• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

shanafan

They finally have a Framemeister!!!

Curious, is he using it right? Do you just plug in your composite cables and then an HDMI going out?

Looking at Mike's setup, he has composite switches hooked up to more composite switches. Is the Framemeister that good that, even though the signal gets a little downgraded going from a switch to another switch, that the Framemeister is able to still up-res the image?

Carnby

Prepare for some Mike "humor", some pretty bad audio, and a general dislike for the game right from the getgo.

I dunno, I think the game looks like fun.

You weren't kidding. "What's the deal with simulators? Amirite?" *cue Seinfeld base line*

Kudo

Lol at all the dislikes in Farming Simulator video, it was pure gold.
While I don't judge people who play those kind of games, I kinda agree with their view. Everyone can use their time how they see fit for themselves.

shanafan

Lol at all the dislikes in Farming Simulator video, it was pure gold.
While I don't judge people who play those kind of games, I kinda agree with their view. Everyone can use their time how they see fit for themselves.

My problem is that they never gave it a chance. Mike immediately hated the game based on the title alone. Which, I guess is a solidifying factor because the title fits perfect to what the game is, but at least give it a chance.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't AlphaOmegaSin the clown who made that ridiculous petition to remove Anita Sarkeesian from Mirror's Edge Catalyst's development? I'm really not happy to see Mike hanging out with this guy :/

Timu

Curious, is he using it right? Do you just plug in your composite cables and then an HDMI going out?

Looking at Mike's setup, he has composite switches hooked up to more composite switches. Is the Framemeister that good that, even though the signal gets a little downgraded going from a switch to another switch, that the Framemeister is able to still up-res the image?
Yes and yes.

Oh. I'm almost caught up.

I hope they RGB their retro stuff. The video would look much better.
They probably don't even know that RGB exist.

Kudo

My problem is that they never gave it a chance. Mike immediately hated the game based on the title alone. Which, I guess is a solidifying factor because the title fits perfect to what the game is, but at least give it a chance.

I can understand why people have problem with the video, they only concentrate on the negative aspects and just diss on the game genre.

b0bbyJ03

I played every single one of those games when I was a kid and I'm not kidding when I say that watching those videos just gave me anxiety. lol. I just remember how fucking annoying some of those parts where. Especially jumping over that hole in TMNT. Now I need a drink.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

I wonder if Mike would hate on SimFarm.

SuomiDude

James & Mike Mondays: Godzilla (PS4)

http://youtu.be/M8FovCPJywY
God damn that game looks like shit, and their complaints are spot on (though unlike they say the game looks good, no it doesn't, graphics and physics are shit as well). Kinda bad episode, because the game isn't shit shit to actually be entertaining to watch nor good enough to be entertaining. It's just boring, bland shit, not funny to watch at all.

dh4niel

I heard too much about all the behind the scenes stuff that was going on and I can't really watch any of his videos anymore. :/

I heard too much about all the behind the scenes stuff that was going on and I can't really watch any of his videos anymore. :/

I'm also curious to know what you mean by this. As far as I know, James does all of the AVGN by himself, so I can't imagine what kind of controversy could possibly arise from that.

As for the newest James & Mike Monday, I thought it was pretty entertaining. I always enjoy their reactions to the newer consoles. They rarely play them on camera, so it's a treat to see every so often.

Jesus it's simply amazing how out of touch they are with the current systems. How does one own a PS4 and not know that online multiplayer you need playstation plus, know what plus even is after owning the console for how long? and not even knowing they are playing online.

dh4niel

I guess I could understand the first one (although that was a long ass time ago and more a bad decision than anything else) but wtf @ the second haha

I know dude. It was back when I actually read YouTube comments (it was a dark time). I wouldn't waste your time looking it up. Haha.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Jesus it's simply amazing how out of touch they are with the current systems. How does one own a PS4 and not know that online multiplayer you need playstation plus, know what plus even is after owning the console for how long? and not even knowing they are playing online.

It's possible they found no need to go online.

The Cheetamen II kick starter and the whole Mike having a 10 inch dick thing. :/

For one, stop listening to Asalieri and people similar to him. They are toxic.
They were not responsible for the Cheetahmen II Kickstarter, they were merely asked by the creator to star in a promo video about it. Along with The Game Chasers and Pat the NES Punk.
As for Mike... that was a stupid rumor that got out of hand with zero evidence. Also, how does having a big dick effect the videos? That's insanely idiotic.

dh4niel

I got the same thing watching that Godzilla video. I know they almost exclusively play old stuff but they are a bit out of the loop.

misho8723

Banned
Sadly I think we're going to have a lot more shows like James & Mike Mondays than actual AVGN.

Guessing they're far easier to do.

Plus having done so many AVGN for so long he's probably more than a bit tired of them.

James said on the comments, that they are in the middle of recording a new episode of AVGN

test_account

XP-39C²
I'm kinda surprised that they arent up to date on the PS+ thing and have no idea about it. I guess that they mostly play older games, but still, Mike said that he had like 15 updates, so hes not completely new to PS4.

dh4niel

It's possible they found no need to go online.

For one, stop listening to Asalieri and people similar to him. They are toxic.
They were not responsible for the Cheetahmen II Kickstarter, they were merely asked by the creator to star in a promo video about it. Along with The Game Chasers and Pat the NES Punk.
As for Mike... that was a stupid rumor that got out of hand with zero evidence. Also, how does having a big dick effect the videos? That's insanely idiotic.

It doesn't, of course not. It was a time when there was a lot of negativity surrounding a lot of YouTube personalities and I didn't want to witness any part of it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The Cheetamen thing was a mistake, and they acknowledged that they were pretty ignorant about it, but I can see how it could rub people the wrong way. As for the last one, hah! I don't know the whole story, but wasn't it like a box of condoms or something in a picture that he posted?

The picture that started that was Mike wearing cargo shorts, and they were folded in a way make it look like he had a huge dick.

Top Bottom