• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Andrex said:
"Yeah TV makes a lot of sense." :lol So random.
I've always wondered why they censored the "hole" and not the "ass". Same with the "god" and not the "damn" for "god damn". Although I guess some religious people might be offended or something...

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
OMG Aero said:
I wonder if that last game is actually good or so bad it needs its own episode.

Cheetah Men is not a good game. But it's the best of the package. I recognize that this is not saying a whole lot.

It's on a level of terribleness that's just below the other games on the package, but it surprisingly has one of the most well composed music themes on the NES.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just remembered a small nitpick I had - he likes to use "fluent" in place of "fluid". Not a big deal, but it just stood out again. :lol

While this "game" sucks, at least it's better than the crappy Asian NES/GB carts with 100 games. Well, better in that they use new assets for each game... not so much the game play.

Gravijah

firehawk12 said:
I just remembered a small nitpick I had - he likes to use "fluent" in place of "fluid". Not a big deal, but it just stood out again. :lol

While this "game" sucks, at least it's better than the crappy Asian NES/GB carts with 100 games. Well, better in that they use new assets for each game... not so much the game play.

Aren't those asian bootleg carts way cheaper, though? You had to pay 199.99 for this shit back in the day.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, but they were usually 5 (stolen) games just cloned over and over again with small rule variations (extra lives, cheats, whatever).
These actually look like they went to the trouble of creating new assets for each game at least. :lol

Gravijah

firehawk12 said:
Yeah, but they were usually 5 (stolen) games just cloned over and over again with small rule variations (extra lives, cheats, whatever).
These actually look like they went to the trouble of creating new assets for each game at least. :lol

I doubt there was any "trouble" in whatever the fuck they were doing. :lol

MAtgS

Is it just me or has Nerd been taking after the Nostalgia Critic there? The safety pin & TV censorship seemed more the NC's style than the AVGN's.

ArjanN

nolookjones said:
great ep...that could be the worst game ever esp for $199...wtf?

This,

It's funny, at first when you do the math (52/199) it doesn't seem like a bad deal, but every time he says: well, that's another 4 dollars wasted, you realize more and more it's actually a terrible deal.

Big Chungus

The same company that made Action52 wanted to release this handheld in 1992...

15wl1td.jpg

:lol

skybaby

Bitmap Frogs said:
By the way, the wiki entry on action 52 is golden.

They raised 5 million dollars to make it and only hired college students.
The genesis version was developed by farsight studios, the studio now making bowling for playstation movie :D

BobTheFork said:
That action 52 was the first episode I've ever watched. I watched the NG ep right after that. Where the hell was I this is hilarious.

The Ninja Turtles one is my favorite.

Oh, and watch the Plumbers don't wear ties one. That one's awesome.

Top Bottom