just the info i needed. Had a similar situation with Dragon's Dogma, I had to exchange the xbox copy for a ps3 version because the tearing was just so bad.

30$ is just so right - I wasn't gonna get it for awhile but now I'm reconsidering. . .

Joe Lee

360 players: how's the multiplayer community looking so far?

Personally, I had a really difficult time getting into matches yesterday, and there were some significant lag issues at times. It honestly kind of frustrated me to the point of just putting the game down for the night. Earlier in the day, though, the game played fine with a few hiccups, but nothing too serious. Hopefully it was just a temporary issue or some problem on my end or something.

Neiteio

Perfect, just the info i needed. Had a similar situation with Dragon's Dogma, I had to exchange the xbox copy for a ps3 version because the tearing was just so bad.

30$ is just so right - I wasn't gonna get it for awhile but now I'm reconsidering. . .
I'd definitely recommend the game. But bear in mind:

1) Online can be a tad laggy at times, and I keep getting disconnected two-thirds of the way through a match, despite online working fine in all my other games. Maybe it was just a timing issue, though.

2) There's a slight learning curve. Go through the tutorial first. Basically you have light attacks (Square) and heavy attacks (Triangle). No complicated inputs -- not even hadoken complicated. Just Smash Bros-like combinations. It's more about timing, I.E., hit Square, wait a moment, hit Square again, which creates a different attack from simply hitting Square twice.

The tricky part for me was learning, under pressure, how to keep the Killer Weapon and Guarding straight in my head, but after a couple matches, it clicks.

You hold L2 to pull out your weapon; while holding L2, you can use Square or Triangle, on the ground or in the air, to do different weapon attacks. You hold R2 to guard, and while guarding, tap X to dodge (or X and a specific direction to dodge in that direction).

You can dodge three or four times before your character needs a split-second breather. Your weapon is likewise regulated by your KW guage, which fills up quickly as you hit people with regular attacks or get hit yourself.

Note that once someone has you in a combo, it's hard to find a break to guard -- usually it'll be when you hit the ground. Also, you can be grabbed while guarding. Best to put your guard up and roll back with X, or do a 360-degree crowd-clearing attack (rendering you invincible at the expense of a little health) by holding Square and X at the same time.

Mupod

I haven't noticed tearing at all in the 360 version based on playing a bit last night, but I suppose people have had the game for quite a few months now and have tested it more extensively.

I had a LOT of trouble getting matches last night, I only managed to get into a single Dogfight match. I didn't try making my own though, which is how I always got matches going in SFIV. I'm more interested in the SP at the moment, I don't really want to go online until I've got more characters unlocked and some decent combos down. I don't think I'd be able to do much considering the only character I can use is Jack and the only good combos I know all start with standing heavy.

Dave Long

Banned
I laughed out loud the second time Jack finished a combo with "Fuck off!" because the first time I wasn't sure he actually said it! LOL!

This game is exactly what brought me to videogames in the first place. Super mechanics, lots of depth, big dumb fun, lots of crazy and of course a massive wad of cool art, sound and music. It's fitting that the box has SEGA on the front.

Top Bottom