• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

Lomax

I love the regular South Park Pinball table (Super Sweet Pinball), it's constantly active and is one of the few tables that lets you have multiple modes running at the same time. It really conveys the ADD feeling of South Park well, and is a lot of fun. Not nearly as fond of the Butters table though. I wouldn't call it bad though, but I'm sure it suits some play styles better than others. Amazon also has each table on sale right now for 99 cents.

Benedict

Somebody knows why I can't install Monument Valley on my android tablet from Amazon?
It's a Huawei T1-A21w and should work.
It always fails.

And how do I clear downloads from Amazon app without deleting everything?
I have 733mb of data in the Amazon app... It should not be that much

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Hey guys, quick question. With the iPega telescopic controller how do you pull up the in-game built in button mapping software?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I have no idea what you are talking about
There is a user interface that you can pull up with the iPega telescopic controller to use even with games that don't have controller support. At one time it was a very popular controller for mobile games on Android so I thought perhaps someone would recall how to pull up that particular menu.

I'm trying to map my controller to work with the modified Remote Play app.

Skyzard

Banned
Upgraded phone recently and got hooked on mobile gaming again. Some real gems, will write a proper post later when I've spent more time with them... but it's getting nuts with some of the quality games out there.

gzoRNBE.jpg

Playing too much sky force, lane slitter and skiing yeti mountain recently, but firing off others too.
Presentation and smoothness and controls are getting pretty solid for the good mobile games. I'm really optimistic for the future.

Anyone know a top down racer like reckless racing but 60fps?
Mini motor racing was okay but has issues on this phone.
New version of MMR is online only so I deleted it.

pako car chase is fun (not a racer though), just wish I could buy out of ads.
Table top racing.. I tried it, preferred it on vita for some reason, might be the controls. Wasn't quite as much of a frenzy with the speed either, more precise gameplay.

Got a bunch on my wishlist/secretly hoping for freebies with Amazon underground. Went a bit nuts with the no-ad iaps for most of these. Though a lot were free on that Amazon app. Really good. Anyone know how often new free stuff gets added to that? It's not like the previous app with daily stuff.

So far just playing puzzle bobble on the snes emu, the Android game is heavy on the annoying, apparently, probably should check it.

Also, anyone know of a tower defence where you can maze?
... And maybe like a game where you just have to keep a ball in the air? Used to play tap up on iPhone a tonne.
And like a simple trials game? Don't mind if 2d, but some physics and needing to balance.

Only bummer is still no phoenix HD, tilt to live and tiny wings. I tried the dragon game, artstyle wasn't nearly as good.

wetwired

I've got some travelling coming up and am in need of some time killers for the commute. Anyone got any recommendations for games I can play without an internet connection for nexus 7?

I'm not keen on reflex based games on tablets but will consider.

Ideally I'm after something like civilization or sim city, a good time killer, what's shadowrun like on tablets? or something like that i can sink my teeth into for a good few hours. Maybe a good tower defense or something?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I've got some travelling coming up and am in need of some time killers for the commute. Anyone got any recommendations for games I can play without an internet connection for nexus 7?

I'm not keen on reflex based games on tablets but will consider.

Ideally I'm after something like civilization or sim city, a good time killer, what's shadowrun like on tablets? or something like that i can sink my teeth into for a good few hours. Maybe a good tower defense or something?

Shadowrun is excellent on tablets. Just skip to Dragonfall, though.

mabinogi duel english version is out
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nexon.devcat.mabinogiduel.global
if it's not available in your country then just get the apk from this link
http://apkpure.com/mabinogi-duel/com.nexon.devcat.mabinogiduel.global
Really don't like the resource roulette thing going on. Oh well was worth a try I guess.

Otherwise seems like a pretty decent mobile game. Good art, story seems to be presented pretty well compared to other games of the style. The menus look really nice, but there is also a ton of small text and detail so it's kind of awkward to play on the phone.

Qvoth

been playing it, it's a bit like solforge imo
pretty decent i guess, not bored with it yet
seems like they just use google translate from the korean version or something lol

yasu151

Has anyone played Star Wars: Uprising? If so, any thoughts on the quality of the game? I've been looking for a good game with random loot, and though this looks interesting I'll weight opinions of it here far higher than elsewhere.

edit: I think I answered my own question. I found the GAF thread about this very game, and am reading through it now. I think I'll give it a try.

Has anyone played Star Wars: Uprising? If so, any thoughts on the quality of the game? I've been looking for a good game with random loot, and though this looks interesting I'll weight opinions of it here far higher than elsewhere.

I played it for about 15 minutes so it might get deeper as you go, but I thought it was pretty boring.

Seemed very similar to that Marvel Future Fight game where you fight a few groups of enemies, open a gate to the next area, rinse and repeat.

How do you transfer save game files from phone to phone? I want to transfer my Final Fantasy Tactics save file to a new phone when I upgrade. Apologize if this has been asked already.

Skyzard

Banned
Loving desert golfing, great pick up and play, auper fast load too.

Im enjoying Framed, got off to a really bad start with the intro screen though.

Move the lighter before the ciggarette panel as if you light up before you put one in your mouth...just fucking dumb.

That sjmple thing made me lose confidence in the developer's thinking for a game like this. Gives the impression that it is basically try a bunch of things till you find what they want. Some of the levels have been decent so far (still early) but I wouldnt say I was that far off with that impression. It's still fun though and you can work some stuff out from the get-go, so still a keeper, thw idea itself is great.

yasu151

I played it for about 15 minutes so it might get deeper as you go, but I thought it was pretty boring.

Seemed very similar to that Marvel Future Fight game where you fight a few groups of enemies, open a gate to the next area, rinse and repeat.

Thanks for the insight! I think I'll play it until I get frustrated. So far, one day in, it's pretty fun.

That sjmple thing made me lose confidence in the developer's thinking for a game like this. Gives the impression that it is basically try a bunch of things till you find what they want. Some of the levels have been decent so far (still early) but I wouldnt say I was that far off with that impression. It's still fun though and you can work some stuff out from the get-go, so still a keeper, thw idea itself is great.

It's not some deep puzzle game. Yes you are just supposed to swap panels around.

Skyzard

Banned
It'd be nice not to start off with something illogical as the intro to your puzzle mechanic is all.

Btw colin mcrae rally was like 10p yesterday, think it still might be. Tried it and bit and it seems pretty good, not just for 10p.

Do you guys have a few favourites for a balancing game like trials?

Alchemy

Any good arcade racing game recommendations? Big fan of Burnout 3, and Asphalt 8 is decent but I can't stand the ads in the game. Willing to pay for something that doesn't suck >.<

Vorg

Banned
Any good arcade racing game recommendations? Big fan of Burnout 3, and Asphalt 8 is decent but I can't stand the ads in the game. Willing to pay for something that doesn't suck >.<

Do you like Daytona USA? There's a pretty decent clone called maximum velocity that costs like 1 euro.

DQIV is on sale:
Dragon Quest IV - $9.99 (Regular: $14.99)

The mobile version re-adds the Party Chat feature that was removed from the DS localization. It also had Cloud Save, but I haven't been able to get it to work for about 2 months (Displays a "connection failed" message when I try to sync).

I've been playing a bunch of Shadowrun: Dragonfall on my tablet lately, and aside from the horrible performance and load times (I have an Xperia Tablet Z) I'm liking it a lot.

What would be your recommendations for similar games?

I know there's XCOM, but I've played that without the Enemy Within expansion on PC and if the performance is around the same level as Shadowrun (or worse) I'd rather not play it. Banner Saga is structured a bit different but has that turn based combat going, so I might give it a go.

You can use AppSales and add games to your watchlist. I will say that the ads have gotten a little out of control in the app recently, but it's still the best thing I've found for tracking sales.
I didn't love that app, but I just use the Appsale website and just check it every few days.

I don't have notifications, but you still see what all is on sale.

yasu151

I enjoyed it, though the glitz of other games drew me away before I could finish. It reminded me a bit of FF5, though it's told in two parts where you control two distinct parties. Depending on where the storyline is.

Top Bottom